• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season expectations/predictions 2020/21

ricky2tricky4city

Tom Huddlestone
Right fellas 3hrs until this sh.itshow of a season starts.......what do we all think ???

Top 6
Liverpool
Emirates Marketing Project
Chelsea
Man Utd
Us
Arsenal

Relegated
West Ham
West Brom
Brighton

Spurs
PL 5th
EL rnd32
Fa Cup winners
Lge Cup 5th round

I'll be honest, I still think we've got a lot of shifting/chopping/changing to do before we look like anything decent (relative to where we want to be) and have any kind of recognisable pattern of play or structure that looks like pushing us to new heights. Much of last season was hindered by the ridiculous injury situation that stalled any progress on this front.

Because imo there is still much to do on this front, being in the EL is this year's bogey man, fixture pile up (and I pray not injuries with it) will be a hindrance to the work Jose wants to do. It's not hard to envisage Jose chagrin when this comes to pass.

And we then have the knock on from that. Will Jose start to revert to his ugly end game and will our best players want to stay if we fail to achieve CL again? We could be staring down the barrel.

As you can see I'm a little pessimistic:) I just think we c.ould of done with just a 38 lge game and domestic cups seasons this year. More space to breathe, keep the special one 'off tilt' and sorted our sh.it out.

Edit: i did say we'd win the FA cup:)

Last edited:
Top 6
Liverpool
Tottenham
Chelsea
Manure
Everton

Relegated
Fulham
West Brom
West Ham

Spurs
PL 3rd
FA cup final
CC knocked out early
EL semi final

Looking forward to it as always!
Never bother about predictions
Football is so much nicer without fans!

I think the top 3 will be City Liverpool and Chelsea, in that order with ourselves, United and Arsenal going for 4th and some way adrift of the top 3 positions - I'd probably put United as slight favourites ahead of us to get 4th, as we stand.

League Cup : City
FA Cup : Chelsea

Spurs:
PL : 5th
League Cup : out early doors
FA Cup : quarters
Europa League : quarters

Top 6
Us
City
United
Chelsea
Everton
Liverpool

Relegated
Leeds
West Brom
West Ham

Spurs
PL 1st
FA Cup Out 3rd round
League Cup Winners
EL QF’s

Here we go. I in an optimistic mood so think we'll win something given Jose's record

Top 6
Liverpool
Chelsea
Manure
Tottenham
Arsenal

Relegated
Fulham
West Brom
Brigton

Spurs
PL 5th
FA quarters
CC semis
EL winners

We will end up giving up on top 4 (finishing 6th) and go all in on the Europa which we won't win.
We will go out in both domestic cup in away games.

Villa, Fulham and West Brom will go down

LIverpool will win the league unless they get injuries
City
Chelsea
United (with Poch after christmas)

Won't be dull, that's a given.
Dont expect top four but can see Jose going all out in the FA Cup and europa lge.
Get that monkey off our back and push on from there.

COYS

Oh, don't give a flying fudge what the rest of them do.

CIty - My favs for the league
Liverpool - They won't have the same intensity (or luck!) as last season, 2nd or 3rd
Chelsea - Not sure, dark horses for me.
Tottenham - Top 4
Man U - So lucky with decisions, surely can't continue.
Arse - Worse than everyone is expecting, not even top 6

Leeds - Relation battlers
West Ham - Possible relegation.
West Brom - Bottom
---

Can't see us winning the Europa, perhaps the League Cup if we prioritise it.

Top 6
Liverpool
City
Chelsea
Us
Utd
Everton

Relegated
West Ham
West Brom
"West" Fulham

Us
PL 4th
EL Qtrs
FAC Qtrs
CC Last 32

Can't see us winning anything this season, top 3 too far ahead of us at the moment and it will be tight between us and Utd for 4th. Everton and Arsenal will be sniffing around for 4th but will ultimately dwindle off to fnish 6th and 7th respectively. Spammers to get relegated along with 2 of the promoted sides, Leeds will do a "Bournemouth" for a couple of seasons finishing a couple of places above the relegation zone before getting relegated.

For me CL has to be the must by whatever route
The team and squad is better balanced now we have a right back
The team also know how Jose works which is a BIG thing with a a manager like him
The fixtures won’t help but they rarely ever do now

For me CL has to be the must by whatever route

Absolutely. My fear is, although two routes logically says twice the chance, the extra fixture load could easily equally detract from our chances in each comp.

The team and squad is better balanced now we have a right back
I think he'll be better than Aurier but better balanced, not really?
The team also know how Jose works which is a BIG thing with a a manager like him
A load of them were staring out from the treatment centre for a large part of Jose's time, if you meant structure,tactics, formations...they'd of missed a load of that as Jose was coping with stringing an 11 together.

The fixtures won’t help but they rarely ever do now

The europeless Chelsea and Leicester seasons would say otherwise.

Absolutely. My fear is, although two routes logically says twice the chance, the extra fixture load could easily equally detract from our chances in each comp.

I think he'll be better than Aurier but better balanced, not really?

A load of them were staring out from the treatment centre for a large part of Jose's time, if you meant structure,tactics, formations...they'd of missed a load of that as Jose was coping with stringing an 11 together.

The europeless Chelsea and Leicester seasons would say otherwise.
The players had sessions with jose whilst injured. He doesn’t just leave them to do nothing football related

Good job nearly every decent side is in Europe enemy season

An other tough year, should be good enough to be in top 6 any higher depends on how the other perform. Believe fa cup our best chance of trophy as schedule will ease.

Top 6
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. United

Relegated
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
West Ham
Brighton

Spurs