• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

So many lazy, mercenary qunts in this City team. It's gonna be up to us to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the last day...

The irony of going from "So many lazy, mercenary clams in this City team" to 'Well I guess that means our lot are actually going to have to do their own work' :p

We now cannot be overtaken by 17 clubs.

Alphabetically, latest highlighted :-

Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Everton
Liverpool
Emirates Marketing Project
Manchester United
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Norwich City
Southampton
Stoke City
Sunderland
Swansea City
Watford
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
So, Woolwich must win at their current travellers' site against Villa if we lose.

They must win by 13 or 14 clear goals if we draw.

We must win for our dignity, but drawing and giggling when they win 12 nil would be novel.

Zero confidence we can get a result at Saudi Sportswashing Machine if we need to. The guys crawled up their own arse today, which was out of whack with the rest of the season but it happened. I desperately hope it was just an off day.

We need a Sunderland to do us a favour. Not holding my breath though.

Last edited:
So I guess we all know that Sunderland will fudge it up on Wednesday now

Guaranteed. Everton will thump them 5-0 after spending the entire season looking like an elaborate parody staged by the Marx Brothers, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will show up scenting blood against our tired, switched-off side.

Sigh. This week will be a nightmare.

Let's get our Sunderland shirts out for midweek. Maybe Defoe can help us out. Then Saudi Sportswashing Machine wont have anything to play for at the weekend. We can't let those Geordie's do the double over us. Surely.
Nothing to play for? They'll play their shirts off to ensure we don't finish ahead of our camp neighbors. Every team seem to have something to play for against us...

my mobile phone is to blme four evey spellnn oh fudge it

Nothing to play for? They'll play their shirts off to ensure we don't finish ahead of our camp neighbors. Every team seem to have something to play for against us...

my mobile phone is to blme four evey spellnn oh fudge it

Ashley's a Spurs fan, though. Surely even he won't be that determined to watch us Spurs it all up? :p

We now cannot be overtaken by 17 clubs.

Alphabetically, latest highlighted :-

Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Everton
Liverpool
Emirates Marketing Project
Manchester United
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Norwich City
Southampton
Stoke City
Sunderland
Swansea City
Watford
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
So, Woolwich must win at their current travellers' site against Villa if we lose.

They must win by 13 or 14 clear goals if we draw.

We must win for our dignity, but drawing and giggling when they win 12 nil would be novel.

We better win then!

Ian Wright has more confidence in Spurs next week than I do thats for sure. He thinks we will win.

We should be good enough to get a draw with Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Although we didnt at home, how costly was that stoppage time winner now? If Saudi Sportswashing Machine are still in with a shout of staying up, bizarrely may even suit us better.
A Newacstle praying for pride might be worse as opposed to one desperate to win.

Oh the irony though. Our record pts total 72 and finished 5th. As it stands we could get 71pts and finish 2nd...

Ian Wright has more confidence in Spurs next week than I do thats for sure. He thinks we will win.

We should be good enough to get a draw with Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Although we didnt at home, how costly was that stoppage time winner now? If Saudi Sportswashing Machine are still in with a shout of staying up, bizarrely may even suit us better.
A Newacstle praying for pride might be worse as opposed to one desperate to win.

Oh the irony though. Our record pts total 72 and finished 5th. As it stands we could get 71pts and finish 2nd...
71pts was enough for the Chavs to finish as runners up in 2011... Whilst our current tally of 70pts would've been enough for 2nd spot in 2001 (Goons) and 1997 (Saudi Sportswashing Machine)... It's a funny old game!

The day after, and its always better to reflect then.

As disappointing as yesterday was, time to step back and look at the bigger picture. I have posted many times in this thread about how I have looked back rather than forward (rightly or wrongly)
April always frightened me, but we did a touch better than expected.

My target/prediction going into the last day, was always 70pts and secured. Although i had the 70 achieved slightly differently.
Had us down for 1pt v United and Stoke and none at Chelsea or Liverpool So gained 6 there. But had us for 3pts v WBA and Soton so lost 6

But did have us to be lying 4th behind Arsnenal and City going to SJP

If you had offered me the chance to draw at Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the last day to finish 2nd

Points totals mean nothing. Final league position is everything. I would rather win the league with 70 points than finish runners up with 85!

of course - but if someone told you at the beginning of the season you could have 85 points or 70, what would you take?

where you finish in the table is down to how other teams perform in relation to how you have, the more points you get the better 38 games you have had, so it's a decent yard stick to measure personal improvement.

however i do think with the rise in TV money and the improvement of the middling teams the average points totals at the top of the league is going to fall - though time will tell on that one but i don't think the top 4 will run away with the league as they have done in the past

of course - but if someone told you at the beginning of the season you could have 85 points or 70, what would you take?

where you finish in the table is down to how other teams perform in relation to how you have, the more points you get the better 38 games you have had, so it's a decent yard stick to measure personal improvement.

however i do think with the rise in TV money and the improvement of the middling teams the average points totals at the top of the league is going to fall - though time will tell on that one but i don't think the top 4 will run away with the league as they have done in the past

Of course the more points you get, the likelier you are to gain a good league finish, but I disagree that looking at your points total is a decent yard stick to measure against. Final league position is the one and only yardstick that concerns me. We have gone from the 5th/6th best team in the league for the past 3 seasons to the 2nd/3rd best team in the league this season.

Back