• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

250 - Sandro made 250 tackles for Tottenham in the Premier League; more than any other player for the club since his PL debut. Crunch.

BwejEUwCcAAaH7v.jpg

Oh dear... I can't help myself, I'm actually as sad as if someone has just died :(
Thanks for everything you've done for Spurs, Sandro - will always support you as a player.

Bizarre. For me he was the first name on the teamsheet after Loris. I have watched Spurs a long long time, and it is such a refreshing change to have a midfielder who is HARD and can tackle. Tackling has virtually disappeared from football (though Dier maybe has a tackle in him). One or two sophisticated guys on here reckon he doesn't fit Poch's system. We'll see where we end up, but imo QPR are now much much stronger, and we are significantly weaker. Utterly bizarre. Harry has just bought himself one heck of a player.

One thing that has gone out of the game are characters, players who feel like fans. Sandro was one of the few, and also who would put the boot in on the pitch. So I am gutted to see him go.

But it's the right move, for him and us. And QPR, they've picked up exactly the sort of player they need to take a gamble on. Sandro needs to try and resurrect his career, it's not going to happen at THFC so sometimes you have to step down to step up.

Sadly, we won't miss him. When was his last memorable game? When he was the difference? It's all very well remembering the Sani Siro. So should be chasing Palacios and not Schneiderlin?

Sandro will be missed as a man but, with Lord Sugar regret, this is a move forward for the club.

Sad to see him go, but we don't know what goes on within the club. They obviously think it's the right decision.

Hope he plays well against us when we play them away as he deserves to show us what we are letting go though.

Farewell the beast.

Shame to see him go however we didnt need both him and Capoue in teh squad. from the youtube clips (I know, I know) Stambouli looks a lot better on the ball than Sandro so cant help feel this makes snese

Also, the skysports article says that Sandro made 60 starts in his time at Spurs, thats in 4 years. Quite a telling stat and probably part explains why he's been sold

One thing that has gone out of the game are characters, players who feel like fans. Sandro was one of the few, and also who would put the boot in on the pitch. So I am gutted to see him go.

But it's the right move, for him and us. And QPR, they've picked up exactly the sort of player they need to take a gamble on. Sandro needs to try and resurrect his career, it's not going to happen at THFC so sometimes you have to step down to step up.

Sadly, we won't miss him. When was his last memorable game? When he was the difference? It's all very well remembering the Sani Siro. So should be chasing Palacios and not Schneiderlin?

Sandro will be missed as a man but, with Lord Sugar regret, this is a move forward for the club.

Agreed, and well put

unfortunately if poch has a bad season, I cant see him living this transfer down. Selling the fans favourite in your 1st season is always dangerous, especially if your transfers brought in don't work.

As I've already said, I think this is a big mistake. But it is still sobering to realise he barely played 100 games in the four years he's been with us. If he puts his injury troubles behind him and becomes the Sandro of old, this will have been a massive screw-up on the part of the Spurs management. On the other hand, we might be thinking "well, at least we got £10m quid for him, that was shrewd business" if he fails to fully recover his previous form.

Back