• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Not the tallest player, but gets triffic height into his jumps for headers. Even when he doesn't win the ball, he can often do enough to put off the opponent.

Has to be said; he and Sissoko have got it goin' on. Really linking up well with each other, making smart plays with the ball and covering for the other when needed. It's not something to regard lightly. Lennon and Walker were a disaster when played together. These two are meshing very nicely and getting better.

I've always felt that he's our long-term RB. Not Trippier. He's just more of a complete package - stronger, faster, fitter, and with reasonable crossing ability in the bargain. With a bit of time, he could end up being one of the best RBs in the league.

Trippier's a marvellous crosser, but really just an average RB - and he gets exposed a lot at times.

All Aurier needed to do was fix the awkward moments where he left his brain in the dressing room on the way out. And hopefully that's just what he's done.

Could work on his passing a bit more, though.

Last edited:
Also allows us to play the press to a greater degree as he's confident of making it back. Went into places yesterday that Trips could never get away with.

Also allows us to play the press to a greater degree as he's confident of making it back. Went into places yesterday that Trips could never get away with.

Mmhmm. There was one moment in the second half yesterday where he went bulldozing up to (I think) Luiz in an attempt to press him well into his own half.

He led the press in that movement, because Kane, Eriksen and Alli pushed up behind him. It didn't amount to anything, but I can't imagine Trippier doing that, because it would leave a hole on the right that Azzar would have immediately exploited.

With Aurier, that worry isn't there, because, as you pointed out, he can recover easily.

My only concern with Aurier is how quickly people will forget the good if he makes an error again

Yesterday was meticulous and he did that earlier in the season before he got injured but he needs to maintain that level now which as shown yesterday he can

Not the tallest player, but gets triffic height into his jumps for headers. Even when he doesn't win the ball, he can often do enough to put off the opponent.

Has to be said; he and Sissoko have got it goin' on. Really linking up well with each other, making smart plays with the ball and covering for the other when needed. It's not something to regard lightly. Lennon and Walker were a disaster when played together. These two are meshing very nicely and getting better.

Agreed. Think some players always seem to work better as pairs than as individuals. In our team, Eriksen always seems better when Dembele is there. Kane and Dele seem to improve each other when both are fit and on form ( bit like Greaves and Gilly or Keane and Berbs). Lennon was always best with the Croat right back (name escapes me!) . Plenty of other examples as well

Agreed. Think some players always seem to work better as pairs than as individuals. In our team, Eriksen always seems better when Dembele is there. Kane and Dele seem to improve each other when both are fit and on form ( bit like Greaves and Gilly or Keane and Berbs). Lennon was always best with the Croat right back (name escapes me!) . Plenty of other examples as well

Corluka. Turning circle of an oil tanker, but was surprisingly good despite that. ;)

Corluka!

I was sure there was a player in there but lost faith at Brighton last year when he gave away another pen. But he’s been really good when he’s played this season. I really believe he’s a better defender than Trippier and should be our first choice.

He was excellent yesterday. Played such a big part in our third goal too because his was the great challenge that turned defence into attack.

The good old little and large combo, terrific!

6407A97C-CBB6-41B7-9BA7-B22F3A099569.jpeg

Back