• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Oh, so he HAS joined Stoke...:oops:

...now he has, i wish the player well (apart from when Stoke play us, obviously), i think Peace and Pulis treated him like sh!t and i hope he at least does well to at least stick it to those two sh!tbags. I'd love it if Stoke now finish above West Brom.

I don't see what West Brom did wrong - they just held him to the contract he willingly signed. Like we did with Modric and should have done with Berbatov. Everyone should applaud clubs that resist aggressive and unwanted approaches.

I don't see what West Brom did wrong - they just held him to the contract he willingly signed. Like we did with Modric and should have done with Berbatov. Everyone should applaud clubs that resist aggressive and unwanted approaches.

I think it's just a bit sad, like Peace thought the rules of 'I have to sell otherwise I'll have an unhappy player on my books, but if I let them go I'll reinvest the money' just didn't apply to them. But what ended up happening was exactly that. I think Peace thought he could act like a big club Chairman when he's at West Brom, and the rules are different.

As I said, maybe some blame lies with Berahino for letting his head go (in fact a lot of blame will lie there) but it seems like there was certain promises made to him that weren't kept. He also had his manager in the press saying he would like to sell to reinvest the money, but Peace thought differently. As it was, Berahino lost the chance to join an elite club, and you never know when those opportunities will come around again.

In fairness, Peace did nothing wrong. He's within his rights to do what he did. But if everyone's saying you should sell, lose an unhappy player and spend the money on players that can strengthen you, otherwise the brick will hit the fan, it's just a little bit funny when it actually happens to a club that acted bigger than they were against us.

And Berahino had two years left on his contract when we were bidding. So he could see the light at the end of the tunnel, and his value was only going to decrease rapidly. He knew that Peace could sell, but he also knew it wouldn't be too long until he got his move anyway. Modric had 5 years left and had no bargaining power. Maybe that meant Berahino should have busted a gut again for one more year, but maybe he was thinking it wasn't in his interest to perform as well as he could, because Peace would then place an unrealistic value on his head!!

Nah. The principle of holding a player to their contract may be legally correct. But berahino is human, and wanted to better himself both financially and football wise nothing wrong with that either. It happens all the time in other walks of life, I bet that Peace wouldn't have stayed in a job if he had a better job offer come up. I can understand if, as with Modric, Berahino was a key player who they intended to build their side around, but he does not fit with the manager's style of play and the manager would have been ok if he was sold and the money re-invested. But Peace wanted to play billy big gonad*s and in the process damaged a player's career. That for me is morally dubious.

I think it's just a bit sad, like Peace thought the rules of 'I have to sell otherwise I'll have an unhappy player on my books, but if I let them go I'll reinvest the money' just didn't apply to them. But what ended up happening was exactly that. I think Peace thought he could act like a big club Chairman when he's at West Brom, and the rules are different.

As I said, maybe some blame lies with Berahino for letting his head go (in fact a lot of blame will lie there) but it seems like there was certain promises made to him that weren't kept. He also had his manager in the press saying he would like to sell to reinvest the money, but Peace thought differently. As it was, Berahino lost the chance to join an elite club, and you never know when those opportunities will come around again.

In fairness, Peace did nothing wrong. He's within his rights to do what he did. But if everyone's saying you should sell, lose an unhappy player and spend the money on players that can strengthen you, otherwise the brick will hit the fan, it's just a little bit funny when it actually happens to a club that acted bigger than they were against us.

And Berahino had two years left on his contract when we were bidding. So he could see the light at the end of the tunnel, and his value was only going to decrease rapidly. He knew that Peace could sell, but he also knew it wouldn't be too long until he got his move anyway. Modric had 5 years left and had no bargaining power. Maybe that meant Berahino should have busted a gut again for one more year, but maybe he was thinking it wasn't in his interest to perform as well as he could, because Peace would then place an unrealistic value on his head!!
poocastle allegedly offered west brom 25 million cash last January Peace still didn't want to sell. The guy was acting like a cnut.

why can't footballers have normal employment contracts just like all of us.
you know, just resign from the club and update linkedin ?

