• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

Automated system so hard to police
And you can upgrade a kids to and adult ticket on a one off basis
I agree though but these systems are ripe for abuse

The issue is though they haven’t given enough concessions for existing kids who are season ticket holders
My point entirely, if there's not enough for concessions already then it's going to a double tinkler if someone is using one on the sly.

I'm all for supply and demand but I'd prefer to see the next generation of genuine fans given an opportunity to come to games. I'd also rather a full stadium of people who want to be there rather than have empty seats at some games selling for double to tourists for the sexy games. As a ST I've really disliked having different people sitting around me every week especially as many have a different understanding of what they want from their annual / only sojourn to a football match.

Given that the average age of season ticket holders have increased by nine years in the past ten years at many Premier League clubs, getting more young supporters hooked should be a prime concern for the club. The new season ticket pricing structure is counter productive in this regard, IMHO.
Exactly and there probably hasn't been a better time in the last 25 years to attract them!!

It is steep no doubt but the truth is ... us mugs will pay anything.

If it gets too expensive either get a better job, make sacrifices, or stay married (divorce is not an option).

I've had to down grade my car to be able to get to the stadium. My choice.

This, this, this, " you touch yourself or take yer choice not to' same as everything in life.

I wonder if it would have been feasible to have a higher capacity but ensure the additional seats went to people under the age of 21, at a reduced price - make a second waiting list/loyalty point scheme of sorts for these seats only. But i wonder if the demand is really there?

One thing i don't quite understand is how can they charge 2200 for certain seats in the South Stand when a row or two in front/behind they are a grand cheaper - i know they're probably the best seats in the stand but still, a grand better?

Arent the people who can actually afford those seats still want value for money?

Odd as well when south stand is meant to be the one with atmosphere, a stereotype but people paying that money are unlikely to be the loudest fans around.

I have had my season ticket since the 1998/1999 season, if I renew this season I will have to make a cut somewhere else, probably at the very least give up my Sky Television subscription

I have had my season ticket since the 1998/1999 season, if I renew this season I will have to make a cut somewhere else, probably at the very least give up my Sky Television subscription

And another thing it means I am going to eat before the match or wait until after the match but there will be no chance of mean spending a penny at their rip of prices within the stadium. It will also mean I cannot afford to go for away matches now. I must say the future is looking a bit bleak from where I I will be sitting

Surely they would just have to add junior seating options in the current non-junior sections?

Would they seriously disregard the future of the club by neglecting junior members?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I’ve seen a few comments on twitter from people who are in say Phase 1 or 2 but because their son/daughter has (understandably) had a ST for a much shorter time, those people now have to wait for the latter phases if they want to get seats with their children.
I think the phasing system is ok. There needs to be some structure and no process is going to be perfect. But I do think the club should have made some allowance for the genuine reason behind the different number of years a parent and a child might have held a ST.
On the flip side, it may mean more junior tickets still being available when the later phases open up as longer term ST holders will have had to wait.

I’ve seen a few comments on twitter from people who are in say Phase 1 or 2 but because their son/daughter has (understandably) had a ST for a much shorter time, those people now have to wait for the latter phases if they want to get seats with their children.
I think the phasing system is ok. There needs to be some structure and no process is going to be perfect. But I do think the club should have made some allowance for the genuine reason behind the different number of years a parent and a child might have held a ST.
On the flip side, it may mean more junior tickets still being available when the later phases open up as longer term ST holders will have had to wait.
The person I sit next to has had one for one year longer so we are in different phases, we must have been on the cut off. Hopefully the scenarios you mention are for kids from WHL so they'd still be in one of the earlier phases and have a good chance of getting a seat. If they only got a ticket because Wembley opened up then it's a tough one but wouldn't be fair for them to queue jump a longer serving adult. I still feel the club would know the number of current juniors from the Wembley ST sales and could have held back the same number.

So only poor, jobless people are loud and passionate fans? Why is there such an tinkle poor atmosphere at Anfield then?

Scouser stereotypes aside, Anfield season tickets are hoarded by wealthy individuals, and traded on a well-established black market to tourists and a geographically dispersed fan base.

The person I sit next to has had one for one year longer so we are in different phases, we must have been on the cut off. Hopefully the scenarios you mention are for kids from WHL so they'd still be in one of the earlier phases and have a good chance of getting a seat. If they only got a ticket because Wembley opened up then it's a tough one but wouldn't be fair for them to queue jump a longer serving adult. I still feel the club would know the number of current juniors from the Wembley ST sales and could have held back the same number.

That’s the issue

Most who have commented have brought their kids tickets at Wembley abs they could finally get them

It wouldn’t be fair to bump them over someone whose an adult who has been going for say 9 years

Scouser stereotypes aside, Anfield season tickets are hoarded by wealthy individuals, and traded on a well-established black market to tourists and a geographically dispersed fan base.

There's a risk of that happening at Spurs as well depending on how the resale platform will work. Without any limitations people can sell off most games to pay for the ticket and just go to all the biggest league and cup games themselves. Especially if loyalty points are given out for simply listing it for sale.

There's a risk of that happening at Spurs as well depending on how the resale platform will work. Without any limitations people can sell off most games to pay for the ticket and just go to all the biggest league and cup games themselves. Especially if loyalty points are given out for simply listing it for sale.

Absolutely. The consequences of what happens when season tickets become an investment are pretty clear.

Anyone care to estimate how many seats there are in total in the blocks that allow junior tickets to be purchased?

It's most of the North, about half of the south, and some bits and bobs elsewhere.

I think that the high price of the season tickets will make it difficult to make a worthwhile profit via selling the tickets on.

I think that the high price of the season tickets will make it difficult to make a worthwhile profit via selling the tickets on.
I don't think he meant profit, perhaps he just meant "to pay for that match pretty much i.e. face value for that game so overall the season ticket cost is OK"

I reckon there will be a lot of fans keen to see the new stadium in the first year, so resale demand (prices) should be high in general, only 19 chances for league and fewer assuming the big games won't go to resale much

Back