• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

If we're comparing LBs the defensive aspect is pretty important as there is less cover available in that area of the pitch.

I respect your opinion and I'm not trying to make a case that Davies is a better attacking presence. Respectfully though, please don't tell me what's relevant / irrelevant as I'm quite aware. Any context or addition information is never going to counter "Player runs really fast" so evidently it's just going to be swept aside anyway. I haven't disagreed with anything on here apart from your assertion that Davies is poor offensively. Whatever you write on here is not going to make me forget the part he has played now a shiny toy has turned up.

Even if it may not seem so from my posting of late I am in to positivity as an idea but find it a bit funny when we're voting our LB MOTM despite him being the textbook definition of culpable for the goal. This is may be systemic of the ridiculous scorelines we had when Jose got here, it's like every other game was a 3 - 2 and it's a rollercoaster of a game but it's not a defensive masterclass by any stretch.
To be honest my opinion of Davies attacking play isn't borne out of buying a new LB, I've always thought it was a weak area of his game.

He used to be a fantastic defensive LB with some good offensive supporting characteristics although Rose like I said in my edit was always the more dynamic and threatening player.

Where we differ is I guess what we consider "good," I'll admit I have high standards for Spurs but I'll never change. [emoji38]

Even if it may not seem so from my posting of late I am in to positivity as an idea but find it a bit funny when we're voting our LB MOTM despite him being the textbook definition of culpable for the goal. This is may be systemic of the ridiculous scorelines we had when Jose got here, it's like every other game was a 3 - 2 and it's a rollercoaster of a game but it's not a defensive masterclass by any stretch.

That is just a recent trend, new players only have to put in a half decent performance (not saying that was all Reguilon did) and they get MOTM, KWP comes to mind (a few others if I think hard enough)

The truth is that they are both completely different players and trying to compere them against/with each other is wrong IMO, both have their use depending on which way we play.

I dont disagree and its not a slight on Davies, end of the day you need a squad.

I just think you can see with Sergio that he has a certain dynamic that top players have TBH, when he got into the final third the game almost seemed to slow down and he picked right ball every time rather than just trying to whip it in and hope.

Despite his sliding in he looked like he can defend too.

I dont disagree and its not a slight on Davies, end of the day you need a squad.

I just think you can see with Sergio that he has a certain dynamic that top players have TBH

He as you say is more dynamic for sure and on top of that he looks like he will become a star for us.

As for Davies well he is a steady player but he does most things well and as a bonus he can play CB as well, i think he has taken some unfair stick from some over the ears because he does not stand out as a player but managers value the type of player who can do the job without fuss.

Well done to Reguilon for his assist against Chelsea but he was partly at fault for their goal. It shows he needs to concentrate more on his defending.

Didn’t even play that well, but he changes the whole dynamic of our side, we are so much more balanced a d less predictable

Yes he does and his energy/ pace is priceless, once he has settled in here more i really believe he is going to be a top class player for us.

Didn’t even play that well, but he changes the whole dynamic of our side, we are so much more balanced a d less predictable

His pace (either in recovery or attack), and his close control is obscene .. there is a player here

Not a bad debut match to have in the PL

Last edited:
Still pinching myself at our transfer window! A left-back wasn't a Spurs priority we're told, but once available, we had to sign Reguilon. And thank goodness for our pragmatism. Maybe it's unfair, but Davies' abject performance against Everton was it, possibly helped seal the deal.

We have so much more balance with Reguilon. We're less predictable. Have some extra pace in the side, and he is skilled. I know it was posted by our Danish brother on page 4 or whatever, but posting again with 'bonus' renditions (PSG one is quite good too), because it indicates how well Reguilon is setteling in with the squad. Looks a happy bunny.

Also interesting to compare the different environments. Spurs own open training restaurant/kitchen looks the most comfortable of the 3?

I think this deal proved that Levy will spend if the right player is available. £26m for a left back, that deal also seemed fairly easy to get completed without all the trials of the attempted Skriniar transfer. I think this move shows Levy wants the best for the club but is selective in transfers, waiting for the right opportunity, rather than just throwing money about.

I think this deal proved that Levy will spend if the right player is available. £26m for a left back, that deal also seemed fairly easy to get completed without all the trials of the attempted Skriniar transfer. I think this move shows Levy wants the best for the club but is selective in transfers, waiting for the right opportunity, rather than just throwing money about.
Agree fully.

Surprised me that Levy agreed to a deal with a buy back clause in it. Perhaps the financial situation combined with the many needs in the squad forced his hand. Perhaps Reguilon was just rated too highly to turn down. Or maybe Mourinho convinced him.

Hope Zidane is successful at Real so we get to keep him around.

Back