• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-56411157

I wonder how much awareness will be raised of this latest tragically monstrous story.
It's in Africa, there's the sensitive Islamic association to it, so I don't expect sustained outcry.

It is sickening but I do wonder if a lot of people just dont want to hear about the bad stuff that goes on in the world. I am beyond lucky that by virtue of the country i was born in that i have had a good life. People born into other countries and it hit home when we visitied Gambia the other year do not get the chances and it is sad, but it also makes me feel guilty.

If you have ever been bored and watched day time tv you will know what i am talking about because those adverts that come on and they are right the is suffering in the world and it is not right but i always switch channels because i dont want to know about it. Do you know what is worse i buy expensive cars and holidays and really if i was a good person i would be making a difference in other parts of the world.

Think the are a lot like me who just dont want to feel guilty.

It is sickening but I do wonder if a lot of people just dont want to hear about the bad stuff that goes on in the world. I am beyond lucky that by virtue of the country i was born in that i have had a good life. People born into other countries and it hit home when we visitied Gambia the other year do not get the chances and it is sad, but it also makes me feel guilty.

If you have ever been bored and watched day time tv you will know what i am talking about because those adverts that come on and they are right the is suffering in the world and it is not right but i always switch channels because i dont want to know about it. Do you know what is worse i buy expensive cars and holidays and really if i was a good person i would be making a difference in other parts of the world.

Think the are a lot like me who just dont want to feel guilty.
Powerlessness as well.
SOme people want to care more, and would like to feel they could effect change but simply do not think they can or do not know how to go about it.

You think Muslims get an easy ride in the media? What parallel universe is that in?
I don’t think he is saying that
I may be wrong but I think he is saying the media tend to be more careful with things like this because of the nature of the people involved
Although having just read up on the death of Kriss Donald after a work conversation I’m not sure what goes on with the media anymore

I may be wrong but I think he is saying the media tend to be more careful with things like this because of the nature of the people involved
Although having just read up on the death of Kriss Donald after a work conversation I’m not sure what goes on with the media anymore

What nature?

They really do not take it easy with terrorists. Where has this happened?
They barely report what is going on with the world. There are many examples that hardly get coverage in the UK media

Syria seems to have stopped now and must be a holiday resort again

myanmar is coming back in the radar but it’s bloody slow and barely the hits a news reader

Sudan and the ongoing issues there

that’s 3 off the top of my head

nothing gets covered because there is more “important” stuff in the uk

@LutonSpurs i get more of my global news form following Simon Reeves than I do with the UK press
We have so many mediums that are either biased or scared. Very soon there will be another channel which to me speak I’ll be another source of one dimensional views
It’s actually dangerous TBH

Im actually getting to the stage where i dont want to hear bad news from anywhere. One of the new uni kids at work asked me if i knew were Maymar was in a sarky i dont expect the guy who only talks football and cross dressing will know way. I said yeah, was called burma when i was a kid why you going on holiday.

They barely report what is going on with the world. There are many examples that hardly get coverage in the UK media

Syria seems to have stopped now and must be a holiday resort again

myanmar is coming back in the radar but it’s bloody slow and barely the hits a news reader

Sudan and the ongoing issues there

that’s 3 off the top of my head

nothing gets covered because there is more “important” stuff in the uk

Dude that is not what Jerusalem said at all.

He is wrong.
The reason we don't read more about the Boku Harem group and other violent behaviors in places such as Mali, Cameroon and Burkina Faso is because they are all in Africa!

Let's face facts.

His suggestion that people are giving it a wide birth because it involves black people and muslim extremists because there might be some "fear" that it would be considered "politically incorrect" is ludicrous IMO.

Incredibly, I DO agree that the fact this is taking place on the African continent is the reason we don't see it (or other crimes those bastards have committed) heavily reported in the west. But not for the reasons Jerusalem appears to be inferring. FWIW, if I have interpreted Jersusalm's sentiments wrongly, I will wholeheartedly apologize.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-56411157

I wonder how much awareness will be raised of this latest tragically monstrous story.
It's in Africa, there's the sensitive Islamic association to it, so I don't expect sustained outcry.

To be fair to the BBC they did do a segment about the atrocities in Mozambique on the evening news last Friday.

Which prompted me to find these links

And I see that Sky plus Al Jazeera have covered this in recent months too but sadly Western public are indifferent to what happens in Africa, so it’s unlikely to become front page news.

Last edited:
It doesn't get as much coverage as it should but to be honest people only read what they want to these days via Twitter etc, how many newspaper or news websites can you access for free anymore. Everything is now behind a paywall so rather than finding news people only get what is pushed to them by their friends on social media.

It doesn't get as much coverage as it should but to be honest people only read what they want to these days via Twitter etc, how many newspaper or news websites can you access for free anymore. Everything is now behind a paywall so rather than finding news people only get what is pushed to them by their friends on social media.
This is probably the biggest problem.

I read the BBC and the Grauniad for my free news with a subscription to the Telegraph. If it's not mentioned on their news sites then I don't know about it.

I came off twitter, think i was addicted and it got too poisonous for me. So much negativity and i 100% think it's why we are where we are across the world. It exacerbates bubbles on both the left and the right and becomes an echo chamber which then reinforces beliefs.

Back