• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

What’s he done wrong in the first half?

Has he nutmegged a play in our our box that lead to a pen?

Or just let a runner by who wins another?

Or whilst hanging on continues to push forward leaving space?
Yes he nutmegged a player in virtually the same position Trippier did, he got away with it but you have to wonder why he would even attempt that there after the wolves game.

He’s been totally owned by there left back on every occasion they’ve come close to each other.

He’s let the ball go out for a corner when it was the most blatant touch off our player you could imagine.

He’s hit the keeper with every cross he’s attempted. (Not the end of the world but it all tots up)

And we’re only 45 minutes in. My comment was mainly based on his clear lack of intelligence, but you brought Trippier in to it, so.

Yes he nutmegged a player in virtually the same position Trippier did, he got away with it but you have to wonder why he would even attempt that there after the wolves game.

He’s been totally owned by there left back on every occasion they’ve come close to each other.

He’s let the ball go out for a corner when it was the most blatant touch off our player you could imagine.

He’s hit the keeper with every cross he’s attempted. (Not the end of the world but it all tots up)

And we’re only 45 minutes in. My comment was mainly based on his clear lack of intelligence, but you brought Trippier in to it, so.

So what about Eriksen who can't get a dead ball corner, not moving ball mind you, post the front post at head height?

Thought Aurier was decent personally, certainly prefer him to Tripper at the moment. And he does produce some good deliveries and did so again tonight - albeit not as consistently as Trippier does...
I think if that were true and also his deliveries were good, then he wouldn’t have been taken off for the apparently inferior Trippier, who happens to be in terrible form and knackered. Not a great show of confidence in him from the boss.

I don’t think Aurier was terrible tonight anyway, he was just very average. I was just pointing out how he seems to constantly have brain farts. Another poster brought Trippier in to it and asked for a direct comparison with Aurier so I gave it!

I thought our fullbacks were all crap, again.
That's the fear........we're gonna end up arguing over one or the other for the foreseeable .....when both are just a bit bricky in one way or another, and quite probably not good enough if we look at our rivals.

Might as well give KWP a spin, he may just surprise us with a run of games and looking at Serge and Tripps could jump to no.1 RB let alone back-up.

Which PL full backs would we swap an on-form pairing of Trippier + Davies for?

Shaw? Nah.
Young? Ew.
Mendy? fudge nah.
Walker? fudge off.
Alexander-Arnold? Nah.
Gomez? No ta.
Milner? Haha.
Azpilicueta? Nope.
Alonso? Drive me into a ditch.

We're pretty lucky all-in-all and are spacegoating our FB's unfairly at the moment.
Agreed. During the match, some fans said Davies was poor. Unbelievable.

I think if that were true and also his deliveries were good, then he wouldn’t have been taken off for the apparently inferior Trippier, who happens to be in terrible form and knackered. Not a great show of confidence in him from the boss.

I don’t think Aurier was terrible tonight anyway, he was just very average. I was just pointing out how he seems to constantly have brain farts. Another poster brought Trippier in to it and asked for a direct comparison with Aurier so I gave it!
Just because a player is bought off for another player in his position doesn’t mean he had a bad game. It makes sense if Lorente is coming on to put Trippier on as his deliveries are more accurate. But I remember Aurier putting in some decent crosses, he’s just consistently not as accurate. But let’s remember there aren’t many FBs whose crosses are that good consistently, Auriers are definitely better than Walker for example. Aurier can actually beat a man with skill aswell which is good, and to me I am becoming less nervous when he’s on the ball and think his brain farts are becoming less frequent. That ball that went for a corner, I can’t defend him seeing that out though...what was he thinking:D

A minor point in the FB's defence. They were patrolling some bad parts of the pitch after the damage caused by the NFL and ManCity games. Some very dodgy areas out on the flanks and bound to play hell with how they cut and plant their cleats while passing or shooting.

It wasn't the greatest display but hardly worth passing gall stones over.

Well you're calling him on something that another player is repeatedly not doing either, so it's not just aurier failing in that respect.
There's actually quite a few in team doing it.

Trippier hits the first man enough times as well when completely free.

Serge deserves the start on sat and the shirt for the moment.

Back