• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Siggy

I'm sad to see him go; i must say it seems he was victim of our scrambled transfer policy when it comes to the midfield.

Once we bought Siggy, why did we then buy Holtby, Chadli?

Anyway, he overall didn't quite live up to expectations, but he gave his all and I wish him al the best.

I'm sure we didn't lose a game in which he scored...

Shame he didn't score that many then, which, you know, is kinda why we bought him.

I think we just buy players who represent good value. We'll probably turn a small profit on him. He's good, but I've never seen a player almost score so many goals. He's missing the last 10% for me. He'll do well with Swansea, better suited to them.

Shame he didn't score that many then, which, you know, is kinda why we bought him.

Who did though?

Look at our goals at white hart lane last season (excluding penalties)
siggy 5
eriksen 5
ade 3
paulinho 2
kane 2
walker 1
sandro 1
dembele 1
lennon 1
defoe 1
capoue 1
kaboul 1
soldado 1

He weighed with more than his share for the amount of minutes on the pitch he got.

I'm sad to see him go; i must say it seems he was victim of our scrambled transfer policy when it comes to the midfield.

Once we bought Siggy, why did we then buy Holtby, Chadli?

Anyway, he overall didn't quite live up to expectations, but he gave his all and I wish him al the best.

I'm sure we didn't lose a game in which he scored...

As another poster commented, we buy players who are decent investments

Siggy/Davies will not likely be a swap on paper (two deals), but may just end up almost cancelling each other out in actually paying.

I like Siggy, think he'll do a good job for Swansea.

Same here. The amount of times he'd hit the woodwork with a beautifully curled long shot was unreal. Would have scored two or three times as many if not for that.

I already have plans to sign him on Football Manager next season. ;)

Who did though?

Look at our goals at white hart lane last season (excluding penalties)
siggy 5
eriksen 5
ade 3
paulinho 2
kane 2
walker 1
sandro 1
dembele 1
lennon 1
defoe 1
capoue 1
kaboul 1
soldado 1

He weighed with more than his share for the amount of minutes on the pitch he got.

That is what counts. He was good value, I hope he does well at Swansea.

Was he ever given a 'proper' run (5-6 consecutive games) in his best position?

Think people miss the point, it was never that Siggy was a bad player, he just wasn't good enough to keep other players out of the side.

Kranjcar was a good player for us, goal scoring record probably as good/better than Siggy, but he was never good enough to keep either Bale/Modric out of side.

Like Kranjcar, the only way Siggy was going to get a proper run in his favored position was through injuries.

Think Siggy was unfortunate that Bale moved centrally almost as soon as we bought him - if it hadn't been for that he might have flourished as VDV's replacement in the no.10 role. Instead he virtually never played there.

I have a feeling he'll do very well again at Swansea - good move for all parties. Wish him all the best.

Who would you have dropped to give him that 'proper' run?

The intent of my question was whether he was given a chance to show what he could do given the chance to play regularly in his best position (which I don't know). If we knew his best position perhaps we could suggest whom to have dropped.

Im struggling too see what Chadli can do that Sigurdsson can´t do better..

Chadli is more powerful, whilst having good technique - something we dont really have. Plus Id suggest you havent seen the best of Chadli yet....

Just to add Sig has good technique, I meant look at our wing forwards we dont have anyone who is powerful, maybe an aerial threat - Chadli offers something different wherever he is utilised in the forward line....

Im struggling too see what Chadli can do that Sigurdsson can´t do better..

Maybe if Swansea were interested in taking Chadli in exchange for Davies and Vorm he would be crossing Offa's Dyke right now.

Siggy scored 5 in 1200 minutes last year. Could hit 10-15 in a full season, oh well.

imo he never ever looked good when he started. He had some decent matches when he was a sub.

Gylfi thrives on confidence. He seemed to lack it a bit at Tottenham. I will never forget his goal against Chelsea on Stamford Bridge. Lost my voice on that one.

He will always be a superb player on an average team, but an average player on a good team.

Back