• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season expectations/predictions 2020/21

Would have to get lucky with draws in the early rounds as we're surely going to be rotating like mad early on?

Agree. Would need an easy run tbh, we’re not going to win any trophy with a rotated side. Hopefully we take one of the cups Very seriously.

Real worried about striking department. I dont think the squad will get top 3. Long battle for 4th spot - hopefully we get a forward to help out.

We only got 59 pts last season - our lowest since 2008. Over the last 6 seasons our average number of pts has been 72. Our target this season must be to get close to this and ideally to surpass it. How the other teams do is beyond our control (bar our fixtures with them) but always feels as if at least one of the top 6 has a terrible season and falls away - last year was us and Woolwich.

Cups will be the usual lottery - lets hope by 2nd October we're still in Europa and League Cup and then fate will play its part.

I'll stick my neck out and say this season can go one of two ways.

Scenario 1 - we sign a good backup striker that takes some of the massive burden off Kane, and we either get a fit, tigerish Ndombele or we dump the fat git and get an actual contributor in before the window shuts.

In that case, I'm going to go for 4th and a trophy - FA Cup or League Cup would do me fine. I think Mourinho will drag us over the line in that scenario, and we finish in the high 70s in terms of points, and break our drought.

Scenario 2 - we don't sign a backup striker/sign a crap striker, and Ndombele continues to be a fat waste of space at the club. In that case, I can see a slight improvement to roughly mid-60s in terms of points, which would leave us 5th or 6th. Jose will leave at the end of the season, followed by Kane, who really would deserve better at that point.

So, one of two ways, depending on how the window plays out.

I'll stick my neck out and say this season can go one of two ways.

Scenario 1 - we sign a good backup striker that takes some of the massive burden off Kane, and we either get a fit, tigerish Ndombele or we dump the fat git and get an actual contributor in before the window shuts.

In that case, I'm going to go for 4th and a trophy - FA Cup or League Cup would do me fine. I think Mourinho will drag us over the line in that scenario, and we finish in the high 70s in terms of points, and break our drought.

Scenario 2 - we don't sign a backup striker/sign a crap striker, and Ndombele continues to be a fat waste of space at the club. In that case, I can see a slight improvement to roughly mid-60s in terms of points, which would leave us 5th or 6th. Jose will leave at the end of the season, followed by Kane, who really would deserve better at that point.

So, one of two ways, depending on how the window plays out.
I think those scenarios are fairly conservative. We were more or less 4th under Mourinho last season with a ridiculous injury list. Assuming Hojbjerg, Doherty and a useful backup striker make some positive impact we should be able to replicate that. Will depend on the other teams as well of course.

Ndombele or a replacement would be a massive boost on that again...

Of course there's always the scenario where everything goes pear-shaped... Rather not think about that today.

I think those scenarios are fairly conservative. We were more or less 4th under Mourinho last season with a ridiculous injury list. Assuming Hojbjerg, Doherty and a useful backup striker make some positive impact we should be able to replicate that. Will depend on the other teams as well of course.

Of course there's always the scenario where everything goes pear-shaped... Rather not think about that today.
I think an interesting element to what w shave done is spend little but improve the starting 11 quite a bit. Which by default lifts the squad level somewhat

A few wildcards in dele, Dier, fernandes and to a lesser degree tanganga. Hopefully Jose can get them all playing to their potential as soon as possible.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yes there's definitely an element of certain players potentially lifting us or falling back into their groove.

If Dier can really cement himself as a leader and rock at CH.

Dele getting his groove back (15 goals 15 assists?)

Tanganga really building on his promise so not to be a step down when selected over another starter.

Lamela being available for 80% if games

There is definitely a player in Gedson, but I'm not sure what his best position is, but he c.ould be a good squad option not that that will be good enough reason to buy at the end of season (at the price quoted)

Bergwijn building on the promise he showed (he's good individually and as a team player)

And the biggest is Ndombele....could literally elevate our season beyond expectations....chances of it happening though ...10%

Fair enough re: not thinking about it, but it's started to go pear-shaped. For one reason - while we may have improved somewhat, other teams have improved considerably. We played one of them today - they gave zero bricks about net spend, and went out and bought James, Allan and Doucoure before any major sales. All of them outplayed and outclassed our midfield today.

