• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

I don't think he's near the level yet for Alli comparisons. I watched Fulham's play-off semi the other day and he was quite poor. He looked much more a mini Yedlin than a mini Rose - i.e. at this stage he's a runner more than a footballer.

On the limited times I've seen him his passing and positioning look good, I not seen him put under pressure defensively. Buying such a young player is always a gamble, but Poch seems to be able to work with young players so it may not be a great risk.

He just turned 17. I can't remember any fullback playing a significant part in a PL season for a team in the top 6 at that age.

I haven't seen Sessegnon nearly enough to judge if he currently is good enough to do that. But I have my doubts.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a loan deal if we do sign him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a loan deal if we do sign him.

Considering Poch's stance with all the other young players already here, why do you think it would be different for Sessegnon? Surely if we were to sign him he'd want to be working with him every day along with the rest of the squad.

Considering Poch's stance with all the other young players already here, why do you think it would be different for Sessegnon? Surely if we were to sign him he'd want to be working with him every day along with the rest of the squad.

Poch has said that loans can be useful inn some circumstances.

I think we'd want him to get some games. But we've seemingly been reluctant to sign expensive, high wage players to join our academy/youth teams. I think that's wise and I'm not sure adding Sessegnon to that group is necessarily a good idea.

Poch has said that loans can be useful inn some circumstances.

I think we'd want him to get some games. But we've seemingly been reluctant to sign expensive, high wage players to join our academy/youth teams. I think that's wise and I'm not sure adding Sessegnon to that group is necessarily a good idea.

If he does sign then I'd be surprised if he didn't go straight into the 1st team squad and be in the same position as the likes of KWP, CCV and Onomah. I can't imagine he'd have anything to do with the youth sides other than maybe the occasional U23 game to keep sharp.

We loaned Alli in similar circumstances back to MK Dons so clearly a similar outcome here wouldn't go against that

We loaned Alli in similar circumstances back to MK Dons so clearly a similar outcome here wouldn't go against that

Not exactly similar circumstances as we signed Dele mid season in Jan 2015 when MK Dons were still chasing promotion. They probably insisted as part of the deal for Spurs to allow Dele to be loaned back to help them and as Poch prefers working with new players during a summer pre season it made sense all round to let Dele join up properly when the season ended.

I think we're at a completely different point in time now though. We signed Alli halfway through Poch's first season where the groundwork was only just being put in place, now we're heading into his 4th full year and we have a clear understanding of how things work and what is required. I'm just surprised by the position @braineclipse took as he has argued on more than one occasion that the best place for our young players is at the club working with Pochettino and the rest of the squad on a day-to-day basis, so I'm just a little curious as to how he can now say he wouldn't be shocked if Pochettino was to leave a young player(and one signed for big money at that) elsewhere under the guidance of another manager for a year. It surely goes against everything we've seen and heard from the club with regards to the belief in developing players in-house rather than looking to the more conventional route of loaning them out for game-time/experience.

It's similar in so far as we would be leaving a player we signed at the club he has been developed at for an agreed upon level of time - it wouldn't be the same as loaning one of our youth players to another club, which is what seems to be the main no no for us atm, althpugh i dont really see that as something set in stone and will be open to review anyway? this (and Alli) would essentially be like buying a player 6 months to a year earlier than when they join you.

I think we're at a completely different point in time now though. We signed Alli halfway through Poch's first season where the groundwork was only just being put in place, now we're heading into his 4th full year and we have a clear understanding of how things work and what is required. I'm just surprised by the position @braineclipse took as he has argued on more than one occasion that the best place for our young players is at the club working with Pochettino and the rest of the squad on a day-to-day basis, so I'm just a little curious as to how he can now say he wouldn't be shocked if Pochettino was to leave a young player(and one signed for big money at that) elsewhere under the guidance of another manager for a year. It surely goes against everything we've seen and heard from the club with regards to the belief in developing players in-house rather than looking to the more conventional route of loaning them out for game-time/experience.

I think that's true both as our current overall strategy and as a good idea in general. But that doesn't mean it's the best approach in all cases. I see no contradiction between what I've said in the past and what I'm saying now.

Spending decent money on a player that's grown used to regular first team football, giving them decent wages and then only playing them in the reserves causes some obvious problems. All in all a year away on loan might be the better option.

Aren't we jumping the gun a bit here, talking about the loan arrangements of a player we haven't actually bought yet?
The conversation is a hypothetical one at this point, from me at least. I thought that much was obvious and didn't include "if we sign him" in my posts.

Didn't he have to sign own due to his age

We were always gonna have to pay a hefty fee If we were ever gonna get hjm

I think he had to sign a professional deal first yes.

But gonna be a special player for someone in the end.

Sure the fee wouldn't be much different as we couldn't sign him without him having a professional contract could we?

This was my big doubt over our links to him - I wasn't sure if it was even possible to sign him outright without him having signed a professional contract. We'll see where this one goes.

Back