1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Serge Aurier

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by milo, 31 Aug 2017.

1. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Mauricio Taricco

When Trippier performs like that then he gets rightly criticized for it on here.

FB has turned in to a major area of weakness for us after being one of our strongest areas just a couple of years ago, I only really rate a fit Rose as first choice for where we want to be. The other options we have are back up level players.

SteveAWOL and harr1984 like this.
  2. Legohamster

Legohamster Gerry Armstrong

I was hoping Rose would be back in the side after his return, but he is back to the bench.

We have gone from having the best FBs for the system we have to two that are not really suited and are mistake ridden.

SteveAWOL, harr1984 and Gazza Dazzla like this.
  3. parklane1

parklane1 Dimitar Berbatov

My thoughts as well.

4. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Luka Modric

We badly miss Rose and Walker as much as some still don't want to admit it. Fully accept that Trippier and Davies were playing at a much higher level than they are this season but even at their best neither were a match for the full backs they replaced. I'm still hopeful that Walker-Peters may realise his potential but as it stands right now it's a big weakness in the team along with CM. I'd like to think we will address at least one of these areas in the January window, preferably CM but i'm not holding my breath.

Gazza Dazzla likes this.
  5. StephenH

StephenH Rafael Van Der Vaart

Let’s hope our defensive unit has taken a cold hard look at themselves because they were totally spooked by the Arsenal attack.

6. Legohamster

Legohamster Gerry Armstrong

Is it really in doubt he’s now our best right back?

Missed him and his forward running today making space

7. the dza

the dza Pedro Mendes

He's been better this season, but overall I am not convinced any of our right-back options are good enough. If you picked our 11 best players, then I think right-back and our deeper central midfield players are the first two areas of the team where we can upgrade more easily than the other positions (where we have players of the quality of Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Kane etc.)

Gazza Dazzla and Jon like this.
  8. Jon

Jon Pascal Chimbonda

That Walker lad at Man City looks pretty good...