• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

sharm el sheikh

Going there next month any recomnedations?

Yeah go to the Sierra Resort or you can always go to the Savoy. Theyre kinda joined up within Soho Square. My friends dad has built that area up no end - owns the entire square etc. I havent been in about four years though but always went to the Sierra as its a younger crowd thann the Savoy but the Savoy is much more luxurious and geared towards older people. Its all inclusive so all food and drink is built into the price and it is high quality food.

The square is about 20 mins away from the main hub in Na'ma Bay but Soho square is basically the new Na'ama bay and is always expanding... The guy is just reinventing that area massively.

Buy a face mask and get in the sea.

Horse riding in the desert.

Some nice food in a Lebanese place - upstairs balcony in white square 'shopping mal' overlooking the main strip.

Buy a fake watch.

Possibly party at the Hard Rock and pull a Russian bird.

Too hungover to provide more detail. Been at lest 4 times. Feel free to ask anything.

Oh and learn some Arabic. Just counting to 5, and Hello and they will think you work out there...better prices etc.

Last edited:
Yeah go to the Sierra Resort or you can always go to the Savoy. Theyre kinda joined up within Soho Square. My friends dad has built that area up no end - owns the entire square etc. I havent been in about four years though but always went to the Sierra as its a younger crowd thann the Savoy but the Savoy is much more luxurious and geared towards older people. Its all inclusive so all food and drink is built into the price and it is high quality food.

The square is about 20 mins away from the main hub in Na'ma Bay but Soho square is basically the new Na'ama bay and is always expanding... The guy is just reinventing that area massively.

Savoy and Soho Square was a big rival of the hotel I worked for, they killed us with the introduction of Soho Square and the variety of outlets.

If you want quiet relaxed holiday I would suggest one of the Ritz Carlton, Hyatt, Grand Rotana, Savoy. If you want something abit more lively as DHFS mentions you cant go wrong with the Sierra.

If you like diving I would recommend the Camel Dive Centre, get down there for a beer in Naama Bay and chat (great venue for the football not that you go away to watch the football but still), very western crowd and very cool with it, never had a problem with them and always had the best of everything which is good when diving and with safety.

For me Sharm has always been a flop and drop destination, enjoy the weather, avoid the ice and get some sea life and your good to go

Im massively jealous! The best thing is underwater in the sea with a face mask. Its a whole new world of rainbow coloured fish, coral, turtles....and the odd shark. Mostly small harmless sharks that are 2 feet long - but they still scare you sh1tless. You dont have to do a whole diving course with an aqua lung, you can simply get a mask and flippers on. If you do do the whole Paddy diving course, shop around, and get them to take you off on a boat to a dive.

There is a gorgeous little stables outside sharm - easy to find it on trip advisor. They will send a driver to your hotel, and the whole thing doesn't cost much. Riding through the desert and along the deserted beach...proper Lawrence of Arabia sht. The horses are well behaved, impeccably trained so they move with the gentlest touch of the reins from one side or the other. Its owned by a Dutch or German lady.

There is one phrase that will take you far: "bocra fill mish mish" or just "fill mish mish". It literally means Tomorrow I'm picking Apricots and its the equivalent to saying '..and pigs might fly'. So when a taxi driver asks too much, your negotiating a price for something etc. When they hear Fill Mish Mish (picking apricots) they will be amazed and in stitches....and you'll get the price down!

Thanks for all the advice guys definately want to do some snorkelling, although the sharks even small ones do sound a little daunting... I don't scare that easy, but sharks are an exception.

Back