• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

never mind about the right and wrong but i would be embarrassed hitting a child for throwing an egg at me.

Would the lad's age even have registered with him in the split-second that the incident occurred? Had it been a 13 year old you'd probably say yes, but an adult-sized 17 year old blurs the line a little in this regard I'd suggest.

this is true, we may win on a technicality - we may not. either way its pretty low of us to shove our mess on to Bangladesh.

Viewing this single case in isolation, I struggle to disagree with you. Looking at the bigger picture and the signal it would send out to other would-be defectors, I can see a strong case for doing so.

this is true, we may win on a technicality - we may not. either way its pretty low of us to shove our mess on to Bangladesh.
A callous person (not me) might suggest that by delaying and challenging, we've halved the problem at least.

It is a sick world and people have always committed awful atrocities against one another. Fear and hatred drive these actions and I can never see any change in this and as resources diminish things will only get worse .

Would the lad's age even have registered with him in the split-second that the incident occurred? Had it been a 13 year old you'd probably say yes, but an adult-sized 17 year old blurs the line a little in this regard I'd suggest.
I would think so, I've been in a similar situation and laughed at the kid.

Viewing this single case in isolation, I struggle to disagree with you. Looking at the bigger picture and the signal it would send out to other would-be defectors, I can see a strong case for doing so.
The bigger picture is other countries are more likely to do it than us

I would think so, I've been in a similar situation and laughed at the kid.

I'd say you showed admirable restraint in that case. But I maintain that realising, in the split-second after being assaulted from behind, that your adult-sized 17 year old assailant is in fact "a kid" is asking quite a lot.

I'd say you showed admirable restraint in that case. But I maintain that realising, in the split-second after being assaulted from behind, that your adult-sized 17 year old assailant is in fact "a kid" is asking quite a lot.
It wasn't hard, as a general rule I don't hit youngsters

It wasn't hard, as a general rule I don't hit youngsters

But correctly identifying a person as a 'youngster' will become a more difficult judgement to make the closer that person comes to adulthood. I'd hazard a guess that one or two door supervisors/bar staff might have taken this particular 'kid' for an adult before now.

But correctly identifying a person as a 'youngster' will become a more difficult judgement to make the closer that person comes to adulthood. I'd hazard a guess that one or two door supervisors/bar staff might have taken this particular 'kid' for an adult before now.
looking at the video - the time between him seeing the guy and striking him seemed sufficient to me, enough that i will judge him negatively.

looking at the video - the time between him seeing the guy and striking him seemed sufficient to me, enough that i will judge him negatively.

It isn't only a matter of the time though, it's a matter of accurately judging the lad's age which as my previous example was intended to illustrate, won't always be easy even in far more benign circumstances than these.

But I guess we're agreeing to disagree.

Probably a bit off-topic to what this thread is discussing; I feel it's really easy to get lost in the mire of how cruel, unjust, brutal and callous this world can be. Personally, whether it's very close to home or on a global scale, I have emotionally involved myself to such an extent that my mental health has been severely affected.

I've reflected on this today whilst in discussion with a friend. For all the hate, the bad and the brick that occurs around us, the good overcomes all of it 100-fold. We're all just trying to make our way and muddle through the ridiculousness of every day life. The vast majority of us don't want to hurt or harm others, in fact we mostly are happy to be useful and to help others to make their lives more bearable. Reading the last couple of pages, it's great to see people discussing opposing viewpoints with respect. I still have faith in humanity. So thanks you lot.

Probably a bit off-topic to what this thread is discussing; I feel it's really easy to get lost in the mire of how cruel, unjust, brutal and callous this world can be. Personally, whether it's very close to home or on a global scale, I have emotionally involved myself to such an extent that my mental health has been severely affected.

I've reflected on this today whilst in discussion with a friend. For all the hate, the bad and the brick that occurs around us, the good overcomes all of it 100-fold. We're all just trying to make our way and muddle through the ridiculousness of every day life. The vast majority of us don't want to hurt or harm others, in fact we mostly are happy to be useful and to help others to make their lives more bearable. Reading the last couple of pages, it's great to see people discussing opposing viewpoints with respect. I still have faith in humanity. So thanks you lot.
Fuvk off.

;)

Back