• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Definitely a much better defender than Trippier. Played 80 minutes on a yellow too, which is a sign of how his concentration has improved

I thought Serge and Sissoko had very mixed games. A few good interventions/actions, but also some hopeless interplay where they went nowhere or just left the ball or passed to nobody. And the usual poor quality of touch and technique and pass selection. Hopefully we can upgrade these guys, they are trying hard and they DO contribute in some ways, but cannot reach the heights I would like to see at Spurs.

I thought Serge and Sissoko had very mixed games. A few good interventions/actions, but also some hopeless interplay where they went nowhere or just left the ball or passed to nobody. And the usual poor quality of touch and technique and pass selection. Hopefully we can upgrade these guys, they are trying hard and they DO contribute in some ways, but cannot reach the heights I would like to see at Spurs.
Agree on Serge but not on Sissoko, i thought the Later had a very good game.

Definitely a much better defender than Trippier. Played 80 minutes on a yellow too, which is a sign of how his concentration has improved

Someone put up odds of him getting a red yesterday and when I saw him get a yellow so early I was convinced it was happening. There was one incident where Winks ultimately fouled their player but for a few seconds Serge was in one of those "lunge at the player" chases. I feared the worst but he used his head and didn't dive in.

I'd be very happy to give him a run of games because I think there is a player in there and we're seeing flashes of it now. A much better defender than Trippier and what a cross for Verts' goal.

Serge was fine last night, most the defence was taken apart by some of the interplay - MOM Jan included.

If it was a city player it would be seen as clever play to take the booking, he then showed a mature performance in nit getting in trouble again.

The ball for the second goal was perfect as well.

Someone put up odds of him getting a red yesterday and when I saw him get a yellow so early I was convinced it was happening. There was one incident where Winks ultimately fouled their player but for a few seconds Serge was in one of those "lunge at the player" chases. I feared the worst but he used his head and didn't dive in.

I'd be very happy to give him a run of games because I think there is a player in there and we're seeing flashes of it now. A much better defender than Trippier and what a cross for Verts' goal.
I got 10/3 on him getting a yellow, easy money!
Thought he was “ok” last night but can’t help feeling had Trippier (who I also don’t really rate) put in that performance then people on here would be moaning about him?

He's a classic style over substance guy - when he joined he was more interested in his social media position than his defensive positioning. Running back towards our goal in the box had me hiding behind the sofa - he liked a trailing leg - now though he's a lot more of a poch player - knows the drills, knows where he's supposed to be, and has to lean on the midfielder who babysits him a lot less than Trippier does. Seems odd to say such a kamikaze player to start with is more defensively solid than Trippier, but, well, its true.

The ball for the second goal was perfect as well.

I am in no way trying to take anything away from Vertonghens excellent performance, but I do find it odd just the absolute fuss made about his cross (which was incredible) contrast with the absolute lack of interest shown in Auriers (which was also great!)

He is our best RB for me, i would like to see him get a run of games because i believe if he gets them he will improve.

More hope than belief for me.

Since he joined Ive always maintained there is (potentially) a hell of a player in there, but to be honest he has only ever shown glimpses.

I still think he could be an amazing RB, but as I say, its more in hope than expectation now.

That said I agree, Id certainly give him a run of games. Its not like Trippier is doing enough to keep him out

I

Since he joined Ive always maintained there is (potentially) a hell of a player in there, but to be honest he has only ever shown glimpses.

I still think he could be an amazing RB, but as I say, its more in hope than expectation now.

That said I agree, Id certainly give him a run of games. Its not like Trippier is doing enough to keep him out

I am not sure how many games he has had in a run but i do not remember him getting many ( may be wrong). Some players start looking better when they have a run of games ( look at Llorente) and i think it may be the same with him.

I am in no way trying to take anything away from Vertonghens excellent performance, but I do find it odd just the absolute fuss made about his cross (which was incredible) contrast with the absolute lack of interest shown in Auriers (which was also great!)

Very fair point. In fact, Jan did brilliantly in every respect last night but the movement from Sonny on that goal was absolutely first class. He gave Jan a nice area to get it into by spinning off the defender. Jan duly delivered as did Aurier for Jan's goal.

Agreed.
Things that are helping convince me include his discipline and decision making after getting an early yellow. Two seasons ago that turns to red fast.

I think the Jan love is amplified by people who don’t know just how good a footballer he is.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Agreed.
Things that are helping convince me include his discipline and decision making after getting an early yellow. Two seasons ago that turns to red fast.

I think the Jan love is amplified by people who don’t know just how good a footballer he is.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The Jan Uber love is because he was on fire last night!
The volley for his goal was a thing of beauty

Back