• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

It isn't quite that binary, but of course it is hard to deny the simple fact that if you burn more than you eat you will be on the right side of keeping weight down. However some metabolisms run/burn at a faster rate than others, some metabolisms require more fuel than others. Also facts. Thus why some 'skinny' people eat like horses and do nary a stitch of exercise yet still remain thin. Again, we have to remember that the quality if what they're eating. ay well be leaving them on the wrong side of health.

Me?
Generally-speaking it would appear so as the numbers don't lie (and neither do your clothes). But the real trick to it is to eat healthy food and stay active/exercise.
IMO you need both.
There are certainly variations in rates of change of weight and that's often genetic (although more activity will also increase metabolism).

It's impossible to gain weight by consuming fewer calories than burning though.

Not strictly true my friend.

Having flirted with being a fatty all my life (and, indeed, being a bunter for some of it) I can tell you that I work twice as hard as most for every pound I keep off/convert to muscle. Three orange theory sessions a week, footy once a week and daily 2+ mile walks with the dog, plus a watchful eye on the plate and I am still 'husky' (I will also out-sprint you over 60 yards despite being older than you :D...that I guarantee)! I consider myself pretty fit for 54 TBH.

I think there are definitely many large and fat people who can do a brick-ton more for themselves and their health (and should) albeit there can be all manner of mental health conditions which lead to such things, but equally, there are plenty of people who for metabolic or medical reasons find weight loss incredibly challenging.

Oh, final thing. Some of the laziest unhealthiest and unfittest people I know are 'slim' or 'thin' or 'not fatties'...

Do you take in fewer calories than you burn? It's literally that simple. Having shopped and eaten out in the US, I have to admit that finding tasty, lower calorie food was virtually impossible.

There are some incredibly rare cases of fatties who are that way because of genetics, but those cases are a pinprick in the gelatinous blob that is the overall world of fatties.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...e-people-research-says?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

...and then their bodies go into a 'store' mode (as in holding onto certain calories not rushing to the nearest Waitrose)...it just isn't always as binary...
So they lose weight a little slower.

Let's not forget they got that way through poor life choices.

So they lose weight a little slower.

Let's not forget they got that way through poor life choices.

Now you’re trolling. And here I am, trying to have an honest, civil conversation. How many times does it need saying that only SOMETIMES does your metric count as 100% of the factual situation. Anyway, you’re clearly fishing now, so off you go…

Now you’re trolling. And here I am, trying to have an honest, civil conversation. How many times does it need saying that only SOMETIMES does your metric count as 100% of the factual situation. Anyway, you’re clearly fishing now, so off you go…
My metric is that it's impossible to gain weight by taking in fewer calories than burning.

Not putting on weight is one of the easiest things in the world.

My metric is that it's impossible to gain weight by taking in fewer calories than burning.

Not putting on weight is one of the easiest things in the world.

You’re obviously ignorant than.
A calorie deficit with a diet comprised of certain foods will actually end up with you gaining weight.
Further, you can still gain weight if you’re poorly rested/have poor sleep, have high levels of stress/cortisol,
Increased muscle mass and bone density due to flipping fat for muscle can cause you to weigh more…

…I could go on.

There is little argument that when someone wants to lose weight/stop being a fatty as you like to term it, adjusting diet, eating less and increasing exercise will largely lead to a promised land. However, exceptions apply. Legitimate ones. As stated above.

As you seem to do with others, you view this matter solely through your own very personal prism, thus assuming that your personal experience is the only one which actually counts.

You’re obviously ignorant than.
A calorie deficit with a diet comprised of certain foods will actually end up with you gaining weight.
Further, you can still gain weight if you’re poorly rested/have poor sleep, have high levels of stress/cortisol,
Increased muscle mass and bone density due to flipping fat for muscle can cause you to weigh more…

…I could go on.

There is little argument that when someone wants to lose weight/stop being a fatty as you like to term it, adjusting diet, eating less and increasing exercise will largely lead to a promised land. However, exceptions apply. Legitimate ones. As stated above.

As you seem to do with others, you view this matter solely through your own very personal prism, thus assuming that your personal experience is the only one which actually counts.
Increased muscle mass can only come as a result of exercising which will, in time, result in a greater metabolism and more weight loss.

