• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saha

well??

• I knew it

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I didnt see it coming

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I wanted Kaka or Leandro

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • bring back Ginger Pele

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
And what a massive problem that is with all the competitive fixtures we have in the next couple of months.

Oh yeah, because currently we're the most attractive club in the world with an unlimited wage budget and everyone wants to join us.

Just saying I think it was a little early to let one of our only two strikers go, as we don't know who else we'll have come August.

It's either let him go or give him a longer contract?

Judging by the general feelings on here, I doubt many would condone the latter.

We were looking for a 4th choice striker. Someone who could come in when we had serious injuries and do something. Someone that was decent in the air and could probably play Ade's role quite well without kicking up a fuss that he wouldn't get much playing time because he was clearly a back up?

How can you in the same breathe claim we were looking for a 4th striker choice and yet expect him to step in when your first choice striker is not available? There has got to be something wrong when your 4th choice striker steps in as soon as your main striker is injured. Or maybe people on here spend too much time putting labels on strikers - 1st choice, 2nd chice, 3rd choice etc.

Last season most people on here agreed Ade worked very hard and led the line well, but there is no denying that he spurned numerous guilt edge chances. I am of the opinion we needed a player superior player to Saha. Ideally a player capable of playing alongside Ade as well as instead of him. Preferable of such quality that at the very worst if he were not as good as Ade at least good enough to push Ade and keep him on his toes.

Yes, I'm sure he was, or probably very near the top of the list. Was he going to be our first choice to improve on Adebayor? No, of course not. But he was never intended to be.

And no surprise when we needed him he was not good enough. With Saha, the gulf between the two was so evident that Ade and fans alike new that as long he stayed fit he (Ade) would start. And then when Ade was injured our standard of play simply dropped because Saha was incapable of leading the line

Investment is needed, but it doesn't have to be massive..

Two strikers and a defender and we'd probably be fine, bring up some of the youth to backup spots we need and sorted.

This sort of buying just wont cut it. If Rednapp stays, we have to assume that Defoe will leave. Ade is not our player. Pav, Keane, Crouch and Saha have left and have not been replaced.

Consequently at the very least we need four new strikers if we are to compete for the CL places. unless you are happy to just have Kane leading the line!

This sort of buying just wont cut it. If Rednapp stays, we have to assume that Defoe will leave. Ade is not our player. Pav, Keane, Crouch and Saha have left and have not been replaced.

Consequently at the very least we need four new strikers if we are to compete for the CL places. unless you are happy to just have Kane leading the line!

Four strikers? If we continue to play our current formation you would have to count VDV amongst the strikers.

Also i would like you to show me one bit of evidence that states Defoe will definitely leave if we keep Harry.

I wouldn't be against Kane being our fourth choice striker, get him playing in the europa league games and see how he does.

Thus in either situation the most we would need is two strikers.

Why? Defoe has not submitted a transfer request or said that he wants to leave. I think that there are questions about how he fits into our system but he is worth holding onto if he is happy to stay.

Adebayor is negotiating with the club, if an agreement can be reached then him and one more would be sufficient.

Four strikers? If we continue to play our current formation you would have to count VDV amongst the strikers.

Also i would like you to show me one bit of evidence that states Defoe will definitely leave if we keep Harry.

I wouldn't be against Kane being our fourth choice striker, get him playing in the europa league games and see how he does.

Thus in either situation the most we would need is two strikers.

Exactly

Back