• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chelsea rent boy chant is pretty prolific. Maybe not quite the same but still has connotations.

Let's be honest, there's still a lot of homophobia in football. When I went to see us play in Prague a few years back, a steward had a pink top on, and the entire Tottenham part of the stand were heard singing "Gay-boy, gay-boy, gay-boy, gay-boy" (to the tune of "same ol' Arse*al, always cheating") throughout the match.

Let's be honest 95% of footballers are idiots in some shape or form. We can't be overly fussy when it comes to quality established recruits....

Let's all be honest 95% of the football fans are just at daft with statistics

This is a fine signing if it goes through. It's also kind of a mutual pact. He's on a last chance with a big club, if he does anything in terms of slagging off our coach publicly he'll be bounced out of here quick and we just give his spot to KWP, who will have had the pressure off for a bit while Serge was here. If he's sorted himself out, we've got a great player.

From what I'm hearing this guy is an absolute douchebag. Not that I care, he's a football player and a damn good one at that.

Interested to hear how you rate this guy so highly but can't stand the idea of us signing Barkley when it appears neither are candidates for Mastermind.

Football intelligence is a completely different thing to general intelligence. Gazza is the obvious example of someone who had all the former and none of the latter. I've never particularly heard Barkley speak, so can't comment on his general, but his decision-making and positional discipline are all over the place, which shows he has little football intelligence.

I was somewhere in the middle of the should we/shouldnt we arguments about signing a RB, though admittedly on balance moving to the view that a RB wasnt needed this year and KT/KWP should be given a chance.

However on further reflection, given Trippier turns 27 next month, I can see him being sold next summer and, subject to what he does this year, think that thats probably best. He's a decent, but not outstanding, player but probably wont improve much from where he is given his age. And his value will soon start to decline. So signing SA and using this year to get KWP more first-team-ready (e.g. playing him in all the domestic cup games, whether at RB or LB) feels like it makes sense, particularly if SA is available for just over £20m

Do we really want this guy? :p

2zsQRiP.jpg

I was somewhere in the middle of the should we/shouldnt we arguments about signing a RB, though admittedly on balance moving to the view that a RB wasnt needed this year and KT/KWP should be given a chance.

However on further reflection, given Trippier turns 27 next month, I can see him being sold next summer and, subject to what he does this year, think that thats probably best. He's a decent, but not outstanding, player but probably wont improve much from where he is given his age. And his value will soon start to decline. So signing SA and using this year to get KWP more first-team-ready (e.g. playing him in all the domestic cup games, whether at RB or LB) feels like it makes sense, particularly if SA is available for just over £20m

I don't disagree with you particularly about Trippier, peachy crosses notwithstanding, but are we getting a bit Logan's Run here? Jan must be about 140 in Spurs years if this is how we feel about 27 year olds.

Do we really want this guy? :p

2zsQRiP.jpg

I cant read the date properly but doesnt that say 2013? So 4 years ago when he was 19? Are there not any things which you did when you were around that age which you regret or which in hindsight look a bit stupid?

He's quality. I do have one issue with him though, and that is that he goes to ground a lot when tackling. Suspect he'll get at least booked almost every game, and a fair chance he'd be sent off the way he jumps into tackles. Hopefully Poch and Alderweireld can teach him a thing or two about standing tackles.

I don't disagree with you particularly about Trippier, peachy crosses notwithstanding, but are we getting a bit Logan's Run here? Jan must be about 140 in Spurs years if this is how we feel about 27 year olds.

For me its different for someone who is a nailed on first-choice/key player and someone who isnt. If someone is a key cog in the team then I think its fine allowing their re-sale value to gradually decrease to zero, or potentially say a couple million if you flog them when 32 or 33 and when they're no longer first choice. However if someone is say 28 (which Trippier will shortly turn this time next year), worth £20m then you're in effect writing off £5m of value each year (assuming he goes from £20m value at 28 to zero at 32) by keeping him...and if he's not really starting that much, then I'd argue that you're better selling then and reinvesting in someone younger.

We're not at the point, and might never be, of Man C or Cheatski when we ignore re-sale values....

For me its different for someone who is a nailed on first-choice/key player and someone who isnt. If someone is a key cog in the team then I think its fine allowing their re-sale value to gradually decrease to zero, or potentially say a couple million if you flog them when 32 or 33 and when they're no longer first choice. However if someone is say 28 (which Trippier will shortly turn this time next year), worth £20m then you're in effect writing off £5m of value each year (assuming he goes from £20m value at 28 to zero at 32) by keeping him...and if he's not really starting that much, then I'd argue that you're better selling then and reinvesting in someone younger.

We're not at the point, and might never be, of Man C or Cheatski when we ignore re-sale values....

Price inflation more than compensates for age-related depreciation these days, but in a sane world your point would be completely fair.

I cant read the date properly but doesnt that say 2013? So 4 years ago when he was 19? Are there not any things which you did when you were around that age which you regret or which in hindsight look a bit stupid?

I posted it just for laughs, couldn't give two fudges if he is/was a Gooner, as long as he gives his all for us (which he would have to do to get play time, if he were to sign). :) Dennis Bergkamp supposedly grew up as a Spurs fan.

I do feel somewhat uncomfortable about aspects of Aurier (outside of his playing abilities). Anyone who goes live on social media and calls his manager a "faggott" is - at absolute best - showing very bad judgement and ignorance. Whether there was more to it we don't know, but the fact that a term like that would be chosen to use as an insult does imply some at least casual homophobia.

If one of our players had said about Poch or individual team mates the things Aurier said about Blanc and team mates, then he would be transgressing the Poch 'discipline' line in a big way.

He also posted a video at one point calling a referee a dirty s.o.b.

Of course, people make mistakes and a couple of years on he may have matured. (Court case aside as I have no idea of the details).

Poch is reported to have had a long talk with him, so must be convinced.

If he joins he should be made to meet and work with Proud Lilywhites.

image.jpg

Football intelligence is a completely different thing to general intelligence. Gazza is the obvious example of someone who had all the former and none of the latter. I've never particularly heard Barkley speak, so can't comment on his general, but his decision-making and positional discipline are all over the place, which shows he has little football intelligence.

You reckon Gazza knew anything about positional sense? The guy roamed and delivered but if you think he listened to Terry Venables telling him to hold a particular position you're crazier than the man himself.

On what basis are you so convinced he has no intelligence?

What positional discipline do you suppose one learns playing under Maritinez? And when set ups are so haphazard how easy is it to make the "right" decision?

Did you not notice when playing under Koeman the first half of last season, a manager with a tactical basis and system of play, his productivity was actually pretty good?

You are runnign a campaign against the lad but its built on sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back