While for us, we will always, always be limited as long as that utterly cowardly bald clam is in charge, as part of the Cheap and Cheaper duo. Parsimony personified, scraping signings here and there, always stuck to net spend, always cheaping out, 'never getting into bidding wars'....having an arse-licking clam like Steve Hitchen in charge of our scouting who 'hates' the January window despite it being one of the two opportunities per year for him to do his f*cking job.

I don't expect miracles this season, nor do I expect disasters. I do expect that we will improve on last season. But other teams around us have improved, and will keep on improving, year after year, because they simply spend more than us. It used to be applicable to Liverpool, City and Chelsea - now it is applicable to Everton, Leicester, Wolves and Arsenal as well as the above.

To compete with one hand effectively tied behind our back requires us to win out on the right players and the right manager, season after season after season. And inevitably, we can't keep doing that. We're seeing it now. And where once we had a world-leading analytics team to sign players and were the 5th-most desirable destination in the country, we now have Steve Hitchen in charge and are maybe the 8th most desirable. Our staffing no longer seems good enough to compensate for the innate disadvantage of having Levy and Lewis around.

So, yeah, I highly doubt we'll pull up trees this season. A motivated Ndombele and a capable backup to Kane, and, provided Mourinho isn't a spent force, we'll do reasonably well. If not, we will fail.

Changing my league position guess.

Think top 5 is beyond us. Between us, Wolves, Leicester and Everton for 6th-9th

Fair enough re: not thinking about it, but it's started to go pear-shaped. For one reason - while we may have improved somewhat, other teams have improved considerably. We played one of them today - they gave zero bricks about net spend, and went out and bought James, Allan and Doucoure before any major sales. All of them outplayed and outclassed our midfield today.

While for us, we will always, always be limited as long as that utterly cowardly bald clam is in charge, as part of the Cheap and Cheaper duo. Parsimony personified, scraping signings here and there, always stuck to net spend, always cheaping out, 'never getting into bidding wars'....having an arse-licking clam like Steve Hitchen in charge of our scouting who 'hates' the January window despite it being one of the two opportunities per year for him to do his f*cking job.

I don't expect miracles this season, nor do I expect disasters. I do expect that we will improve on last season. But other teams around us have improved, and will keep on improving, year after year, because they simply spend more than us. It used to be applicable to Liverpool, City and Chelsea - now it is applicable to Everton, Leicester, Wolves and Arsenal as well as the above.

To compete with one hand effectively tied behind our back requires us to win out on the right players and the right manager, season after season after season. And inevitably, we can't keep doing that. We're seeing it now. And where once we had a world-leading analytics team to sign players and were the 5th-most desirable destination in the country, we now have Steve Hitchen in charge and are maybe the 8th most desirable. Our staffing no longer seems good enough to compensate for the innate disadvantage of having Levy and Lewis around.

So, yeah, I highly doubt we'll pull up trees this season. A motivated Ndombele and a capable backup to Kane, and, provided Mourinho isn't a spent force, we'll do reasonably well. If not, we will fail.
Everton have no one to sell
Their players that are worth anything the ain’t selling and the ones they would they will keep
Their backed by Usmanov in everything but name and he will happily spend money.
All the clubs you rightly mention have three things we don’t.
Low wage bills compared to ours (although Everton’s has rocketed)
No debts
Rich benefactors who are actually putting their money into the clubs or for this with low wages spending the excess on transfers
We on the other hand don’t have a pot to tinkle in as our fixed costs (wages and debt) are roughly on par with the TV and commercial income we get... and yet spurs fans complain we dont pay high enough wages
So as I’ve said before, where is the ,Indy gonna come from go fund the players we clearly need ?

Very excited about our new signings also the progress i have seen in the last 3/4 games. i see no reason why we should not win something this season.

We have a big enough squad to take ALL comps serious now so no more sending out weak sides and picking games.

League wise I’d be disappointed with anything lower than 4th. Can see us finishing anywhere between 3rd - 7th depending on injuries and fixtures. A trophy has to be the main aim IMO. I don’t care what trophy it is. Been too long since we won something. This is assuming we sign a CB though. I think we’ll come unstuck long term with Dier and Sanchez.

Back