• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

I must say, and nothing to do with how he cost us today - I’ve always thought he looks pretty average to me, I don’t see the big deal about him. He gets up and down well and isn’t a bad defender but don’t think he is particularly great in either defence or attack. He just looks ‘meh’ to me. I don’t know if we could get better or not, but would exactly be devestated if Madrid came back in for him….

Definitely an upgrade on Davies, just what we need. Needs better ahead of him and I think Dier makes everyone around him nervous lol.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Too many mistakes, not good enough for a top 4 left back spot. Nice guy with a great attitude but I really do hope Real activate that buy back clause.

This isn't knee jerk as you will know I've mentioned he's a weak link before. Will get shot down but we have been Terrible defensively down the left side since he joined.

I have been critical of him since preseason. He isn't the strongest in defense. But we can't blame him for today's loss. We should have (could have) scored 3-2 goals ourself. And Reggie on another day could have had 2 assists with Kane and Ndombele heading into the net rather than at the keeper. He has been playing better over the last few games, and we have to stick with him.

I'd like to see Sessengon rotated with him at LB, as longer-term I think Sessengon could become a Walker-like fullback. But there is no doubting Reguilon's crossing. He can pick out a player. Just a little weak in defense at times, and doesn't have a potent shot (unlike Sess who does).

Too many mistakes, not good enough for a top 4 left back spot. Nice guy with a great attitude but I really do hope Real activate that buy back clause.

This isn't knee jerk as you will know I've mentioned he's a weak link before. Will get shot down but we have been Terrible defensively down the left side since he joined.
I don't agree with you in general. But pretty none of the rest of the squad are top 4 quality either so seems a strange pint to stick on re Reggie unless you genuinely feel he is a weak link in the starting which definitely disagree with.

I like Reguilon a lot, and think he has done well overall. But yesterday was a big fat zero. I mean, attempting the dink-and-pass or whatever it's called in defense. Without momentum. Without cover. It's so blindingly stupid that my limited English fails to find a word for it. It's like trying to heel kick a 95th minute lucky penalty in a CL final when you're 1-0 down. It's really that mind numbingly brainless. I have numerous witnesses who can confirm that I said that they would score from the corner, as the football gods would not let such ignorance go unpunished. After that incident, poor Reggie couldn't put a foot right and was deservedly subbed. I hope he can bounce back from this, the thought of Davies as the flank outlet again sends a shiver down my spine.

But the loss itself is just as much on no-pass Son and no-pass Kane. I actually thought we played reasonably well, at least in the first half. We just didn't where it counted.

It the risk of sounding like a broken record, if reggie was subbed and dropped for one mistake and his reaction to that, why is Kane still getting a game?
What are you doing nuno?

Back