• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

We really need someone to look at the mentality of players before we buy them.

Remember watching draft day with kevin costner. I know it's a film but he wouldn't sign a player because none of his team mates turned up to the players birthday party in college. We need that sort of investigation.

Ffs we all read the stories of how ndombele was fat and lazy as a kid. Why can't our recruitment team do proper background checks?

I agree in principle, and hopefully the addition of people helping the players with mental health means we are adding that to our toolset, however

Part of it is gambling, we don't shop in the no budget category, so sometimes we have to take a risk, hope the player matures, hope the right environment makes a difference.

I genuinely think a few players in the last decade who didn't live up to potential/failed is more down to the coach/setup/how we tried to use them vs. just the player alone.

Aurier is a very good player, but the combination of his concentration at times plus last two years version of Dier and Sanchez = disaster.

I agree in principle, and hopefully the addition of people helping the players with mental health means we are adding that to our toolset, however

Part of it is gambling, we don't shop in the no budget category, so sometimes we have to take a risk, hope the player matures, hope the right environment makes a difference.

I genuinely think a few players in the last decade who didn't live up to potential/failed is more down to the coach/setup/how we tried to use them vs. just the player alone.

Aurier is a very good player, but the combination of his concentration at times plus last two years version of Dier and Sanchez = disaster.

Was thinking more ndombele than aurier. There's taking a risk and there's a record signing on £200k a week. When talking that kind of money you minimise your risk as much as possible.

I'm glad he played for us, I enjoyed a lot of his time on the pitch and I salute his personal fortitude and professionalism that was on display at the time of his brother's death.
Not quite the player we hoped for or needed, but not the liability so lazily caricatured as by snipers from without.

If you are mentioning that then mention the rest.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...artner-before-defeat-to-man-utd-a4040021.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...g-ibrahimovic-and-laurent-blanc-a3180251.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...h-sentence-arsenal-news-ligue-1-a7330651.html

And the spitting into the crowd

Older players influence younger, more talented one in bad ways….
That’s a throw back to 80s football
But I be,I’ve their influence on him, good and bad was huge
French mafia…
Yeah I'm visualizing Sissy as an angel on one shoulder Aurier the devil on the other. Both in dresses.

Not seeing much wrong in those three links
First, released without charge
Second, (not while a Spurs player) was IIRC a single word that one would struggle to term hate speech unless being on a witch hunt
Third (not while a Spurs player) seems to have the unfortunate spectre of race over it. Aurier's comment at the end is very easy to believe.

If i'm going to mention what I liked about him as a Spurs player during his time at our club then, frankly, I see no reason to dredge up stuff from before his time here.

I don't remember the spitting into the crowd. When was that? If it's as you aver, then that is indeed pretty low.

Not seeing much wrong in those three links
First, released without charge
Second, (not while a Spurs player) was IIRC a single word that one would struggle to term hate speech unless being on a witch hunt
Third (not while a Spurs player) seems to have the unfortunate spectre of race over it. Aurier's comment at the end is very easy to believe.

If i'm going to mention what I liked about him as a Spurs player during his time at our club then, frankly, I see no reason to dredge up stuff from before his time here.

I don't remember the spitting into the crowd. When was that? If it's as you aver, then that is indeed pretty low.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ns-olympiacos-jose-mourinho-ucl-a9223821.html

Was IMO tenuous to say the least. And I say that as someone who thinks Aurier is an awful player

Ffs we all read the stories of how ndombele was fat and lazy as a kid. Why can't our recruitment team do proper background checks?
We did.

If his attitude hadn't been a risk, he'd have signed for Barca instead of Spurs.

Last edited:
Feel the termination is us learning to an extent from the end of Poch’s reign, and the stagnation that set in. One of the things we need to compete is an absolute top spirit, and we can’t have players hanging around the club who don’t want to be here. In the past Levy would have held on, but we are valuing spirit which is great.

Now that N’Dombele won’t have a clique or a way out, he’ll either knuckle down or his career will in the bricker. He won’t get a move to a better club than ours if he spends a year not playing, and if he does play he can really make a name for himself in the best league in the world, and help us achieve what we want. Good opportunity for him now.

Exactly BoL. Levy might have finally realised that you need to take whatever your punishment is, and move on to the next project.

Feel the termination is us learning to an extent from the end of Poch’s reign, and the stagnation that set in. One of the things we need to compete is an absolute top spirit, and we can’t have players hanging around the club who don’t want to be here. In the past Levy would have held on, but we are valuing spirit which is great.

Now that N’Dombele won’t have a clique or a way out, he’ll either knuckle down or his career will in the bricker. He won’t get a move to a better club than ours if he spends a year not playing, and if he does play he can really make a name for himself in the best league in the world, and help us achieve what we want. Good opportunity for him now.

If he does not knuckle down he will end up at a Turkish or Russian team. Think he will anyway.

For me, his biggest abdication of common sense and responsibility came in the second-half of the Bayern CL game at home. We smashed them first-half, and NDombele made that mistake which saw us somehow 2-1 down at HT. Second-Half, Aurier goes haring around like an idiot, racing so far out of position that Bayern/Gnabry were looking at the calendar thinking there was a date mistake and that Santa had come to the Lane. This after a similar brain-fart a few days earlier at home to Soton. I was never his greatest fan but he lost me that night, and whilst I was happy to see him improve somewhat during the last bloke's tenure, I cannot join the chorus of thanks personally...he did his job sometimes, scored a few which was great but never showed the application and focus to match his potential.

Back