• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

The end.

4wi3r7ds3a141.jpg
Seems like some of the posters in this thread didn't read this post

To be honest you’ve just clearly got your pre conceived ideas about him and going to brand him a ‘dingdong’ regardless. And I’d love to know how many times you’ve done the experiment of playing football,having spit in your mouth and having someone jump on you and seeing where it ended up....

Of course I conceived ideas about him. I watched him play for the last few years.

I couldn't gave a fudge if he spat. I wasnt there.

It's ridiculous people are going out of their way to deny it because he's had two decent games. Just like City fans defending the clams that own the club. Or Liverpool fans backing Suarez. If an Arsenal player did this at whl no one here would be defending him.

Glad he's put in a couple of good performances, I don't think he's been great, but if he can get some consistency at this level and perhaps even push on from that it would be very good for us.

If Mourinho can get him to perform fairly consistently it will be a very good achievement. Next couple of months will be telling.

Personally I think it’s likely he was spitting in the direction of the fans, out of anger / disrespect / frustration. A) because he first cups his hands to his ears, and B) because as others have said, being hit in the back with spit in your mouth clearly wouldn’t send it flying through the air in my opinion!

I’m not saying it’s 100% certain, but I don’t understand why so many people feel 100% certain that he wasn’t spitting in the direction of the fans - seems to me there’s pretty decent evidence.

Edit: In fact, watching the video I’m even more certain. Very surprised people are so vociferously suggesting he didn’t do it on purpose. Him releasing a statement denying it is hardly evidence - he’s not going to admit it is he?!

I thought his celebration was weird, incensed kind of celebration I saw Armstrong give back in the day following a lot of stick. I don’t go much anymore unfortunately, has the crowd been giving Aurier a hard time?

Thats the strange thing because I havent noticed any such stick of note on anything like a consistent basis. Unless of course he reads sites like this where match threads could be full of vitriol when he plays badly, but would he really read sites like this? Maybe this thread specifically on him if he had a spare hour to kill?

Was an angry celebration thats for sure and he has previous for doing strange things. Fwiw if he did mean it, I dont think he was outright aiming it to hit someone but more shouting fudge off angrily and then in tandem showing his disdain further by aiming spit near them but not intending to hit them.

All very strange nonetheless but we all move on and must remember life must be hard for a 26 year old on around 70k pw and a few harsh words on football forums must make it almost intolerable.

Back