• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Shane Long

Radio interview with the Irish journo that started this story

https://www.newstalk.com/reader/47.302/63260/0/

I cant see him choosing to come here over Liverpool and be just backup to Kane in the months before the only International Tournament he'll likely ever play in. I don't think he wants to play out wide again. Liverpool will likely offer a bigger wage too.
He can easily be Liverpool's first choice striker for the rest of the season.

He suits either manager's style. Very quick and very good at pressing from the front.
The other thing is I cant see Southampton selling to Levy.

Why would we want to sign a striker that doesn't score and until the last few weeks the fans of his current club were desperate to get rid of? They'd still happily sell him as long they got a decent fee.

I actually wouldn't mind him: I've always liked him, chases lost causes ferociously and never gives up. Bit limited technically, but a very hard worker. Sort of like an inferior, striker version of Holtby.

He's very underrated by Saints fans, I'm telling you he would be a star for us but unfortunately would be treated like a gimp if he did come. Walters could do a great job as well
I actually think Walters would be a great back up for us
Hard working, physical presence, can lead the line and drift wide and...........his shooting for 16 yards plus is outstanding, and that is where we take most of our shots from.
He is about as close to a poor man's Kane as there is

Need a CF in Jan of any quality. My money is on Lambert turning up in the last 48 hours of the window

Back