• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro Ramirez

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
Looks like there's some legs to this story, so probably worth a thread of his own.

Deal rumoured to be £3m with a buy-back or £7.5m outright - Barca want the former, we want the later. Possibly close though, as he was left out of Barca's last squad on Wednesday, and then tweeted yesterday about getting a flight.

Anyone seen much of him? His youtube video looks as though he's a proper CF (not another WF). He looks fairly well built and his apparently known for his high energy/mobility, so maybe a good Kane back-up?

Yeah if we really are interested in him, I'd be shocked if we didn't just pay the 8 mil buy out instead of 3mil with buy back option....

Said it before but I do think that he'll be a Spurs player within a week or so. He fits the sort of player we'd go for, is cheap and then there's the fact he was left out of the Barca squad and his tweet....

What was the tweet?

Sandro Ramirez‏@sandroramirez9 27 Dec 2015

Barcelona
2708.png
Vuelta al trabajo
1f4aa-1f3fc.png

The second bit translates as "back to work"

Obligatory, looks handy. Certainly his attributes align well with what we're after seemingly.

He seems too short and slight to be a Kane back-up: we already have N'Jie as our nippy inside forward, and both Chadli and Son are significantly taller than this guy.

Isn't he rather diminutive to play the Kane role?

What role is that though?

Kane does not play as a target man. We don't play high balls towards him to get knock downs and flick ons. Neither is he required to do much holding up of the ball. We either counter at pace or build from the back.

What role is that though?

Kane does not play as a target man. We don't play high balls towards him to get knock downs and flick ons. Neither is he required to do much holding up of the ball. We either counter at pace or build from the back.

He does hold the ball up quite a bit. Plays a very important role when we get put under pressure, both when we have to clear it and when we are forced to play it long under pressure from the back.

He's a target for crosses and has scored some nice headed goals. Probably you're right about knock downs and flick ons, but I think he's still a threat from those kinds of situations and it benefits us.

He definitely bullies defenders a bit with his strength. Though I suppose skill and pace could often cause problems in those situations.

Will be rather short on physicality at the front if we replaced Kane with a striker like Sandro Ramirez or Berahino I think. Though there would be other benefits I would still like to see another tall strong striker option at the club.

I still think we need a tricky striker.

Son?

Isn't he rather diminutive to play the Kane role?

He seems too short and slight to be a Kane back-up: we already have N'Jie as our nippy inside forward, and both Chadli and Son are significantly taller than this guy.

I think some of those height stats (5'9") and videos of him skinny are out-of-date now. In the latter ones he's usually the tallest player in the picture and has really bulked out a lot.

We all used to say Kane was too weedy back in his Orient/Millwall/Norwich/Leicester days

Ramirez definitely looks like a proper CF, not a WF like Berahino

Son?

I think some of those height stats (5'9") and videos of him skinny are out-of-date now. In the latter ones he's usually the tallest player in the picture and has really bulked out a lot.

We all used to say Kane was too weedy back in his Orient/Millwall/Norwich/Leicester days

Son is not tricky imo. I mean someone Sanchez, Aguero, Hazard type tricky.

Son?

About the same height as Booby Smith, he use to lead the line well.

Back