• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

You can't keep 3 senior players for 1 position. That's just a recipe for disharmony. I also don't see Berahino as any more suitable for the #9 role than Son or Njie - they'd all be jobbing wing forwards.
But that's because you haven't ever actually really watched Berahino play.... You decided a long while ago that he wasn't a number 9, I think based on the fact that he wasn't being played there by WBA due to the fact that he isn't a typical Tony Pullis number 9 (i.e. he is not a battering ram).

Previously you were advocating signing Sandro from Barcelona as an option to play as our number 9, despite the fact that he is smaller, lighter and weaker than Berahino.

Berahino is far more suited to number 9 than either Son or NJie, simply for the fact that number 9 is his primary position on the football pitch.

He's a finisher...like Kane in many ways. Whether he could rediscover his form under Poch, we don't know. But we only need him if Poch is interested in starting both Kane and Janssen.

Is that 26 full games or mainly late sub appearances playing as a number 11?

For England under 21s he has the same scoring ratio as Kane (perhaps even better?)

They worked (and scored) well when playing together - hence the attraction of signing him . The moment has probably passed, but IPWT ..... not Individual Personal Weapon Test, in case anyone was confused.

Drink driving, nitrous and punch-ups with teammates. He's got quite a lot of previous.

Yeah drink driving never did Ferdinand any harm .... Robbie Keane knocked out a team mate in training here at Spurs yet it didn't harm him

Players are not Angels...lots are arse holes but if they do what they need to do on the pitch then there invariably idolised

Yeah drink driving never did Ferdinand any harm .... Robbie Keane knocked out a team mate in training here at Spurs yet it didn't harm him

Players are not Angels...lots are arse holes but if they do what they need to do on the pitch then there invariably idolised

You've got to mitigate against disruptive forces though. What if starts leading a group of the young players astray and the old drinking culture starts reviving? Our teamspirit is so great at the moment, but it's always something that needs to be carefully managed.

You've got to mitigate against disruptive forces though. What if starts leading a group of the young players astray and the old drinking culture starts reviving? Our teamspirit is so great at the moment, but it's always something that needs to be carefully managed.

I agree with the sentiment but honestly think your trying to pin a badge on him based on some rumours and your own perceptions

He wasn't know as a bad influence for England under 21s and it hasn't been reported of him as a bad influence at West from

Last edited:
He goes for free (development compensation only) in June if they can't sell him now

Indeed. To me this is key for West Brom and Pulis to get money to re-invest.
And Pulis is a qunt (and a liar) as far as i'm concerned, so i can see Saido sit things out for pure spite.

If no deal is made with Stoke (or any other club) it will make me wonder about how much we are still watching from afar...

EDIT - In fact, who knows if this supposed "deal agreed" story is even true, or just been put out to flush others to also make bids...

Time has passed on this one .. key period of a developing player's career being unfit, not having regular games.

May turn out to be a decent player, but I'd be surprised to see even a top 10 level player emerge from that mess.

I quite like what West Brom have done this year...but I feel like they should be ashamed of the way they've handled Berahino's career.

It seems Peace rejected our bid out of nothing more than bloody mindedness, trying to prove to Levy he could out-Levy the best Chairman in the league. Pulis would have sold as he would have reinvested the money, but as it was Berahino's head was totally screwed and a nice career has stalled. Maybe we should have offered more, maybe Berahino should have kept his head on, but we have no idea what promises were made to him before our bids and they've failed him I think.

When we played hard ball with Modric, we actually got a good season out of him after the Chelsea interest and got him a good move. Everyone was a winner. With this, everyone lost. We lost out. West Brom lost out. Berahino has lost out. Just a really sorry state. For some reason Peace thought he could act like a big club, but he really screwed his career. I do feel for Saido.

Back