Whilst technically it's possible for a fatty to gain a lot of muscle and lose a lot of fat without changing weight, I think most people would look at the result and say the person has "lost weight"

(I will also out-sprint you over 60 yards despite being older than you :D...that I guarantee)! I consider myself pretty fit for 54 TBH.

Oh, final thing. Some of the laziest unhealthiest and unfittest people I know are 'slim' or 'thin' or 'not fatties'...

Ethnics do run faster though

:D;)

I know a lot of lazy slim people. I also know a lot of slim people who walk around offices or warehouses really quickly for 5 minutes so everyone thinks their really busy then they do fcuk all for the rest of the day. Because that is what I do.

Ethnics do run faster though

:D;)

I know a lot of lazy slim people. I also know a lot of slim people who walk around offices or warehouses really quickly for 5 minutes so everyone thinks their really busy then they do fcuk all for the rest of the day. Because that is what I do.

I feel personally attacked by this.

There are certainly variations in rates of change of weight and that's often genetic (although more activity will also increase metabolism).

It's impossible to gain weight by consuming fewer calories than burning though.

Not true. Drinking a pint of water adds a pound, fluid retention is a pretty great cause of weight gain. Lots of causes of that.

Drinking fifty pints of beer a weekend like most normal people you only have to retain a fraction of the water to gain weight.

It gets in the gaps.

Not true. Drinking a pint of water adds a pound, fluid retention is a pretty great cause of weight gain. Lots of causes of that.

Drinking fifty pints of beer a weekend like most normal people you only have to retain a fraction of the water to gain weight.

It gets in the gaps.
Temporarily maybe. Whilst retaining less water could technically be considered losing weight, it's not losing fat, which is what people mean when they colloquially talk about losing weight.

Increased muscle mass can only come as a result of exercising which will, in time, result in a greater metabolism and more weight loss.

Whilst technically it's possible for a fatty to gain a lot of muscle and lose a lot of fat without changing weight, I think most people would look at the result and say the person has "lost weight"

I know.
I have made the journey.
You're referring to a greater toning and shape which comes from muscle growth/definition versus fat.
You're again showing that you don't have a full scope view of the issue.

Temporarily maybe. Whilst retaining less water could technically be considered losing weight, it's not losing fat, which is what people mean when they colloquially talk about losing weight.

Hence why there is a lot of ignorance around issues of weight, and further, it isn why many people remain fat despite doing what they 'think' is the right thing for weight loss.
I know you're somewhat doing your usual peanut gallery wiggle and dance here, but there is a whole other dimension to the matter. Said-dimension is only a part of the matter for sure, but it is a part of it for some people.

It's OK if you don't know or get it. You might never have worked with nutritionists as well as trainers. I have. Education is never complete on any issue...

Hence why there is a lot of ignorance around issues of weight, and further, it isn why many people remain fat despite doing what they 'think' is the right thing for weight loss.
I know you're somewhat doing your usual peanut gallery wiggle and dance here, but there is a whole other dimension to the matter. Said-dimension is only a part of the matter for sure, but it is a part of it for some people.

It's OK if you don't know or get it. You might never have worked with nutritionists as well as trainers. I have. Education is never complete on any issue...
There's very little to "get" here. Anyone telling you it's more complex than "Eat healthily and exercise" is trying to make money out of what has become a massive industry because people want to lose weight (fat) without changing their lifestyle.

There's very little to "get" here. Anyone telling you it's more complex than "Eat healthily and exercise" is trying to make money out of what has become a massive industry because people want to lose weight (fat) without changing their lifestyle.

You are ignorant on this matter, that much is very clear. Not that you'll ever be self-aware enough to admit it (BTW Scara, it IS OK to be ignorant of some facts on some issues, not even you can know everything about everything)...

Again, ponder (within the comfort of your bubble) the thin people around you who never get off their arses and have terrible diets. By your metric, they should have tubby-tub-tubbers blubbering off their tummies and arses, with thankles and bingo wings to boot.

p.s. care to share 'The Scara Way' for us all to learn.

Back