1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Serge Aurier

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by milo, 31 Aug 2017.

1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Tom Huddlestone

Heard he became a dad in the summer and said it has calmed him down

2. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Chris Perry

He always had ability, that much was obvious from the start.

He always seemed to be trying too hard for me though, and consequently playing a bit past his limit and getting caught all over the place.

Seems to have calmed a bit, focused, and now looks much more like the player we thought we bought.

I said early on, IMHO he has it in him to be a mix of the best bits of Walker and Trippier combined, can genuinely be a world class RB. As always its a case of whether or not he could put it all together and realise it.

He isnt there yet, of course, but its very encouraging to see things improving.

parklane1, monkeybarry and StephenH like this.
  3. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Didier Zokora

I'm totally envious. Some of the best days of my life were coaching girls U-10-to-U-15 teams that my daughter was part of. At the end of it all, the best part was realizing that the greatest rewards were the unsought ones - the satisfaction of helping kids become better than they imagined and of helping parents develop a positive and encouraging culture around the team; the joy of seeing a coaching idea work out on the field of play and create a positive result; the amazement of being part of a team that grows and develops and becomes larger than the sum of its parts.

Didn't get paid a penny. Never earned a greater reward. Enjoy these days. They are priceless and fleeting.

I'm sure Poch is reading this and nodding. Other than the 'didn't get paid' bit.

thfcsteff and nayenezgani like this.
  4. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Mauricio Taricco

5. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Rafael Van Der Vaart

Watched it on a tiny t.v. in a bar in Gambia where I still am. Thought it was foryth who looked bad but to be honest I had trouble making out the players properly.

6. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Naybet

How bad was the picture that you confused Foyth and Aurier?

7. the dza

the dza Pedro Mendes

Was poor and the worst part for me was when he phucked up early on, gave away a free-kick (the one that led to the penalty iirc) and had a go at Foyth for it. Was a tough enough game for Foyth without getting it in the neck for other people's phuck ups. Aurier is a decent enough footballer but he doesn't have what's required between the ears to be part of a team that wants to win things because, when he's under pressure in a big game, he will fold. He's not a youngster, this is who he is always going to be.

Hashegotthesackyet? likes this.
  8. mjc23

mjc23 Bobby Mimms

Every time he was chasing back, I was repeating don't dive in, don't dive in. To be fair he didn't today, I was sure he was going to give away a penalty. He looks to have improved from last season, but he's still a bit of a liability.

9. galeforce

galeforce George Hunt

His mis-control led to the penalty didn’t it?

10. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Naybet

Didn’t see first 20 mins so can’t comment on his performance but didn’t think he was any worse than many others from what I saw.

11. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Sergei Rebrov

He struggles with the pace of some premier league games, which is why he looks more assured in Champions League games.

12. Bedfordspurs

He wasn’t worse than Jan but a lot cane down his side

He looked tired to me

13. Gazza Dazzla

The others have previous very good performances to fall back on though.

14. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Gudni Bergsson

The berating of Foyth early in the game after his own blatant fudge up was a disgrace.

It set the tone for his clueless afternoon, probably rocked Foyths confidence too when what he needed was help getting settled.

He's gone back down in my estimation, I know he's played a lot lately, but that attitude is simply not on IMO.

15. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Jermaine Jenas

Funny that because Jan and Hugo have lots great games to fall back on yet it doesn't stop them getting it in the neck.

16. Bedfordspurs

Verts has no excuse for today IMO

He hasn’t been playing so should be fresh but he was mentally off his game completely

17. Gazza Dazzla

The comment was said that he wasn’t worse than any others, so shouldn’t be singled out. I was just saying that others have a much higher general standard than him, so you either accept that this is pretty much his level and don’t say anything, or you point out that he was below the standard required. I don’t think he was any worse than Eriksen today for example, but I’m not going to rag on Eriksen for 1 bad game out of say 20. Whereas Aurier doesn’t have that luxury.

I’m not sure if I’ve explained that very well but it’s late!

I actually think today he was tired, 3 elite 90 min games in a week is tough and he’d been OK in the other 2.

18. Dr Rosenrosen

Dr Rosenrosen Gus Poyet

Walking on the beaches looking at the peaches.
    Who'd've thought that we'd miss Sanchez so badly.

SteveAWOL likes this.
  19. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Jermaine Jenas

Totally agree on aurier, has little credit I understand why he gets the brick he gets. Still think there's a chance he will come good.

Jan has saved our arse so many times yet one bad game and its a meltdown. The pen was awful, don't know what he was thinking, but you know what, see if our front players and midfielders are going to stand off and let the ball be play at the backline with no pressure then this is what happens.

And yes eriksen was anonymous today, didn't turn up, still can't beat the first man with a corner but he seems to be above criticism.

20. Legohamster

Legohamster Gerry Armstrong

He was no worse than anyone else yesterday, still ahead of Trippier.

Bedfordspurs likes this.