• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

By the law of averages we were going to concede today, given the amount of possession City had. Our defence was constantly under pressure. Don't blame Aurier at all. The number of times the other full back was either missing or showing Mahrez onto his left foot there really should have been a goal coming through that.
I agree. The back four were under constant pressure and fouls happen. If it was headed away (which it should have been) then no harm. This does not fall into the 'brainfart' category at all. Sissoko not jumping to make a challenge is where the real fault lies.

A mistake is a mistake, it’s no a excuse to just look at other players and say they did no better. If Aurier doesn’t make that pointless, completely unnecessary foul then maybe, maybe We don’t lose.

this isn’t a one off.
That's what I am saying though, the pressure was always likely to lead to a mistake. City are a tricky side. It's pretty easy to foul their players especially Sterling. I thought Aurier had a pretty good game.

That's what I am saying though, the pressure was always likely to lead to a mistake. City are a tricky side. It's pretty easy to foul their players especially Sterling. I thought Aurier had a pretty good game.
I thought he had a decent game as well, he is much improved this season, but these stupid fouls still happen. Like I said this isn’t a one off.

A mistake is a mistake, it’s no a excuse to just look at other players and say they did no better. If Aurier doesn’t make that pointless, completely unnecessary foul then maybe, maybe We don’t lose.

this isn’t a one off.
No defender is going to go a complete match without making a foul. If that's your expectation then you're going to be consistently disappointed.

No defender is going to go a complete match without making a foul. If that's your expectation then you're going to be consistently disappointed.
Of course not! Most defenders only make fouls when they need to though when they are under pressure, not when the player is standing still on the touch line, no need to foul.

Is that really what you think I’m complaining about that he made “a foul during the game”?!?

Sometimes I think there is an agenda to find a way to make Aurier responsible for goals we concede. Unfortunately it’s Aurier who’s driving it.

Last edited:
Of course not! Most defenders only make fouls when they need to though when they are under pressure, not when the player is standing still on the touch line, no need to foul.

Is that really what you think I’m complaining about that he made “a foul during the game”?!?
To be clearer all defenders make unnecessary fouls at some point in a match. It always happens, that we conceeded from it is brick but it wasn't a pen, we had the ability or inability in our case to defend it.

On the balance of play he had a very good game and a bricky foul given away is always going happen. I don't believe we are going to find a RB who doesn't give at least one of those away a game.

So it doesn't seem worth castigating him for it. We gave away a ton of silly fouls today, that's just the one we ended up conceding from
I was defending Aurier!
Quoted by accident. [emoji28]

Last edited:
To be clearer all defenders make unnecessary fouls at some point in a match. It always happens, that we conceeded from it is brick but it wasn't a pen, we had the ability or inability in our case to defend it.

On the balance of play he had a very good game and a bricky foul given away is always going happen. I don't believe we are going to find a RB who doesn't give at least one of those away a game.

So it doesn't seem worth castigating him for it. We gave away a ton of silly fouls today, that's just the one we ended up conceding from Quoted by accident. [emoji28]

That he only gave away one of that nature was a miracle given how good Sterling was today.

I thought he had a good game yesterday, Sterling was lively throughout but Serge was matching him.

No credit for the potentially goal saving tackle on Sterling first half when he took it off his toes in the area just as he was pulling the trigger?

I thought he had a good game yesterday, Sterling was lively throughout but Serge was matching him.

No credit for the potentially goal saving tackle on Sterling first half when he took it off his toes in the area just as he was pulling the trigger?
That’s what I mean
He did that recovery (after his man went past him) brilliantly
And the thing that costs him was much more routine

He's had a decent season but will be 29 this year with contract running down and supposedly interest for him in France.

Won't be as easy to replace as people think (Doherty warning), but should be part of the changes this summer.

Back