• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Siggy

Another HG player leaves the building. Now we have about five left.

Davies replacing BAE will counteract losing Siggy.

Remember if end up with Schneiderlin, he counts as one too.

A lot of our young players have gone over now - Archer, Fryers, Carroll etc all count this year where they didn't last. The 17 max non-homegrown is the issue, rather than scrambling around for 8 who are

Current home grown players, those in bold are also club trained which matters in UEFA tournaments where they ask for 4 club trained + 4 association (or more club) trained when you list a 25 man squad.

Fredericks
Rose
Carroll
Mason
Lennon
Townsend
Obika

Dawson
Fryers
Walker
Naughton
Sigurdsson

We also have as many as 31 senior players at the moment and will need to cut that number by at least 6. Reckon a lot of them will come from this list.

Current home grown players, those in bold are also club trained which matters in UEFA tournaments where they ask for 4 club trained + 4 association (or more club) trained when you list a 25 man squad.

Fredericks
Rose
Carroll
Mason
Lennon
Townsend
Obika

Dawson
Fryers
Walker
Naughton
Sigurdsson

We also have as many as 31 senior players at the moment and will need to cut that number by at least 6. Reckon a lot of them will come from this list.

Obika, Mason, Siggy and Carroll (loan) seem obvious. Fredericks will probably go on loan too. 12 minus 5 still leaves us with 7, plus incomings (Davies, maybe Schneiderlin and one of the four England U21 CBs we've been linked with).

There are also players like Khumalo, Falque and BAE in that 31, who will realistically not play for us again.

Quick question - why are Lennon and Rose club trained - is it because of the age they were when we bought them from Leeds (i.e. U18, rather than U21 like Dawson, Fryers and Walker)?

You become club trained by spending 3 years with a club between the age of 15 to 21.
Doesn't matter if they played youth football or went straight into the first team (nor their nationality), age and time spent is all that matter.
The really silly thing about that rule is that a player that is with a club from 7 to 15 and then moves on doesn't count as club trained.

You become club trained by spending 3 years with a club between the age of 15 to 21.
Doesn't matter if they played youth football or went straight into the first team (nor their nationality), age and time spent is all that matter.
The really silly thing about that rule is that a player that is with a club from 7 to 15 and then moves on doesn't count as club trained.

Yep, as I believe Bentaleb qualifies as home trained this year. As does Veljkovic?

Home grown status is really only for senior players, as it's no point to register a youth player as a senior as he's free to play anyway.
But both Bentaleb and Veljkovic will be Spurs club trained and home grown in English football the day they become old enough yes.
Bentaleb has two seasons left with U21 status, Veljkovic three seasons

Healthy scratch today it seems. He was there though - we saw him, eriksen and walker waking around the pitch in street clothes.

We have too many midfielders, and need a LB. Straight swap with Davies is more than good, don't think Siggy would fit in with Pochs high speed and pressing style.

We have too many midfielders, and need a LB. Straight swap with Davies is more than good, don't think Siggy would fit in with Pochs high speed and pressing style.

People keep saying this about certain players but Im pretty sure the same assumptions were thought about one or two Southampton players and Poch managed to develop them - hallmarks of a good coach....

I'm sad to see him go; i must say it seems he was victim of our scrambled transfer policy when it comes to the midfield.

Once we bought Siggy, why did we then buy Holtby, Chadli?

Anyway, he overall didn't quite live up to expectations, but he gave his all and I wish him al the best.

I'm sure we didn't lose a game in which he scored...

Back