• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season 2013/2014 predictions

Because they are not good enough to mount a challenge for the title or win a trophy except the capital one cup at a push. They have a big advantage when it comes to the league from March onwards as they are out of all the cups, whilst us and some of the other teams are still in some/all of the other cups.

I do think with that motivation though they'll mount a challenge for the first few months (like I have put in my predictions). I do think they'll finish above us and people will still complain on how we can't finish above Arsenal despite having a better squad, not realising the reason they finish above us is Wenger, the mentality they have and the style of football they play.

I do think with that motivation though they'll mount a challenge for the first few months (like I have put in my predictions). I do think they'll finish above us and people will still complain on how we can't finish above Arsenal despite having a better squad, not realising the reason they finish above us is Wenger, the mentality they have and the style of football they play.

They haven't significantly improved their squad at all. Chelsea have the best manager now, Emirates Marketing Project will be dangerous and United will be up there despite everybody writing them off. I think scum will follow the same pattern as they did last season.

As for why they finish above us, agree on all counts, the have a style of play and a never say die mentality that will win them more points than we can achieve proven otherwise.

Top 4
1 Chelsea
2 Man Utd
3 Emirates Marketing Project
4 Spurs

Relegation
18 Aston Villa
19 Crystal Palace
20 Hull

Spurs Bits
Top scorer - Bale
Biggest surprise - Huddlestone
Biggest flop - Danny Rose

Other things to happen
Jesus Navas will be one the biggest flops of the season.
Mark Hughes will be the first manager to leave/be sacked.
Josie Altidore will scrore less than 10 goals
Liverpool's defence will fall apart
Rooney will transfer to Chelsea
John Terry will get into another scandal

What do you mean the style of football? I wouldn't swap any of their players with ours

they could take one player out, put another in and play the same way. It's engraved into their whole system. I remember a few years back when we played them in the Carling Cup, we looked like a team full of strangers because we have no system, just individually good footballers.

Why are so many people thinking Navas will flop? I think he'll be brilliantly effective for city

they could take one player out, put another in and play the same way. It's engraved into their whole system. I remember a few years back when we played them in the Carling Cup, we looked like a team full of strangers because we have no system, just individually good footballers.

Very good analysis. Look how we struggle when Bale or Lennon gets injured.

I cannot make an informed prediction until the transfer window shuts - then we must re thread the predictions in February after the second transfer window closes.

If Bale stays - Spurs for a 3rd place finish.

Why are so many people thinking Navas will flop? I think he'll be brilliantly effective for city

I am afraid it is wishful thinking a bit... he is a cracking player, and I fear may take City up a level as they always struggled with genuine pace/width under Mancini.

Re: glory-glory Prediction League

Tottenham 3rd
Chelsea 4th
united 2nd
city 1st
COYS

Bumping this back onto the first page considering it is almost deadline day. I would imagine that people might want to amend slightly the predictions they have made!

Mods, any chance that this season we can have this thread stickied so that it is fresh in the mind and easily found when searching for it?

Honestly think we might still be fighting for 4th/5th spot in the League...this season. Have a feeling we will take time to really click, but when we do, well who knows.
Think we may well finish the season strong.

Can see us going further in the Europa League. Possibly a final appearance this season. FA Cup will depend on our luck in the draws. Have a hunch we are going to get a bitch of a 3rd round draw this time around

Bumping this back onto the first page considering it is almost deadline day. I would imagine that people might want to amend slightly the predictions they have made!

Mods, any chance that this season we can have this thread stickied so that it is fresh in the mind and easily found when searching for it?

still quite happy with mine, the only thing I would change is adding QPR to the promoted teams list in place of Leeds

Top 4 Predicitons

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Spurs

I honestly think Utd are going to struggle in what is very much a season of transition for them.

Last edited:
Champions: Chelsea, because they're ****s

2nd/3rd/4th: Tottenham, City, ****

Spurs finishing position: 2nd

Premier League top scorer: van Persie

Spurs top scorer: Soldado

Relegated: Crystal P, Hull, Sunderland

Promoted from Championship: QPR, Wigan, Forest

Relegated from Championship: Yeovil, Millwall, Doncaster (or Bolton if they don't sack their manager soon)

League 1 winner: Wolves

League 2 winner: Chesterfield

FA Cup winner: Chelsea

Capital One Cup winner: Emirates Marketing Project

Champions League winner: Barcelona

Europa League winner: One of the CL losers

First PL manager to get sacked/resign: Pardew

Player of the season: van Persie

Flop player of the season: Fernandinho

Back