• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Review, 2019-2020

To much of the optimism was tied into our new stadium with a lot of the Spurs fans .

With the new stadium costs rising, it was perhaps unrealistic to expect Levy for 3-4 big player signings on the back of our peak season 16-17, just as Liverpool did a couple of years back .. But, the reality of it all, that is what was needed and not, the no signings at all couple of transfer windows that we ended up with..

I'm thinking, if we don't see the changes required in the next 6 weeks , then a similar season to this season awaits... We will be in and around the 6th -10th positions struggling for the last EL qualifying position...The following season we will then fall back even further as Kane and Son look to be elsewhere...

Massive next few weeks for the club football wise.. Just hope Levy feels the same and gives Jose all the help he needs...

covi-D Minus

All hope left early and was replaced by back to the wall style counter attacking Which took any last joy of the game.

Utterly forgettable season .... Oh no we won’t be able to Amazon have documented It just to rub the salt into the wound.

To much of the optimism was tied into our new stadium with a lot of the Spurs fans .

With the new stadium costs rising, it was perhaps unrealistic to expect Levy for 3-4 big player signings on the back of our peak season 16-17, just as Liverpool did a couple of years back .. But, the reality of it all, that is what was needed and not, the no signings at all couple of transfer windows that we ended up with..

I'm thinking, if we don't see the changes required in the next 6 weeks , then a similar season to this season awaits... We will be in and around the 6th -10th positions struggling for the last EL qualifying position...The following season we will then fall back even further as Kane and Son look to be elsewhere...

Massive next few weeks for the club football wise.. Just hope Levy feels the same and gives Jose all the help he needs...

Not sure what the stadium has to do with anything at this stage mate .. Levy did give a few big players (Lo Celso, N'dombele, SB). Team and manager got stale, went into a death spiral, some fudging how we managed to stumble to a respectable (6th) finish without much else.

We will walk top 6 next season (we have been in top 4 form under Jose despite Hugo, Son, Kane, Lo Celso, Dele, N'dombele, Bergwijn injuries), top 4 will depend on what our competitors do and buy, in addition to how well we balance team and do with injuries.

What Covid has done is given us short term hurt, but might actually give us a longer term advantage (pretty much all the top sides except Scum need to update/rebuild their stadiums, no one is going to start that now, probably not for a couple more years, then time to build)

What Covid has done is given us short term hurt, but might actually give us a longer term advantage (pretty much all the top sides except Scum need to update/rebuild their stadiums, no one is going to start that now, probably not for a couple more years, then time to build)

I didn't think about it this way - you're right to a degree. However, Liverpool, City and Scum will probably be alright - it's just Chelsea who get shafted by the timing, and United to a lesser extent given the crumbling infrastructure at Old Trafford.

On the flipside, Spam might come out winners if the government is forced to sell the OS to them to recoup some of the COVID losses.

Not sure what the stadium has to do with anything at this stage mate .. Levy did give a few big players (Lo Celso, N'dombele, SB). Team and manager got stale, went into a death spiral, some fudging how we managed to stumble to a respectable (6th) finish without much else.

We will walk top 6 next season (we have been in top 4 form under Jose despite Hugo, Son, Kane, Lo Celso, Dele, N'dombele, Bergwijn injuries), top 4 will depend on what our competitors do and buy, in addition to how well we balance team and do with injuries.

I was alluding to the post peak season theory put forward by the OP where we didn't look to improve ourselves with real quality that summer and the subsequent transfer windows, contributing IMO to Poch's troubles and this awful season football wise ...

You're correct, Jose has done well points wise and I'm happy on that front.. 6th was no mean feat considering all things although the lock down came at a good time for us with the Kane, Sissoko and Sonny injuries ... The football has been awful for the most part thou..

My initial response to Jose's appointment was that he's not going to last with Levy - he's the anti Levy manager, its just not going to work... Although I've never really enjoyed watching his teams, I've always respected the winning mentality never say die approach.. I've never been one to dislike the man and IMO he now looks more relaxed than we have ever seen of him so fingers crossed, the Levy & Jose team works and we win a few pots in the coming seasons...

A disappointng season for many reasons, but to qualify for Europe at the end was a good achievement. Normally I would be looking forward to the next season but with the current uncertainty to attendance I've little enthusiasm for it, which is a shame as it will be my last season going to home games.

A disappointng season for many reasons, but to qualify for Europe at the end was a good achievement. Normally I would be looking forward to the next season but with the current uncertainty to attendance I've little enthusiasm for it, which is a shame as it will be my last season going to home games.

Yeah I hear you.. There's so much going on away from football and it's not good... I like to watch our Spurs to get away from all the trouble and strife going on and try to shut it out during the games...

Following all the off field goings ons, I just don't have much time for nowadays ...

Pretty good season review - Yidvids2 has said he won't be doing one for this season, apparently, so for now this is the best we get.

The fact that it starts on what already feels like the ending of a story is heartbreaking. Looking back, all those brave words from Poch after that CL final...it marked the end, more than a new beginning. An end to the story of the best man and manager we've had at the helm for 30 years. It just took another six months to finally bring down the curtain on a wonderful era.

Last edited:
Back