• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

How was Nuno's relationship with Dohertyrely when they were at wolves together? Was he rated by Nuno? ... was it Nuno that sanctioned selling him to us at the time or did we have to pry Doherty out of Nuno's hands?

I think it comes down to this. If Nuno thinks he can get Doherty better, I see no reason why he'd want wantaway players like aurier to stay.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

All this talk of Berbatov made me want to rewatch his highlight reels

Did we ever have a cooler player than the mercurial Bulgarian? He would score a worldie then just start walking back to the half way line with that "what's the big deal?" smirk on his face.:cool:

Never understood why we not in for him when he left Manure. Could have been the difference in getting CL that season.

How was Nuno's relationship with Dohertyrely when they were at wolves together? Was he rated by Nuno? ... was it Nuno that sanctioned selling him to us at the time or did we have to pry Doherty out of Nuno's hands?

I think it comes down to this. If Nuno thinks he can get Doherty better, I see no reason why he'd want wantaway players like aurier to stay.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Nuno sanctioned the sale.

wouldn't matter if he did/didn't, if we can't sell Aurier I really don't see a world where you start Doherty over Aurier, the gulf in ability is insane.

wouldn't matter if he did/didn't, if we can't sell Aurier I really don't see a world where you start Doherty over Aurier, the gulf in ability is insane.

If he wasn’t in the last year of his contract we shouldn’t be selling serge at all

He’s nowhere near as bad as made out and I’m not sure he has an attitude problem, he’s kept him self in shape when not in team and showed some fight in trying to get his place back

Maybe but with Aurier you can get 2/10 or 10/10 performances with equal likelihood

I cant remember one performance from Doherty which was more than 7/10, but to be fair to him, he has far fewer nightmare performances than Aurier

Maybe but with Aurier you can get 2/10 or 10/10 performances with equal likelihood

I cant remember one performance from Doherty which was more than 7/10, but to be fair to him, he has far fewer nightmare performances than Aurier
I would take Aurier over Doherty every week. Aurier has had his brain farts but his performances are rarely as bad as is made out on here. A winger rarely gets the better of him one on one and is fine defensively except for said brain farts. He is constantly up and down that wing and can be an attacking threat for us.
Where as Doherty, I’m still waiting for him to show what on earth he is good at - something, anything…..

If he wasn’t in the last year of his contract we shouldn’t be selling serge at all

He’s nowhere near as bad as made out and I’m not sure he has an attitude problem, he’s kept him self in shape when not in team and showed some fight in trying to get his place back

Possibly... but when he is not on the pitch, my heart beats at a much lower and regular beat whenever the ball is anywhere near the right side of our defence.

Did we ever have a cooler player than the mercurial Bulgarian? He would score a worldie then just start walking back to the half way line with that "what's the big deal?" smirk on his face.:cool:

Never understood why we not in for him when he left Manure. Could have been the difference in getting CL that season.

Great player.

I would take Aurier over Doherty every week. Aurier has had his brain farts but his performances are rarely as bad as is made out on here. A winger rarely gets the better of him one on one and is fine defensively except for said brain farts. He is constantly up and down that wing and can be an attacking threat for us.
Where as Doherty, I’m still waiting for him to show what on earth he is good at - something, anything…..

you almost had it but ion said up and down
It was Either/or, never both

the guy also made some fo the most stupid fouls you could make… the kind that made people hate Dier (leg swinging). No pro footballer should ever headbutt a players back when attempting to challenge for a ball not actually going to that player.

Last edited:
This is really weird. Until we see what Embassy Regal is actually like, Aurier is the best of our four RBs. Whatever has gone wrong, it looks like really bad man management and asset management.

This is really weird. Until we see what Embassy Regal is actually like, Aurier is the best of our four RBs. Whatever has gone wrong, it looks like really bad man management and asset management.

Auriers wages, passed on from money bags PSG will be astronomical. Letting him go and sign for a free will save us 10m maybe and also allow Nuno to focus on the future.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Never wanted this guy here.
He never apologised for the homophobic abuse. People just moved on and forgot about it.
He spat at the home crowd. People tried to explain it away.
And worst of all
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...artner-before-defeat-to-man-utd-a4040021.html
The bloke was and is a clam
He could be brilliant in some games and a calm player
Next game … mental.
And his off the pitch stuff as you say really wasn’t good
Yet people will defend him for gnosis occasional great games
The guy had a period last year where he was the best RB in the league

He isn’t
He can’t keep to the basics for more than 2 games on the trot
And His actions off the pitch (on the record) added to his whole attitude about wanting to leave makes him an obvious bad influence

I'm guessing that we'll be paying him part of his wages to free him up. Difficult to know how much but presumably we've judged that we'll be saving enough relative to the contribution that we'll miss. Pleased that we're not hanging on to players endlessly

Back