• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Shane Long

Onomah has not shown he is ready for anything more than the League Cup, and even Clinton so far, has only shown me he has pace, nothing else. In the CL or going for the title we can do with better be it Berahino or someone else

So Shane Long will not get a lot better from getting extra game time, you talk as if I have been saying he would. I don't want him, never have so while respond to me with that comment :)

I keep coming back to this. Player development and trusting young players is what we've done so far. It's brought us here, let's not stop doing that.

Our team is full of players that hadn't shown that they were ready for anything more than the League Cup. But Pochettino trusted and developed those players. He seems to rate Onomah at least, making sure that he gets game time should be a priority.

I'm also not too happy with looking at one season and seeing what a player has done "so far" and perhaps look to replace them or bring in "better players". Seems to be the kind of strategy that leads to a lot of changes without a real upgrade in quality (see Emirates Marketing Project). We expect players to improve as they settle in to the team and the league, it will sometimes take time. That means not looking for a replacement after a season. Again we have quite a few players in our team that people would be happy to see the back of after a season or two who have since stepped it up.

I'm glad we agree on Shane Long :)

I keep coming back to this. Player development and trusting young players is what we've done so far. It's brought us here, let's not stop doing that.

Our team is full of players that hadn't shown that they were ready for anything more than the League Cup. But Pochettino trusted and developed those players. He seems to rate Onomah at least, making sure that he gets game time should be a priority.

I'm also not too happy with looking at one season and seeing what a player has done "so far" and perhaps look to replace them or bring in "better players". Seems to be the kind of strategy that leads to a lot of changes without a real upgrade in quality (see Emirates Marketing Project). We expect players to improve as they settle in to the team and the league, it will sometimes take time. That means not looking for a replacement after a season. Again we have quite a few players in our team that people would be happy to see the back of after a season or two who have since stepped it up.

I'm glad we agree on Shane Long :)
Agree, but we don't have any young promising strikers trying to break through at the moment. So the theory wouldn't apply in Long's case. That being said, I think he might be one of two strikers that we would be bringing in, not the only one, the other being of Batshuyai quality and age.

I'm also not too happy with looking at one season and seeing what a player has done "so far" and perhaps look to replace them or bring in "better players".

Another thing we agree on which is why I am irritated with people who want us to sell Bentaleb based on an injury hit season and convenently forget how well he played the season before last as a mere teenager

Agree, but we don't have any young promising strikers trying to break through at the moment. So the theory wouldn't apply in Long's case. That being said, I think he might be one of two strikers that we would be bringing in, not the only one, the other being of Batshuyai quality and age.

Could be that we're looking to bring in two strikers. I will not be surprised if we bring in just one though. And I don't think Long will get much game time as a striker if we bring in him and someone expensive like Batshuyai.

Back