• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

sherwood vs redknapp

metalgear

Nayim
i find little between the two:

- media darlings
- gameplan is to outscore the opponent
- no idea about defending as a team
- seems like player selection is all that is needed, players need to "step up" and individual commitment more important than coach tactics and strategy
- white-knuckled finish every game
- a couple of "undroppables"
- pro English coach and players

- media darlings
- seems like player selection is all that is needed, players need to "step up" and individual commitment more important than coach tactics and strategy

Agree. The biggest (negative) thing which TS has learned from Harry is using the media to get his own propaganda across and using the media against the club/Levy. Couldn't stand it with Harry and even worse with YTS Tim

Eh. For all his failings (and there were quite a few), Redknapp's sides were actually very decent defensively. It's one of the benefits of having a deep line and driving at the opposition with pace, which was basically our game-plan for three years. Oh, and having first the King and then an inspired Kaboul leading the back-line.

Sherwood's forced to play ad-hoc because he needs results. There's no time to implement any real game-plan (beyond specific moves to stop the opposition, I mean) because doing so would leave us open to faltering as we learn the new style, which would leave Tim out of a job. He'll probably get booted anyway come the summer, but I can understand why he's playing for results at the moment, which leads to our somewhat chaotic tactical setup at present.

- media darlings

Sounds like a plan.

To be honest, I thought Redknapp was a bit of a scumbag as a person and he screwed us over big time in his final season.

However, the constant insulting of him on this board and much worse, the constant putting down of a manager who gave us our most consistent league finishes in decades, as well as our only run in the CL that most of us can remember, really quite disrespectful. Especially as he's been gone for a while now.

And in his 1st full season, we defended very well as a team on multiple occasions actually. I remember us being the old English team to beat Chelsea while Hiddink was there for example. And doing so with a clean sheet too.

- media darlings

:-k

To be honest, I thought Redknapp was a bit of a scumbag as a person and he screwed us over big time in his final season.

However, the constant insulting of him on this board and much worse, the constant putting down of a manager who gave us our most consistent league finishes in decades, as well as our only run in the CL that most of us can remember, really quite disrespectful. Especially as he's been gone for a while now.

I agree, it's pathetic....

Think it is a more to do with not fitting the ideals of what some board members think the coach should look/behave/talk like. Not sure it is inverted racism more that some people want to believe in the "super" coach.

So that person has to be youngish/suited/eloquent/foreign. Frankly the way some went on about AVB the was more then a hint of homo eroticism in it.

If Sherwood wants to win over the fans he has to grow out his stubble into a beard and talk in a husky voice instead of in the "chav" accent he has now and he will soon be regarded as the second coming who fans want to receive a second cuming from.

However, the constant insulting of him on this board and much worse, the constant putting down of a manager who gave us our most consistent league finishes in decades, as well as our only run in the CL that most of us can remember, really quite disrespectful . Especially as he's been gone for a while now.

Chimbonda.

If Sherwood gets us playing anywhere near the kind of football we played under Redknapp and gets us TWO top 4 finishes then we'd be ****ing idiots to get rid of him. I fully understand Redknapp dropped a massive gonad* during the final season but our fans really are the worst bunch of spoilt ****ing brats I've ever come across. People are acting like we should have been winning the league under him. We finished 4th when we should have finished 3rd, get the **** over it.

I agree. However, he f***ked the job with his England ambitions. SAD

- media darlings

Didn't we have the best defensive home record in the league during Redknapp's first two seasons?

- media darlings

- media darlings

Redknapp plays the media game very well. Its all about keeping the journalists on-side by giving them stupid sound-bites so that they write positively about him and the club. Redknapp probably went too far and his constant window-down interviews at the training ground were annoying. It was all a bit self-serving with Redknapp, but every top manager does this to an extent. Mourinho comes out with some ridiculous statements in the media, but the press love him for it.

Sherwood is inexperienced in this area, and doesn't say intelligent, thought-out soundbites (yes, that's right, Redknapp's sound-bites were intelligent and well thought-out). Sherwood often just rants incoherently.

Gameplan is to outscore the opponent - Hahahaha, isn't that EVERY football manager's gameplan? I hope we don't employ anyone at Spurs that has a different gameplan!

No idea about defending as a team - we defended as a team very well under Redknapp. The only times we didn't were often when we were screwed injury/selection wise (such as having to play Livermore and Kranjcar in midfield v. Emirates Marketing Project at home). We were very well set-up most games, he never got tactically outsmarted against the top clubs and for the most part we gave them a really good game.

White knucked finish every game - And wasn't it the most enjoyable time in your watching of Spurs in the modern era?

A couple of undroppables - which every manager has!!!

Pro English coach and players.

Hmmm you've really excelled yourself here. Redknapp's signings:

Palacios - not English
Keane - not English
Defoe - English (1/2)
Kranjcar - not English
Crouch - English (2/3)
Naughton - English (3/3)
Walker - English (4/3)
Gudjohnsen - not English
Pletikosa - not English
Van der Vaart - not English
Gallas - not English
Freidel - not English
Pienaar - not English
Parker - English (5/9)
Adebayor - not English
Saha - not English
Neilson - not English

So ratio of 5 Englishmen to 12 foreigners for the pro-English Redknapp there!

**** Spurs just won, we need something else to beat TS over the head with, I know lets compare him with our most successful manager of the PL era!

Back