• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season expectations/predictions 2020/21

I don’t disagree with that analysis. Having said that I think it’s more about bottle and belief. Individual and collective guts, one person takes responsibility and drags the team forward and then collectively everyone takes responsibility. If 8 players play well you probably win the game. I can think of numerous examples of games we could have won to go top that we let slip through our fingers. Arsenal at home in 15/16 comes to mind. 2-1 up at home against 10 men and we draw the game, we were hanging on at the end too. That for me regardless of what anyone says was about bottle. Someone mentioned Burnley away too, another good example. United in the FA cup. That’s not to say we never win them but the absence of trophies points towards us losing more than we win.

I take your point about the bench. I feel more optimistic about nicking a trophy this year than the previous 2-3 years because of the window we’ve just had and mourinho’s knack of winning trophies.
Lack of leadership never helps
You need one player to take the game and the team by the proverbials and drive them on in the game.

Back