• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

Little bump for Reggie - adjusting to a slightly different role today which can be difficult to aside to positionalIy I thought he showed a couple of real quality moments on the ball today.
3-4-3 suits our squad more IMO and really suits him
I doubt we will carry on with it as managers have “their” systems but to me it works well. We also have RBs that it suits better too

3-4-3 suits our squad more IMO and really suits him
I doubt we will carry on with it as managers have “their” systems but to me it works well. We also have RBs that it suits better too
Posted some thoughts on this in tactics thread. I liked the shape today but it may have been influenced by the fact that we didn’t start at least one of the players I think are detrimental to possession and therefore cause us to have to defend more and lack fluidity when more than a couple of passes are required.

A couple of times yesterday he "did a Bale" i.e. he was left back, won the ball, accelerated past his man, then roaring through and beating others with pace and trying a 1-2 to burst into the box and finish it.

He didn't quite get the final moment of each move, but it was incredible to see him dominate the game like that, just grabbing the ball and sprinting the whole length of the pitch like Bale did in his pomp.

Yes, very good player and a real find. Will be interesting to see what we do next season - Sessegnon comes back and is kind of like for like with Regi, though less experienced. Will we keep both and Davies, even if Davies will at times play CB? Do we loan out Sess again?

Hopefully Real will still be broke when their option to buy Reguilon back expires and/or have higher priority areas for whatever cash they do have

Yes, very good player and a real find. Will be interesting to see what we do next season - Sessegnon comes back and is kind of like for like with Regi, though less experienced. Will we keep both and Davies, even if Davies will at times play CB? Do we loan out Sess again?

Hopefully Real will still be broke when their option to buy Reguilon back expires and/or have higher priority areas for whatever cash they do have

You'd think Sess coming back and being a like for like back up makes sense, especially considering the HG quota. 2 birds...

You'd think Sess coming back and being a like for like back up makes sense, especially considering the HG quota. 2 birds...

Yes, the HG thing I agree is helpful - another reason why skipp coming back is helpful. In terms of LBs though, I'm not sure I see Jose being happy with two inexperienced LBs. Wonder whether he'll look to loan out Sess again, perhaps to a PL team

Well, that'll help young Sess's confidence too. Nudge nudge wink wink and all that.

Seriously though, what will we do with them? If Sessegnon gets anywhere near the potential he showed for Fulham, we'll have two excellent young left sided players...who I can't see being on the pitch at the same time. Neither has the game for LCB in a back three...and we don't play with true wingers.

Will Sess develop into a left-sided attacking mid? Or, more likely, will he just slot into Reguilon's place when a Zidane-free Madrid come calling?

Last edited:
Well, that'll help young Sess's confidence too. Nudge nudge wink wink and all that.

Seriously though, what will we do with them? If Sessegnon gets anywhere near the potential he showed for Fulham, we'll have two excellent young left sided players...whom I can't see being on the pitch at the same time. Neither has the game for LCB in a back three...and we don't play with true wingers.

Will Sess develop into a left-sided attacking mid? Or, more likely, will he just slot into Reguilon's place when a Zidane-free Madrid come calling?
There's plenty of games and with rotation, both should start a minimum of 20 games which for Sess would be good at 20 years old.

Seriously though, what will we do with them? If Sessegnon gets anywhere near the potential he showed for Fulham, we'll have two excellent young left sided players...whom I can't see being on the pitch at the same time. Neither has the game for LCB in a back three...and we don't play with true wingers.

Could end up with Sess playing on the left side of the 3 attackers with Son on the right and Reggie at LB.

Mourinho tends to exaggerate about how long players are out for. Let's hope it's that.

ITK Wazzbag said:
Sergio Reguilón is set to miss the next three weeks after suffering a muscle injury.
I said this after the last game he played; he was trying to be peak Bale, our left back and midfield and winger and striker, sprinting 80 yards forwards and 80 yards back and 80 yards forward again. That sort of stress to the body is inadvisable during a fixture crunch.

Unless he went under the tractor on his sledge.

I said this after the last game he played; he was trying to be peak Bale, our left back and midfield and winger and striker, sprinting 80 yards forwards and 80 yards back and 80 yards forward again. That sort of stress to the body is inadvisable during a fixture crunch.

Unless he went under the tractor on his sledge.

There is a fixture crunch, but he hasn't played every game. To me his stamina and work rate is a massive asset that I wouldn't want him to stop using. These things happen. If it keeps happening again and again it would be a different story imo.

It's actually shocking how much we missed him yesterday. The 5-2-3 can work when you at least have Reggie genuinely moving between the midfield and attack. He would have been another out ball as well as passing option.

When instead you have Doherty who isnt especially quick, doesn't dribble or beat a man and is playing on the wrong side well....it's just setup to fail.

Back