• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

With all due respect, I’m so sick of reading arrogant, patronising posts like this on here! Stating your opinions as facts, and explaining that any differing opinions are based on bias or less sophisticated thinking.

Maybe some people weren’t yet convinced about Aurier last season because he was still committing what seem like egregious lapses in effort or concentration like for Utd’s first goal against us here, under Jose?

All players make mistakes.... defenders mistakes are just more often punished with goals. Aurier had lots of good performances last season and a few poor ones as well. His trajectory at Spurs has generally been constantly upward since joining.

With all due respect, I’m so sick of reading arrogant, patronising posts like this on here! Stating your opinions as facts, and explaining that any differing opinions are based on bias or less sophisticated thinking.

Maybe some people weren’t yet convinced about Aurier last season because he was still committing what seem like egregious lapses in effort or concentration like for Utd’s first goal against us here, under Jose?

It took me quite a while to change my mind on Aurier. I thought the inconsistency was consistent and that it was only a matter of time before he would regress.

He proved me wrong. Not sure about the last months under Pochettino, but after the restart at least he was much improved. His performances this season haven't come as a shock.

If others saw that change, that development before you or I what's wrong with them pointing that out?

It took me quite a while to change my mind on Aurier. I thought the inconsistency was consistent and that it was only a matter of time before he would regress.

He proved me wrong. Not sure about the last months under Pochettino, but after the restart at least he was much improved. His performances this season haven't come as a shock.

If others saw that change, that development before you or I what's wrong with them pointing that out?

It’s only the condescending tone / framing I took issue with, e.g. “few were willing to see it”. I.e. I am right, and if anyone disagrees with me it is because they’re stubborn or biased.

Who said anything about facts, it's all opinion. It always is. [emoji52]

Maybe
I stand by it
It’s why today was disappointing
It was stupid and under no pressure
There is a player there
Although his record vs Leicester isn’t great. It was his goal chalked off last season up there wasn’t it

He’s been brilliant this season and was brilliant today before the penalty decision. But it was a reminder of all that’s bad about Serge. Hard to know what was going through his head.

But I wouldn’t lay the blame for the defeat solely at his doorstep. We were insipid today all over the pitch. Second best for the vast majority of the game.

He’s been brilliant this season and was brilliant today before the pelanty decision. But it was a reminder of all that’s bad about Serge. Hard to know what was going through his head.

But I wouldn’t lay the blame for the defeat solely at his doorstep. We were insipid today all over the pitch. Second best for the vast majority of the game.
I guess he was still frazzled (like much of the rest of the team) after putting in such a hard shift for no reward midweek.

Hopefully Matt Doherty has fully recovered from coronavirus and can provide a bit of relief / competition for the RB position.

Today’s oh what a highly podcast is brilliant and nails everything from yesterday’s game IMO
So many things they say I agree with and they raise a classic but possibly true comment about Serge... is he a player who thrives under pressure in games so he doesn’t have to think just play? I agree with that myself as his best games for us have been against the best teams IMO
Anyone else?

Today’s oh what a highly podcast is brilliant and nails everything from yesterday’s game IMO
So many things they say I agree with and they raise a classic but possibly true comment about Serge... is he a player who thrives under pressure in games so he doesn’t have to think just play? I agree with that myself as his best games for us have been against the best teams IMO
Anyone else?
Sorry but I don’t get that at all - he has to be even more switched on and focused against the likes of Mane to Mark him out of the game. For me last season he must have been so tired at times both physically and mentally, as he played almost every game he was available. This season he has been rotated much more and has looked far better for it. He made an error, nothing to dwell on considering his form this season....

Sorry but I don’t get that at all - he has to be even more switched on and focused against the likes of Mane to Mark him out of the game. For me last season he must have been so tired at times both physically and mentally, as he played almost every game he was available. This season he has been rotated much more and has looked far better for it. He made an error, nothing to dwell on considering his form this season....

that’s the issue
He takes his focus down a level against teams where arguably thag could naturally be ok and it means his A games isn’t on. Hence why his mistakes are more frequent in the lesser games

that’s the issue
He takes his focus down a level against teams where arguably thag could naturally be ok and it means his A games isn’t on. Hence why his mistakes are more frequent in the lesser games
I wouldn’t consider Leicester a smaller game, and I think he’s been good against most this season not just the bigger teams.
On forums its great to have different discussion points, but always seems to be the way that we over analyse when things go wrong, at the end of the day humans simply have bad days at the office and in this instance with Serge it was a bad moment, but doesn’t seem to be having many of them this season....

I wouldn’t consider Leicester a smaller game, and I think he’s been good against most this season not just the bigger teams.
On forums its great to have different discussion points, but always seems to be the way that we over analyse when things go wrong, at the end of the day humans simply have bad days at the office and in this instance with Serge it was a bad moment, but doesn’t seem to be having many of them this season....
See my posts earlier. He has IMO been the best RB in the league
But yesterday was old serge. Switched off and head butted a guys back... crosses going out of play... jogging back rather than sprinting. His game was poor after he made that error and didn’t seem to care he was evening subbed
That’s not how he was playing in the previous 4/5 games

that’s the issue
Was the penalty a lack of concentraction or just outright stupidity? For me it was a moment of very poor decision making, hopefully it was just a lapse and he will keep up his existing high levels.

Was the pelanty a lack of concentraction or just outright stupidity? For me it was a moment of very poor decision making, hopefully it was just a lapse and he will keep up his existing high levels.
It was a lapse and it changed his game
The hush been brilliant but I just wonder in games like yesterday when he has no pressure on him form the opposition does his game drop off with his focus
West him got two free kicks form him thy they scored form IIRC... and again he wasn’t under the intensity thy be was was vs pool, Chelsea or arsenal for example when he was super switched on

Back