• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Siem de Jong

Where would we play him though?

He seems more destined to become a Bundesliga player IMO with his brother already playing there.
He's not a spectacular player but like Thomas Muller, he's one that makes intelligent runs.

If we had to have someone from Ajax I would much rather Christian Eriksen. Has WAY more assists (17) than de Jong (8) in the league and only one less goal (10). I haven't seen a lot of Ajax play this year but when I do it seems they both play the CM role rather than out wide?

Edit: Unless we got both and went for an awesome new lineup of:

--------Eriksen----Sandro---------
Bale---------de Jong--------NEW
---------------NEW----------------

Eriksen has never played in front of defence though. Lets stick to Dembele.

Eriksen meanwhile seems to want to join Dortmund. He's almost certainly going to leave Ajax this summer as he only has one year left on his contract.

well you could alter that formation to

------------Sandro----------
-------Eriksen---de Jong-----
Bale-----------------------NEW
-------------NEW----------

Though I agree I do love Dembele, would just seem a shame to miss out on two great players

well you could alter that formation to

------------Sandro----------
-------Eriksen---de Jong-----
Bale-----------------------NEW
-------------NEW----------

Though I agree I do love Dembele, would just seem a shame to miss out on two great players

They're good but they aren't in the GREAT category.

Why would you play de Jong instead of Dembele when they're completely different? And in that role Dembele bricks all over him.

We already have Dempsey and Sigurdsson who can play off the striker plus Bale is doing a pretty good job of that himself when it comes to scoring goals. De Jong is a player simply not needed. We need a creative midfielder not wasting our money on players like de Jong.

I would certainly put Eriksen in the great category. 17 assists and 10 goals in the league this year. That to me is great. As for De Jong, yes he is a different player to Dembele, but who said we had to swap like for like? Dembele has had a good season but not exactly set the world alight. Yes he can slickly pass a player with no effort, but he only has 3 assists and 1 goal to show for it. Whether that's because he's been playing with a hip injury I don't know?

I would certainly put Eriksen in the great category. 17 assists and 10 goals in the league this year. That to me is great. As for De Jong, yes he is a different player to Dembele, but who said we had to swap like for like? Dembele has had a good season but not exactly set the world alight. Yes he can slickly pass a player with no effort, but he only has 3 assists and 1 goal to show for it. Whether that's because he's been playing with a hip injury I don't know?

how many goals or assists did Modric get last year?

Ronaldo, Messi, Bale are great, Eriksen doesn't even come anywhere near that level and if he was he wouldn't be playing for Ajax he'd be at a larger club.

Hang on you can't suddenly compare him to Messi etc. Those targets are completely unrealistic. de Jong and Eriksen on the other hand are gettable. Who in our current squad is better in midfield/attack? Only really Bale. So what makes them unneeded? You can't start spouting saying he's no Messi, he's no Ronaldo. Jeez, who else do you expect us to sign?

Modric was great at going forward and getting the ball at the back too. Again, different type of player.

that's the type of player we miss. We partner Dembele with a player of that ilk (Moutinho, Pjanic etc) with Sandro behind and we'd look good. If we were going to do what you did and put de Jong or even Eriksen there, I'd rather just keep Sigurdsson and play him there, but I don't think neither of them would do it.

I like de Jong, I've seen him play for Ajax but Sigurdsson is better and we already have him. If we sign anyone from Ajax I want Viktor Fischer. The guy has a very very bright future, wouldn't even mind signign him and loaning him back to Ajax or something

Sigurdsson is better than de Jong.

De Jong is a better mover with the ball and a better passer....this is a problem with Sig. When he receives the ball, it kinda gets stuck under his feet and he appears clumsy. Something he needs to improve on

Back