• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

This was my big doubt over our links to him - I wasn't sure if it was even possible to sign him outright without him having signed a professional contract. We'll see where this one goes.

I'm no expert on that mate but I know you can't buy a professional unless they are one

You can compensate a team but i think in his age range even that wouldn't work

Didn't he have to sign own due to his age

We were always gonna have to pay a hefty fee If we were ever gonna get hjm

17 is the age they can sign a pro contract, not have to. Players on a scholarship(typically from age 16-18) are free to move wherever they like, if the club they're moving from don't agree to it then they're due a fee which is settled at a tribunal. Sessegnon could have left but probably didn't want to see Fulham potentially being done out of a big fee, he could still leave but it sounds like he wants to stay there for at least another year anyway.

17 is the age they can sign a pro contract, not have to. Players on a scholarship(typically from age 16-18) are free to move wherever they like, if the club they're moving from don't agree to it then they're due a fee which is settled at a tribunal. Sessegnon could have left but probably didn't want to see Fulham potentially being done out of a big fee, he could still leave but it sounds like he wants to stay there for at least another year anyway.
That's probably the best option for him -- if he has a stellar year, he'll get a much higher wage and sign-on fee than he could stand to get this year. By playing with players he knows and in a team he knows, he's got an excellent chance to shine.

Even if he has a bad or indifferent year, he'd probably still be able to move on for decent money -- there's no benefit to him signing anywhere else, even if it's a Dele-style loan-back deal. Unlike Dele's case, Fulham are a decent-sized club so Sessegnon should continue to get exposure.

It'd be even nicer if he's actually showing a bit of loyalty to his club, but that's far from a given.

Get him now then loan him back for the season. Then next summer if Rose wants out then we'll have a ready-made replacement.

Get him now then loan him back for the season. Then next summer if Rose wants out then we'll have a ready-made replacement.

Back