• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Or just sell Chadli and use Son and Njie as backup WFs. I think both are much more capable than Berahinho.

Well I think Berahino has a much higher ceiling than you give him credit for and would be well worth a place in our squad and that there's enough room if Chadli were to leave.

I hope we sign him, i've perfected my Pulis impersonation thanks to him

"Saido, Saido, SAIDO" <naked* headbutt>

*there is a baseball cap

N'Jie is a wing forward, Berahino is a natural striker, big difference.

I think their style is pretty similar. They both like running at defences with or without the ball, stretching them with their pace, rather than playing with their back to goal

I think their style is pretty similar. They both like running at defences with or without the ball, stretching them with their pace, rather than playing with their back to goal

Berahino plays his best football as an out and out striker. Its not surprise that his form dipped when he was playing outwide (and this was before our original bid). He is twice the goalscorer N'Jie is.

We should be all over this deal at that price. We know he wants to come as well which is one less thing to worry about.

A disruptive influence with questionable character carries too many risks, for any price, when our squad unity/commonality of purpose is such an important aspect in our success.

Berahino plays his best football as an out and out striker. Its not surprise that his form dipped when he was playing outwide (and this was before our original bid). He is twice the goalscorer N'Jie is.

For a long ball team. Not a possession team

A disruptive influence with questionable character carries too many risks, for any price, when our squad unity/commonality of purpose is such an important aspect in our success.
Don't like him? Eh? ;)

I not going to argue with you but IMO there were plenty of mitigating circumstances. Obviously his behaviour was not ideal but he is a young man whose dream move had been denied because the chairman want to compare dingdong sizes with Levy. Anyway he's low risk at that price IMO.

all the attitude stuff is conjecture really from where any of us are sitting - id expect the club would have a better understanding of what he is really like and if they have decided to move on because of what they know then of course that would be fair enough, but from behind our pc monitors we don't know enough to use it against him.

For a long ball team. Not a possession team
No.... He DIDN'T play out and out striker for a long ball team... He got shunted out wide or didn't play at all. As a player Berahino doesn't suit a long ball team at all. He did well at WBA previously before Pulis had turned them into such a team. He is a very good footballer as his games for England under 21s have shown.

Don't like him? Eh? ;)

I not going to argue with you but IMO there were plenty of mitigating circumstances. Obviously his behaviour was not ideal but he is a young man whose dream move had been denied because the chairman want to compare dingdong sizes with Levy. Anyway he's low risk at that price IMO.
You can see why he was so desperate to get a move to us at the time when you consider that his fears then became reality with him hardly getting a game for Pulis, never getting one in his preferred position and perhaps also completely missing out on a move to a top club.

West ham seem to be interested in anything that moves-which is what happens when agents are alerted that you have 30 mill to burn.Unless there is some underlying problem we don't know about we should be all over this for 5-10 million its not even a discussion.

After watching the first round of the euros I'm alarmed at the lack of decent strikers around. Ok Berahino may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is better than a lot of forwards out there to pick from

Anything less than 12 mill and he is a good deal imo. He just needs a fresh start away from West Brom and a manager to help improve him.

After watching the first round of the euros I'm alarmed at the lack of decent strikers around. Ok Berahino may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is better than a lot of forwards out there to pick from

Anything less than 12 mill and he is a good deal imo. He just needs a fresh start away from West Brom and a manager to help improve him.
It is better than just a 'good deal'. It would be the steal of the century considering we were offering almost twice that amount late in the window last summer.

Was talking about this to my son, there is a lack of genuine class players, any that are available are probably beyond our grasp.

Back