• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm confused as to why Poch was happy to sell Walker. My understanding was that Poch felt like Trippier was good enough to take gametime away from Walker, and that Walker wasn't happy about that. But if we're buying Aurier, that suggests no-one thinks Tripper is good enough to be first-choice, so why not just reassure Walker that if he maintained his performance he'd always start ahead of Trippier?

I guess regardless of price and quality, I'm just disappointed to lose a long-serving English player and replace him with a guy who seems like a complete bell-end.

Oh well, hopefully he'll play brilliantly and I'll soon forget my misgivings!

Yeah, it's hard to say exactly what went on that caused Walker to want to leave. His comments after he got his City debut might indicate that he was unhappy about something (and not just wanting to move up north). So I guess Poch decided it wasn't worth keeping an unhappy Walker, and would rather cash in on him while he could. But pure speculation, obviously.

I guess I'm confused as to why Poch was happy to sell Walker. My understanding was that Poch felt like Trippier was good enough to take gametime away from Walker, and that Walker wasn't happy about that. But if we're buying Aurier, that suggests no-one thinks Tripper is good enough to be first-choice, so why not just reassure Walker that if he maintained his performance he'd always start ahead of Trippier?

I guess regardless of price and quality, I'm just disappointed to lose a long-serving English player and replace him with a guy who seems like a complete bell-end.

I think the questions were more about Walker's ability to play more than one game a week with his hip condition, combined with him wanting more money for the final few years at his peak.

My posts keep being removed in this thread, would a moderator do me the courtesy of contacting me and letting me know why, as none have contained bad language or broken any site rules as far as I am aware?

I'm so excited in anticipation of this signing, its hopefully going to happen and give the club a massive boost!

It's partly a team spirit thing in addition to what people have said above. The moment Walker thinks he's too good, too better than his direct competition, he's showing a lack of adherence to the plan. In that instance, he should go.

We have Sachez and now this guy. I want to work out..so Poch is going to have to warn them about their timing in the tackle..
cause boy do they go in hard!

Well done for the effort by the club 100%. A player or two in the middle or up front...and its Premier League Challenge here we come........
CoySpurs..................................

Pride. An awful affliction.

It would still be interesting though. But as Milo says the privacy provisions probably trump the public interest argument.
What would be interesting? Suspended sentence changed to a fine on appeal and therefore no grounds to reject a work permit.

It is being reported that Serge's work permit has been approved. Hopefully he'll be in a Spurs shirt soon.

We have Sachez and now this guy. I want to work out..so Poch is going to have to warn them about their timing in the tackle..
cause boy do they go in hard!

Well done for the effort by the club 100%. A player or two in the middle or up front...and its Premier League Challenge here we come........
CoySpurs..................................

Yes. Seems to go to ground too often. Sanchez and this guy are both 'potential' type players, but their potential is a lot higher. In other words they're already very decent.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back