• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season expectations/predictions 2020/21

Going the whole PL season without a draw
Ok, have to revise my earlier expectation.

What a great transfer window we’ve had and would expect league cup and top 6.
4th and any cup would be great.

4th, any cup and doing the double over the scum would be perfect.

Yes, revising my expectations now too!

Should definitely be top 6 - no doubt whatsoever. Outside the top 6 could/should cost Mourinho his job.

Above that Liverpool and Man C have more settled teams and squads than us so we'd do well to finish above them. I think we have a better team and squad than Utd and Arsenal, on a par with Chelsea and whilst Leicester and Everton have bought well, we should be stronger than them too. Everton have no European distraction though.

So really should be in the mix for 3d or 4th. A cup would be nice too, but that depends on performances on given days, draws, luck etc

Yes, revising my expectations now too!

Should definitely be top 6 - no doubt whatsoever. Outside the top 6 could/should cost Mourinho his job.

Above that Liverpool and Man C have more settled teams and squads than us so we'd do well to finish above them. I think we have a better team and squad than Utd and Arsenal, on a par with Chelsea and whilst Leicester and Everton have bought well, we should be stronger than them too. Everton have no European distraction though.

So really should be in the mix for 3d or 4th. A cup would be nice too, but that depends on performances on given days, draws, luck etc

Upto now, the Jose factor is working, some decent draws so far.

If we get past Stoke and bag the winner of Brentford/Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the semis of the League I will truly believe he has that bit of luck with the draw

I think the top 3 will be City Liverpool and Chelsea, in that order with ourselves, United and Arsenal going for 4th and some way adrift of the top 3 positions - I'd probably put United as slight favourites ahead of us to get 4th, as we stand.

League Cup : City
FA Cup : Chelsea

Spurs:
PL : 5th
League Cup : out early doors
FA Cup : quarters
Europa League : quarters

Well since then we've had quite the impressive transfer window, which certainly causes a rethink for the seasons predictions.

League wise i think it looks like 6 in to 4 atm - with those teams being Liverpool, City, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and ourselves with it all to play for.

I think the window has left us with a strong squad capable of challenging all the way in the competitions we are in - i think comfortably top 4 should be the aim as well as semis/finals in the cup competitions

After all the signings we are in a much better position to win something, if they all settle well we could also have a run for the top four again.

Lot depends on the other top 6 sides as well.

- I could see Jose going hard for League Cup, get past Stoke and it's two games to trophy. It's the first trophy of season and could real mental boost to the end (February final)
- Europe, get out of group as winners, see what draw looks like, see how well you fare based on CL drop outs. (Round of 16 would be after League Cup final)
- PL is a marathon, stay in it as long as you can, take advantage of who fudges up, the shot at top 4 is there but we need two of Chelsea/United/Scum probably to have a less than great season.

I could see Jose going hard for League Cup, get past Stoke and it's two games to trophy. It's the first trophy of season and could real mental boost to the end (February final)

Withe the semi being only 1 leg it really is only a hop and a skip to the final. I have always hoped that our tenancy at Wembley might actually help us if we got there, a home from home feeling? (Probably not much advantage if we are playing City, Chelsea etc).
And as you say it's an early season final. A real shot in the arm to see us push on on other fronts.

We will end up giving up on top 4 (finishing 6th) and go all in on the Europa which we won't win.
We will go out in both domestic cup in away games.

Villa, Fulham and West Brom will go down

LIverpool will win the league unless they get injuries
City
Chelsea
United (with Poch after christmas)

I don't think Villa are going down

Anything less than top 4 is a failure. A cup is a bonus but long overdue.

I haven't changed my view. Our priority should be the PL, top four a must, winning the league might be possible if Liverpool and City continue to wobble.

I haven't changed my view. Our priority should be the PL, top four a must, winning the league might be possible if Liverpool and City continue to wobble.

Whatever we say publicly, top 4 would have been a goal for the club at start of season. Winning the league would be opportunistic, and must be played as such.

I do think Jose will risk a little more in the Cups (we saw it in Europa qualifiers)

Its over as far as I’m concerned, they might as well engrave our name on the trophy now.

Considering we came 6th last year it’s not unreasonable to expect 4th as a minimum imo. A cup would be great of course but I was thinking it’s hard to make that a minimum requirement due to the luck involved. Then thinking about it a little more that’s exactly the attitude we don’t want, I’m sure the other top clubs expect a cup this season so 4th and a cup it is! We actually have more chance of a cup with Europa rather than CL too.

Assuming players are careful and do not catch Covid, I fully expect top 4. EL will be tough, but not unreasonable. Semis at least. As for the rest of the cups, who gives a fvck.

Assuming players are careful and do not catch Covid, I fully expect top 4. EL will be tough, but not unreasonable. Semis at least. As for the rest of the cups, who gives a fvck.

Fans, players, the club? and it sends a message
- Top 4, EL semi and League Cup win is a huge statement
- Same result without the cup opens us to "players need to leave if they want to win something" or "nearly men" narrative again.

The narrative will forever shift until we win one of the big two and until we do we will always be 'nearly men'

Back