It would destroy the lower leagues and grassroots football in an instant. There'd be no point investing in the development of anyone

Nah. The principle of holding a player to their contract may be legally correct. But berahino is human, and wanted to better himself both financially and football wise nothing wrong with that either. It happens all the time in other walks of life, I bet that Peace wouldn't have stayed in a job if he had a better job offer come up. I can understand if, as with Modric, Berahino was a key player who they intended to build their side around, but he does not fit with the manager's style of play and the manager would have been ok if he was sold and the money re-invested. But Peace wanted to play billy big cobblers and in the process damaged a player's career. That for me is morally dubious.

He's earnt £10m sitting on his arse for 2 years eating crisps and playing xbox. Boohoo. He should have got his head down and worked hard for the fans that pay his salary, and tried to earn an even better move the following year (like Modric did), instead of self-sabotaging his career.

He's earnt £10m sitting on his arse for 2 years eating crisps and playing xbox. Boohoo. He should have got his head down and worked hard for the fans that pay his salary, and tried to earn an even better move the following year (like Modric did), instead of self-sabotaging his career.
Are you on a wind up GB? Do you have inside info on his contract? I doubt he earns 5 million a year at west brom. You have no idea how he has been at west brom and you can't stand him so it hardly makes you objective.

I have a normal employment contract, my company have invested a lot on my development

Are there 7000 English companies in your industry though (like there are football clubs in the country)? Or are there a dozen or so companies with hundreds or thousands of staff? How close would you be to your company's first choice 11 employees?

Are there 7000 English companies in your industry though (like there are football clubs in the country)? Or are there a dozen or so companies with hundreds or thousands of staff? How close would you be to your company's first choice 11 employees?

Hundreds, doubtful as many as 7000 but certainly more than there are professional football clubs.

A fixture in the first 11. Like most companies we have a training budget and staff of all levels are encouraged to better themselves.

why can't footballers have normal employment contracts just like all of us.

In fact, they do have, but just with a longer period of notice. The same goes of the top management at every company. They have signed a contract saying that they cannot leave for another company within the same area for a certain amount of time.

The problem here is that you are comparing apples with oranges....

Modric was one of Redknapp's first choice players, a player that he wanted to keep at pretty much all costs. Whereas Berahino did not fit Tony Pullis' game plan and he was happy to let him leave. Pulis had even told Berahino that he wasn't going to be getting games at centre forward and was happy for the player to leave for a decent fee. The problem for Berahino was that him being kept beyond the end of that summer window meant that he would get no game time at all in his preferred number 9 position and indeed very little game time at all. I agree with you that the player should've handled the situation better, but it would've been impossible for the player to earn an even better move the following year as his stock as a player was only likely to ever go down due to the manager not fancying him for his long ball system.

The problem here is that you are comparing apples with oranges....

Modric was one of Redknapp's first choice players, a player that he wanted to keep at pretty much all costs. Whereas Berahino did not fit Tony Pullis' game plan and he was happy to let him leave. Pulis had even told Berahino that he wasn't going to be getting games at centre forward and was happy for the player to leave for a decent fee. The problem for Berahino was that him being kept beyond the end of that summer window meant that he would get no game time at all in his preferred number 9 position and indeed very little game time at all. I agree with you that the player should've handled the situation better, but it would've been impossible for the player to earn an even better move the following year as his stock as a player was only likely to ever go down due to the manager not fancying him for his long ball system.

Good point, and you see Berahino's quotes today around the fact that West Brom were offering him contracts, then freezing him out. I think they handled it terribly and set his career back some years. Modric was a key player for us. We could justifiably say give us one more year playing really well and you'll get an even better move. Liverpool did the same with Suarez. It wasn't the case at West Brom. Berahino wasn't a key player, the manager was happy to sell him, and he was then frozen out.

Peace wanted to prove something but I don't really know what it was. We sold Modric in the end. Liverpool sold Suarez. Even United sold Ronaldo. And all 3 moves bettered those players careers, with clubs getting one more season out of them.

Feel for Berahino, I really do. Sad thing is he would have been a great signing for us, either in the Chadli/Dele role either cutting in from the left or as someone to give Kane a break. He would have performed well in our system and probably been an England regular by now.

Back