• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

It was a lapse and it changed his game
The hush been brilliant but I just wonder in games like yesterday when he has no pressure on him form the opposition does his game drop off with his focus
West him got two free kicks form him thy they scored form IIRC... and again he wasn’t under the intensity thy be was was vs pool, Chelsea or arsenal for example when he was super switched on
West Ham got one free kick I think.... (that shouldn’t have been awarded, it was a poor decision from the ref).

Hojberg gave away two silly free kicks against Leicester early on and I remember thinking if that was Serge he’d be getting pelters and probably because one of them would probably have gone in!

I’m not sure if it’s bad luck or the fact that his card is marked but it does feel like even when he’s playing well a goal can be traced back to him!

West Ham got one free kick I think.... (that shouldn’t have been awarded, it was a poor decision from the ref).
They had two free kicks form his side his they scored from. He may not have culpable for both though, but the one I do remember was soft but one you always get given.

Hojberg gave away two silly free kicks against Leicester early on and I remember thinking if that was Serge he’d be getting pelters and probably because one of them would probably have gone in!

I’m not sure if it’s bad luck or the fact that his card is marked but it does feel like even when he’s playing well a goal can be traced back to him!
He has been playing so well this season for us
So has Hojdjberg who has been a revelation
IMO sunday was the only game that Aurier had been poor in and he wasn’t poor all game by any means. He got worse after his mistake

He has been playing so well this season for us
So has Hojdjberg who has been a revelation
IMO sunday was the only game that Aurier had been poor in and he wasn’t poor all game by any means. He got worse after his mistake
I agree, but whether it’s concentration as you’ve alluded to or a hard wired self destruct button there’s always a fear that he will make a costly error. Maybe more rotation with Doherty is key.

Serge Aurier was far from the only player to regress to 'our old ways' on Sunday.
Doherty is bound to be playing tomorrow so lets hope has a better game.

Sunday was pretty brainless but I think he’s shown enough this season that he deserves to be our first choice. I’ve not seen many better right backs in the league so far. Less than a week ago, he had Mane in his pocket so one mistake isn’t enough to have me wishing him out of the club.

They had two free kicks form his side his they scored from. He may not have culpable for both though, but the one I do remember was soft but one you always get given.
The first one was conceded by Sissoko, not Aurier. The Aurier one that they equalised from was terrible refereeing, it was clear that their player (Snodgrass I think) just threw himself to the floor.

Good game, back to what has been his normal performance this season (with the probably 2 bad games)

Miles better than Doherty

I remember some rather poor forward play / crosses in the first half and I was disappointed by his quality... but then he mopped up a Sanchez mess and played fine later on.

Telegraph reporting that Aurier left the stadium at half time yesterday.
(Paywall so can't read the whole article but it from other reports quoting the Telegraph it doesn't seem that there's any more detail than he left).
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...enham-hotspurs-stadium-half-time-substituted/

Whether he left because he was substituted, or whether he argued with Lloris which led to him being substituted, then leaving, or he was substituted, said he was leaving and then had an argument about it with his captain, who knows.
But it doesn't sound good.

Telegraph reporting that Aurier left the stadium at half time yesterday.
(Paywall so can't read the whole article but it from other reports quoting the Telegraph it doesn't seem that there's any more detail than he left).
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...enham-hotspurs-stadium-half-time-substituted/

Whether he left because he was substituted, or whether he argued with Lloris which led to him being substituted, then leaving, or he was substituted, said he was leaving and then had an argument about it with his captain, who knows.
But it doesn't sound good.

No. Cant blame him being tinkled off though given he was subbed before Doherty

Not very professional but I can understand his reaction. There were 3 players more at fault for that goal than Aurier.
If Davies is in the right position it's offside and then the calamity with Dier and Lloris both standing and looking at the ball.
Why were none of the others subbed? Smacks of the way Dele was singled out at Stoke for the goal when there were others
more to blame. Add to that being taken off before Doherty and it's understandable.

I’d really like to know what happened here.

If he argued with Jose he’s in the wrong.

If he was having a pop at Lloris and Dier about the goal he was bang on.

More physical violence in the dressing room is needed imo.

I’d really like to know what happened here.

If he argued with Jose he’s in the wrong.

If he was having a pop at Lloris and Dier about the goal he was bang on.

More physical violence in the dressing room is needed imo.
I wish the whole squad would argue with Jose, might be a start in changing the way we play

Back