• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Brilliant news. Can't wait to see him back. Parker/Dembele/Sandro might not scream goals but it shouts solidarity. Plus I'm sure they'll chip in like Dembele and Sandro have this year as well as having Dempsey/Defoe/Lennon/Bale/Ade/Sigurdsson to score..

Scott Parker is close to a Tottenham comeback.

The England midfield dynamo has missed the entire season to date after he suffered a setback while recovering from an Achilles tendon injury.

Parker postponed surgery until after England had finished their European Championship campaign last summer.

But he encountered more problems and was initially ruled out until Christmas.

However, he has been back in full training for almost two weeks with no ill-effects.

The combative midfielder is now set to be back in the first-team picture at least two weeks before the Christmas programme.

He could even make the bench for the Europa League match against Panathinaikos at White Hart Lane on Thursday.

But manager Andre Villas-Boas will not rush the 32-year-old back into action prematurely.

He wants to install Parker’s competitive fire in central midfield as soon as possible as the bite the England man brings has been missing this season.

But Villas-Boas will take his time and does not want his midfield general to suffer another setback that will prolong his absence.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scott-parker-closes-in-on-making-tottenham-1467561
Great news (I think :-k).

Just wondering about the Mirror's source for all that guff about easing him back in. Is it from the horse's mouth or simply made up.

That would be idiotic.

We have Sandro and Dembele who are both defensive midfielders. We also have Huddlestone who plays deeper than the sort of midfielder AVB needs to put alongside a holder. So we have four players in the squad and only really need one in the team at any given time. I think for now we'll play Dembele and Sandro in the same team (and if AVB wants to be defensive he may keep that pairing with a Lampard style midfielder alongside them) but even then we only need Huddlestone OR Parker. I personally think AVB will try and bring someone new in and Huddlestone and Parker will either be gone in January or the Summer.

We have Sandro and Dembele who are both defensive midfielders. We also have Huddlestone who plays deeper than the sort of midfielder AVB needs to put alongside a holder. So we have four players in the squad and only really need one in the team at any given time. I think for now we'll play Dembele and Sandro in the same team (and if AVB wants to be defensive he may keep that pairing with a Lampard style midfielder alongside them) but even then we only need Huddlestone OR Parker. I personally think AVB will try and bring someone new in and Huddlestone and Parker will either be gone in January or the Summer.

Disagree with that, Dembele is a totally different player then either Sandro or Parker and as for Hudd he will be lucky to be more then a bench player once Parker returns, and as i have said before he will not be here next season.

Disagree with that, Dembele is a totally different player then either Sandro or Parker and as for Hudd he will be lucky to be more then a bench player once Parker returns, and as i have said before he will not be here next season.

Dembele does have a different style, but plays the same role in my view. Carrick and Alonso have different styles to Dembele, Parker and Sandro but also play the same position for example.

Dembele does have a different style, but plays the same role in my view. Carrick and Alonso have different styles to Dembele, Parker and Sandro but also play the same position for example.

What's your definition for "role" here?

Do you agree that we normally use two players in the deep midfield position these days?

Would be a massive boost to see Parker on the bench on Thursday, even better if we get the chance to give him a 20min runout

Not saying I think we should sell him, but I did hear him mentioned as a target, along with Dawson, for QPR in January. I can see it being tempting for Levy; older player, pretty high wages, injury issues and a chance to cash in on him. Not unlike the VDV sale. We do have Sandro, who probably starts ahead of Parker in most games but after that it is Livermore or Huddlestone.

Not saying I think we should sell him, but I did hear him mentioned as a target, along with Dawson, for QPR in January. I can see it being tempting for Levy; older player, pretty high wages, injury issues and a chance to cash in on him. Not unlike the VDV sale. We do have Sandro, who probably starts ahead of Parker in most games but after that it is Livermore or Huddlestone.

If we do sell him we have to sign someone else in my opinion, can't have only one proper defensive midfielder in the squad.

Sorry but if we are going to sell him do it in the summer. He was our best player last year and we should be wanting him back asap not wanting to sell him.

AVB's decisions not to rush players back after injury is fantastic. As much as I wanted Dembele for the derby, it was smart to bring him back over a few games. Great to hear he will adopt a similar approach with Parker...

I want Parker fit, fit, fit.
I feel he won't be a major player for Spurs but I felt the same about Defoe so I hope AVB can prove us doubters wrong.

I agree. I don't want to sell him in January, but I can see Levy thinking he has maximum leverage if QPR/Arry want him in an attempt to stay in the Prem.

If we do sell him we have to sign someone else in my opinion, can't have only one proper defensive midfielder in the squad.

I guess we have Jake though his outings this season have not been brilliant, compared to last anyway.

The way I see it myself is that for our midfield pair it is one of Sandro/Parker/Livermore and one of Dembele/Thudd/Carroll, and in that order. We could however see a switch to a proper 3 man midfield if Moutinho were to appear on the scene.

I guess we have Jake though his outings this season have not been brilliant, compared to last anyway.

The way I see it myself is that for our midfield pair it is one of Sandro/Parker/Livermore and one of Dembele/Thudd/Carroll, and in that order. We could however see a switch to a proper 3 man midfield if Moutinho were to appear on the scene.

think that avb has decided that livermore isn't up to due to his lack of involvement recently. hudd and carroll are better options.

personally all this talk of selling Parker is madness. Why would we entertain such a stupid idea. clearly a great player to have available and could add some fresh steel over the coming busy period and the second half of the season

Back