• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Should Harry Kane be our new Captain?

Robspur12

John Lacy
I have been thinking this for a while so not just knee jerk. I know he is young but he leads from the front, is able to pick the game up by the scruff of the neck and really drives the team on, a player we have been crying out for for years and appears well liked by other players - see yesterday when the subs were celebrating with him? He is also a Tottenham boy through and through and in that respect, the natural successor to Ledley King.

Last edited:
No, I would make Verts the captain but either way, all good teams have a few leaders on teh pitch so would be good if we have Lloris, Verts, Kane and hopefully one or two others emerging with captaincy like tendancies

No!!

Why give him this extra weight around his neck at this time? Let him keep improving, learning and enjoying his football godammit

Nope - id leave it with Hugo...

Kane has been superb all season but will need to show it for an extended period of time and if he is a first choice striker for us in the long term then he could be vice captain.

It's not a thing to burden a very young player or a CF with.

Lloris - captain
Verts - vice-captain
Fazio - vice-vice-captain
Bentaleb, Mason, Kane - possible future captains

One step at a time, lets not dump even more pressure on the young lad. It should stay with Lloris/Verts but that's not to say one day if he maintains this consistency and continues to improve Kane could'nt take the arm band in 3 or 4 years. Of course he'll probably be playing in Madrid by then. ;)

Spot on glorygloryeze and GB, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Kane is still very young and inexperienced. Chances are he'll come across some serious inconsistency and drops in form. When that happens the more experienced players should be focused on helping him, not the other way around.

The leadership ability Kane does have, the fact that he helps pull others along to perform better both by his play and by his magnificent work rate is there with our without an extra band of fabric around his arm. If rumours are to be believed Kane was one of those willing to stand up to first team players he didn't feel were working hard enough for the club earlier this season and Poch backed him. We're getting that without him being captain, no rush to actually hand him the captaincy and pile on the pressure and responsibility on his still very young shoulders.

Nope. Lloris is the best player in the squad, has more experience and captains his own country. Pretty ridiculous that he wasn't made captain to start the season.

Thank GHod everyone shot this down. I was shaking my head as I stated reading and feared everyone thinking it would be a great thing to do. Ridiculous idea for me.

The only thing about Lloris as captain is that he is not that vocal.

Does him being captain prevent others from being vocal? Is it only the captain that can lead?

Giving someone the captaincy is mostly a token gesture anyway.

Back