• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

400% this is a big change I would make, he is a leader
I think Hugo will be off to either PSG or the MLS in the summer anyhow

Agree. Convinced he will join PSG in Summer. Said in another thread, I would take a punt on Sam Johnstone at WBA. Home-grown and could be our keeper for a while. I know they have the worst defensive record in the PL, but from what I have seen of him he makes less mistakes than most top keepers, he is just behind the leagues worst defensive set up

Agree. Convinced he will join PSG in Summer. Said in another thread, I would take a punt on Sam Johnstone at WBA. Home-grown and could be our keeper for a while. I know they have the worst defensive record in the PL, but from what I have seen of him he makes less mistakes than most top keepers, he is just behind the leagues worst defensive set up

Personally I'd prefer an overlap between when a new keeper arrives and Lloris leaves. We need a new back-up keeper as it stands, so if Lloris leaves in the summer, then we need two keepers (in addition to all the other business which we need to do - CB, CF, back-up forwards etc etc).

Nick Pope would be the keeper for me
Me too. How much do you think he would cost though? We could get a decent run at him as don’t think anyone else will be in him for ( due to their training rather than his ability?). Maybe Everton who I hope would be seen as less attractive than us.

Me too. How much do you think he would cost though? We could get a decent run at him as don’t think anyone else will be in him for ( due to their training rather than his ability?). Maybe Everton who I hope would be seen as less attractive than us.
No idea
Wouldn’t be cheap
£25m I guess
But IMO he is on of the best in the league by some way
Commands his area and makes the saves Hugo makes

Personally I'd prefer an overlap between when a new keeper arrives and Lloris leaves. We need a new back-up keeper as it stands, so if Lloris leaves in the summer, then we need two keepers (in addition to all the other business which we need to do - CB, CF, back-up forwards etc etc).
Tricky one as don’t see Hugo settling for the bench band it would devalue his value, whilst unlikely a new keeper would like to move and give up their existing number 1 status to start with.
The tricky one is the number 2, harts wages may be prohibitive in getting rid or moving to number 3. I always wonder what the cut off is for a current number 1 to move ‘up’ to go and be a number 2, especially if the number 1 is new / has a relatively long shelf life.
Henderson at United is an interesting situation, looked good on loan but doesn’t seem to be able to oust De Gea regardless of how the latter performs.

No idea
Wouldn’t be cheap
£25m I guess
But IMO he is on of the best in the league by some way
Commands his area and makes the saves Hugo makes
I’m a big fan too. Just feel he will cost more than that but I hope we ask the question, added bonus : cost of being HG too.
Surely just a matter of time before he succeeds Pickford.

I don't know how Pickford is ahead of him for England. Fantastic shot-stopper, really commands his area and takes so much pressure off his defence by actually coming and taking crosses.

Mentioned it before but Southgate slated Pope's kicking/footwork a while ago. I haven't watched him enough to know how bad it is

Mentioned it before but Southgate slated Pope's kicking/footwork a while ago. I haven't watched him enough to know how bad it is
Shame Southgate ain’t got a clue about the players on the pitch footwork
It reminds me of when fans love a defender for scoring forgetting they can’t defend (Phillip Albert was that classic)

Back