• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

I guess the plan would be to stick him in the U21s for a bit and let him come through in 2-3 seasons' time in tandem with KWP on the other side. Similar to what happened with Rose (who has playing first team championship football)
If we buy him, and still have Davies and Rose, I think he would stay on loan at Fulham.

Bale only really established himself half way through his 3rd season with us.

But he was immediately in the squad and team as soon as he signed as a raw 18 year old. iirc he scored 2 or 3 goals in his first 4 games, against Fulham away where we absolutely murdered them but only drew 3-3 and didnt he score a free kick at home in an NLD?

It's only because he got injured and suffered a loss of confidence that he drifted out of the team for those infamous years where we never won a game where he was involved.

But he was signed to go straight in the team and that's what happened.

I think it was that promise of immediate involvement that actually swung the deal in our favour. Ferguson at Utd wasnt so sure and couldn't guarantee immediate first team football so Bale decided to join us.

This is our big advantage when trying to buy highly talented young players. Poch is proven to trust in youngsters and I think this will give us the edge in signing someone like Sessegnon.

Potentially we're buying him earlier than we would have liked in order to beat bigger clubs to the deal - I wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned back to Fulham on an initial six months ala Alli and MK Dons and then either bring him here in Jan or leave him there until next summer.

Though I can also see him coming here straight away too tbf

I guess the plan would be to stick him in the U21s for a bit and let him come through in 2-3 seasons' time in tandem with KWP on the other side. Similar to what happened with Rose (who has playing first team championship football)
That was probably the "plan" for Dele as well.

Disagree completely. His situation is likely to be more akin to Dele Ali's

Looks like a talent, indeed, but he's been hyped a lot this last year, and is still quite raw from what I've seen, and seeing as he's only 17 (16?) years old, how much would we be willing to pay for this guy? At around 10 mill or less it would probably/definitely be worth it, but over 20 mill would seem too much for such a raw player, in my opinion - but then again, if Poch believes in him, I do too!
I think he will split the difference of your two numbers.

But he was immediately in the squad and team as soon as he signed as a raw 18 year old. iirc he scored 2 or 3 goals in his first 4 games, against Fulham away where we absolutely murdered them but only drew 3-3 and didnt he score a free kick at home in an NLD?

It's only because he got injured and suffered a loss of confidence that he drifted out of the team for those infamous years where we never won a game where he was involved.

But he was signed to go straight in the team and that's what happened.

Just read this

That Fulham game he was sublime

No one who has played first team football is coming to Spurs to play in the youth teams. Bale had 45 games for Southampton, Dele 88 games for MKD, and Sessegnon has 30 games for Fulham.
I was going to say this. Im sure nobody expected Dele to go straight into the team but he did and Im sure others before him. That being said if hes being lined up as a left back then hes got his work cut out being first choice.....

He was....up and down that left side he was literally unplayable.

Berbatov was magic on the day too and Keano was excellent. We should have scored more but it was terrible to concede how we did. The old Spurs;)
I remember watching us lose 1-0 at Old Trafford early in Bale's first season -- may even have been his debut -- in Barbados with 20 hockey mates, mostly Manchester blues and reds. Bale was superb, constantly running up his wing, and we didn't deserve to lose that game.

I was at the match, he scored two goals. I knew then he was gonna be a very special player, he really was truly unplayable that day.

Strangely for me the highlight was a foot long hotdog in and a 6 inch hot dog.... when I asked if they meant that (as I'd seen others with it the other way round) the young lad smiled and in a plummy voice told me I was getting more for my money

He was....up and down that left side he was literally unplayable.

Berbatov was magic on the day too and Keano was excellent. We should have scored more but it was terrible to concede how we did. The old Spurs;)

Didn't Fulham score from a last minute overhead kick that day?

Edit - they sure did.

Disagree completely. His situation is likely to be more akin to Dele Ali's

I don't think he's near the level yet for Alli comparisons. I watched Fulham's play-off semi the other day and he was quite poor. He looked much more a mini Yedlin than a mini Rose - i.e. at this stage he's a runner more than a footballer.

Back