• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro

Why Sandro leaves English football having failed to fulfil the potential he showed at Tottenham

I find myself agreeing with most of that article. He settled very quickly and looked to have a great future without the injuries.
Thanks, interesting article. Particularly this bit "Sandro damaged knee ligaments in January 2013 in a match at Queens Park Rangers and, in truth, was never the same player again."

I remember that moment, he stretched for a nothing ball on the half way line, a stupid challenge trying to stretch his leg beyond the flexibility most people possess. Perhaps it is because of all his kick-boxing moves in the changing room, he felt his leg could go anywhere and do anything. Needless to say he crumpled to the floor and I thought, "that's that then son, career damaging ligament rupture, game over for you" and twas thusly thus.

Thanks, interesting article. Particularly this bit "Sandro damaged knee ligaments in January 2013 in a match at Queens Park Rangers and, in truth, was never the same player again."

I remember that moment, he stretched for a nothing ball on the half way line, a stupid challenge trying to stretch his leg beyond the flexibility most people possess. Perhaps it is because of all his kick-boxing moves in the changing room, he felt his leg could go anywhere and do anything. Needless to say he crumpled to the floor and I thought, "that's that then son, career damaging ligament rupture, game over for you" and twas thusly thus.

That was his problem, his decision making wasn't the best, he played with his heart not his head.

That injury came in the season that Bale earned his £85m price tag, and even though his best form came in the second half of the season, the fact that Sandro was most people's pick for our player of the year up to the point of his injury speaks volumes. He'd become the best DM in the league. The injuries ruined him though and his career seems to have taken a downward trajectory since that major one against QPR.

Nevertheless, I always loved The Beast as a cult hero. His Instagram message to Charlie Adam was brilliant and I saw him in the Paxton End once after we'd beaten Arsenal in the NLD, he was injured but came to watch the game with the fans!

Proper gent and was a great player

That season he was injured in (referred to above) I had a box for the last game. We hit absolutely smashed andnaanddo came by right at the end as he was walking to the players area to do the lap of honour. I hijacked him and got him in our box and gave him a beer

Cant believe he is only 31. Another with bad injuries.

Was watching a show the other day and it said American football players only last 3 years because of injuries. Beginning to wonder if it is the same with defensive midfielders.

We sure seem to get through them quick.

Loved the man, after so many years of having a brick-soft midfield, suddenly he put some steel in. Proper midfielder, proper tackles, great guy.

Do miss our guitar playing beast and only just realised that’s Lucas Moura stood next to him during this song!

Sandrooo
SANDROOO
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR'S BRAZILLIAN YIDDOOOOO

Loved his vibe
Loved his spirit
Loved his effort

Was sad he did not become a ledge with us, although definitely counts as a cult ledge!

A rare breed of personality and ability, such a shame that our dm’s seem to be going the way of Spinal tap drummers.

Would love to see him back as a half time guest.

One of my favourite off the pitch moments:

E4A4531F-BEBC-46DC-8D53-795F1C12262C.jpeg

A rare breed of personality and ability, such a shame that our dm’s seem to be going the way of Spinal tap drummers.

Would love to see him back as a half time guest.

One of my favourite off the pitch moments:

View attachment 8791

It was a shame that we lost so many good players in that part of the team. Sandro, Palacios,Wanyama. They all faded ( for various reasons).

It was a shame that we lost so many good players in that part of the team. Sandro, Palacios,Wanyama. They all faded ( for various reasons).[/QUOTE

I think the pace of the game is hard on this type of player and contact with muscular player at speed takes it toll along with not many players tackling properly, diving in recklessly is not the way to tackle.

It was a shame that we lost so many good players in that part of the team. Sandro, Palacios,Wanyama. They all faded ( for various reasons).
Palacios was a really sad story.
At various times all 3 were excellent for us, you could even add Dembele and Dier’s demise, again not down to one bad 50 / 50 but still losing players who had become key the centre of park. Even winks hasn’t been the same imo, since he had an injury caused by fudging water bottles.
Maybe Ndombele is the antithesis, comes in injured so can only get better!

Palacios was a really sad story.
At various times all 3 were excellent for us, you could even add Dembele and Dier’s demise, again not down to one bad 50 / 50 but still losing players who had become key the centre of park. Even winks hasn’t been the same imo, since he had an injury caused by fudging water bottles.
Maybe Ndombele is the antithesis, comes in injured so can only get better!

It does seem we are cursed in that part of the pitch.

Back