• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

The difference is he commits to attacks like Aurier used too but with better passing
And Aurier offer the cover on the right
When it flips the other way Reggie has the recovery pace to do the defensive side
Said it in the match thread but the extra balance these two bring is a BIG change at both ends of the pitch
At one pints around 65 minutes we had a counter attack and Reggie started it and ended up in the area. We messed the passing up so they hit it forward and Aurier had ran back from the middle of their half ti be our last man. He wasn’t needed but he was there to cover. That’s what you want from your FBs every game
It gives the CBS cover wide, it gives the attacks support wide, so we can overload

I always find it hard to remove bias from these sort of questions but looking at other top half teams, I wouldn't swap him for anyone and he's not finished developing yet, or fully adapting to the EPL.

I have to agree, just turned 24 and not that many games in England. Lets hope he can stay fit because he is dynamite.

So, are we going to hang onto this guy beyond this season? There's a buy-back option. Can Spurs resist this?
We can’t resist it if they want to activate it
But theh have a number of left backs already including the managers son... coming through as well as Fernand Mendy who they paid a future for and Marcelo
And they also are skint so will focus their money on other areas
He would also have to want to go back there which from everything I’ve read is not likely

But theh have a number of left backs already including the managers son... coming through as well as Fernand Mendy who they paid a future for and Marcelo
He would also have to want to go back there which from everything I’ve read is not likely
Hoping for the them being skint factor to be decisive.

Reguilon is just fantastic and hopefully he'll stick around to get even better.

The last point is the relevant one that everyone misses

- Reguilon is the one who makes the decision if he goes back, not Madrid

And since I used to live there, let me share a little light

- Zidane is not a fan
- Bale is his idol/hero, he wants to be Bale
- Despite Marcelo clearly declining, there was no chance for him
- The guy got shipped out, had a brilliant loan and still no chance (see Zidane comment)

So you have got a guy who has been clearly not treated well, seen his idol growing up in the system treated like brick, come across to Spurs, he is loved, his idol is loved, he's first team starter when fit and will likely keep his national team spot. If he's good enough in two years that Madrid want him back, he could pick any club he wants .. and I don't think it will be Madrid

If Madrid want him back he's going, don't fool yourself guys - making it at Real or Barca is the dream of almost every Spanish (or Latino) footballer.

Fwiw i don't think they'll be in for him so not really an issue to worry about.

Last edited:
The last point is the relevant one that everyone misses

- Reguilon is the one who makes the decision if he goes back, not Madrid

And since I used to live there, let me share a little light

- Zidane is not a fan
- Bale is his idol/hero, he wants to be Bale
- Despite Marcelo clearly declining, there was no chance for him
- The guy got shipped out, had a brilliant loan and still no chance (see Zidane comment)

So you have got a guy who has been clearly not treated well, seen his idol growing up in the system treated like brick, come across to Spurs, he is loved, his idol is loved, he's first team starter when fit and will likely keep his national team spot. If he's good enough in two years that Madrid want him back, he could pick any club he wants .. and I don't think it will be Madrid
If Zidane leaves and we don't carry on borrowing Bale...

If Madrid want him back he's going, don't fool yourself guys - making it at Real or Barca is the dream of almost every Spanish (or Latino) footballer.

Fwiw i don't think they'll be in for him so not really an issue to worry about.
I agree. Perhaps if we were flying really high at the moment, but when then I doubt it.

The person that hasn't rated him at Real is Zidane, if he's gone then so goes most of the conflicted history with the club I'm guessing.

Hoping for Real to be sensible and focus their money on other areas or just do the Real thing and spend their money on superstars is our best hope imo.

I agree. Perhaps if we were flying really high at the moment, but when then I doubt it.

The person that hasn't rated him at Real is Zidane, if he's gone then so goes most of the conflicted history with the club I'm guessing.

Hoping for Real to be sensible and focus their money on other areas or just do the Real thing and spend their money on superstars is our best hope imo.
As I’ve said loads... the club have already brought into the squad 3 other young left backs and have two first team ones there currently.
they put the buy backs in a lot of deals but they generally activate them to sell them on again.

Back