• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

So am I right in saying the Paulinho purchase has basically now been paid for by the Caulker/Huddlestone/Parker give or take £1m?
Net spend currently around the £40-£42m mark?

Soldado - 26m
Paulinho - 17m
Chadli - 7.5m
Capoue - 7m
Total out: 57.5m

Caulker - 8m
Dempsey - 6m
Parker - 3m
Huddlestone - 5m
GDS (sell on) - 3m
Total in: 25m

Net spend: 32.5m

Obviously all numbers are approximate. The press don't seem to know whether Dempsey was sold for 5, 6 or 7m. And the Parker fee is just something I read on twitter; GHod knows how accurate it is.

I make that five London clubs that he has played for, can anyone think of anyone who has played for more?

Soldado - 26m
Paulinho - 17m
Chadli - 7.5m
Capoue - 7m
Total out: 57.5m

Caulker - 8m
Dempsey - 6m
Parker - 3m
Huddlestone - 5m
GDS (sell on) - 3m
Total in: 25m

Net spend: 32.5m

Obviously all numbers are approximate. The press don't seem to know whether Dempsey was sold for 5, 6 or 7m. And the Parker fee is just something I read on twitter; GHod knows how accurate it is.

That's pretty close to what I have.

We ended the Summer 2012 transfer window with a surplus of £14,603,000 from player trading...

A4947_zpscf3717e2.jpg

...the purchase of Zeki Fryers and Lewis Holtby in January 2013 cost us £4,500,000, which gave us a surplus of £10,103,000 going into the Summer 2013 window...

A4949_zpse5a14096.jpg

...The net spend so far this summer has been £34,850,000, less the previous balance of £10,103,000 and the £3,000,000 received from the Dos Santos sell-on clause.

So I make that a grand total spent on transfers of £21,747,000.

We still have a few players who might be moved-on for decent money (Assou-Ekotto, Adebayor and Gomes to name just three), but in the meantime, Spurs have four new players who will certainly feature in first team squads (Soldado, Capoue, Paulinho and Chadli) for an average outlay of around £5,500,000 each.

Last edited:
Hey THFC6061, just to let you know that you have Parker's fee in there twice (once to QPR and once to Fulham). Won't distort the figures by much, but worth correcting.

Hey THFC6061, just to let you know that you have Parker's fee in there twice (once to QPR and once to Fulham). Won't distort the figures by much, but worth correcting.

Cheers - I must have jumped the gun when I heard that Harry was interested!

Thanks for everything Scotty. Always in our hearts.

His first season with us was immense. Ran his socks off and blocked everything.

Seems like he never really got back to his best after his injury.

ONE SCOTTY PARKER

Thanks for everything Scotty. Always in our hearts.

His first season with us was immense. Ran his socks off and blocked everything.

Seems like he never really got back to his best after his injury.

ONE SCOTTY PARKER

A warhorse of a player. Had one great season for us and then fell foul to the power of the Beast.

Cheers Scotty - good luck for the rest of your career.

Good luck to him, like a few players in recent times, he was exactly what we needed at that point.

Gave his all, may his remaining football years be kind to him.

Can't believe Parker is only 32 now. He seems to be around for very long time. Too bad he failed to score any goals during his 50 matches in 2 seasons for us. I think he played well for us when he was partnering Modric in midfield.

Can't believe Parker is only 32 now. He seems to be around for very long time. Too bad he failed to score any goals during his 50 matches in 2 seasons for us. I think he played well for us when he was partnering Modric in midfield.

He came so close too. Think the closest was a Europa League game in which, faced with an open goal, his shot struck Holtby, I think, who was laying on the floor.

I'm not a huge fan of his. I don't think he should have been Player of the Year. I do, however, appreciate that he worked hard for us and he has had some good games. So, to Mr Parker, may he have an excellent career for Fulham, starting with a performance which helps Fulham to a 6-0 Premiership victory in their next game.

Back