• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Aurier was improving under Poch too. The greater defensive discipline across the team is no doubt helping Aurier as well. Not to mention competition.

Great to see him doing well as it was always there in him. After 2 years of gaffs I’d lost patience.

Credit to Mourinho he has shown he can be patient if he likes a player. He has shown patience with Dier, and to an extent Aurier and Davies.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Can't remember the exact comment but Jose did have a pop at Aurier in front of everyone on the Amazon doc. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get left there though, I'm sure Jose is all over having (1to1) conversations and ongoing dialogue with most of the players.

Think it's only when he becomes exhausted with players or (in his eyes) you've burnt your bridges with him that Jose isolates you.

Can't remember the exact comment but Jose did have a pop at Aurier in front of everyone on the Amazon doc. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get left there though, I'm sure Jose is all over having (1to1) conversations and ongoing dialogue with most of the players.

Think it's only when he becomes exhausted with players or (in his eyes) you've burnt your bridges with him that Jose isolates you.
Mourinho certainly didn’t mince his words but thankfully it doesn’t appear to have done any lasting damage to Aurier’s aura :D

Mourinho certainly didn’t mince his words but thankfully it doesn’t appear to have done any lasting damage to Aurier’s aura :D

I have to disagree with Mourinho here. He said to Aurier that he was capable of conceding brick penalties with VAR.

IMHO, Aurier's capable of conceding brick penalties without VAR too.

(that said, I was impressed with him against Emirates Marketing Project, both positionally and with his tackling in the box)

I have to disagree with Mourinho here. He said to Aurier that he was capable of conceding brick penalties with VAR.

IMHO, Aurier's capable of conceding brick penalties without VAR too.

(that said, I was impressed with him against Emirates Marketing Project, both positionally and with his tackling in the box)

Whilst people might consider it fawning over Jose, tell me that Serge didn't go in to the game thinking "I'll prove you wrong you prick". He's been an interesting kind of low key excellent for a while, helps having more competition around to boot.

Would have gladly had him out in the summer but he’s been excellent in every game this season. He’s cut out the brain farts and stupid tackles and looks one of the best right backs in the league. Jose deserves immense credit for that. While Doherty hasn’t torn up trees, he’s been decent so we now have two strong right back options where last season we had none.

Been good since the restart after Covid at least, but his well deserved reputation from earlier has stuck with him.

Been even better this season and really coming into his own. Did not think I'd be saying that at this time last season.

Well done to both him and Mourinho.

Been good since the restart after Covid at least, but his well deserved reputation from earlier has stuck with him.

Been even better this season and really coming into his own. Did not think I'd be saying that at this time last season.

Well done to both him and Mourinho.
No, he's been pretty good since he first arrived here, but a couple of mistakes has clouded the view of most in here to a point that nothing he did was good. When are people gonna learn not to jump to conclusions? Same with Ndombele. I've stuck with both of them from the off, and defended them, because I'm able to see past the mistakes, that everyone does, and seen what they are capable of.

He's a different player now - vastly improved. In the montage above, he didnt leave his feet once or dive in....and thats in 2 mins 20 of clips for him. Its transformed the way he's playing - actually looks solid now!

No, he's been pretty good since he first arrived here, but a couple of mistakes has clouded the view of most in here to a point that nothing he did was good. When are people gonna learn not to jump to conclusions? Same with Ndombele. I've stuck with both of them from the off, and defended them, because I'm able to see past the mistakes, that everyone does, and seen what they are capable of.
Depends on the standard they're being compared to. Pretty good PL footballer, sure. Good enough for us and where we want to be, not so sure.

The frequency and type of errors Aurier was making was simply not good enough for where we wanted to be, for quite a long time. He had to improve and for a rather long time he didn't. I lost hope that he would, but I'm delighted that he has.

For Ndombele his ability on the ball was never in question. There was nothing to stick by in that regard because there wasn't a problem.

In terms of fitness and defensive work rate there were rightly big questions being asked. He had to improve and did so. If he hadn't there's no way he would have been a success here.

There's definitely a strong tendency to jump to conclusions, both positive and negative conclusions in football. I don't see that changing much, but always good to hear voices of reason. On Aurier I've certainly been proven to be a voice lacking in reason.

Back